Suns Extend Winning Streak to 13

Suns Extend Winning Streak to 13

There are 6 comments on the The Associated Press story from Jan 21, 2007, titled Suns Extend Winning Streak to 13 . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Without Kevin Garnett and Ricky Davis, the Minnesota Timberwolves had no chance against the streaking Phoenix Suns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Since: Jan 07

Hondo, Texas

#1 Jan 22, 2007
Marion is an ok plyer...Nash is a prodigy. If the Sun's record keeps up, he should get MVP...again...
uno

Bergenfield, NJ

#2 Jan 22, 2007
Marion is an ok player?! He's in the top 10 if not the top 5 in every category in the league,Nash is a prodigy? too much credit,hes good,but the team around him and the system is what makes him so good,arenas gets my vote for mvp over nash anyday of the week this year,nash & th suns are doing the same thing everyone knew they were going to do,hes not surprising anyone
Shaun

United States

#3 Jan 22, 2007
Yeah he really isn't a prodigy, but in all perspective, you can still consider him an MVP, and I only say this because every time Nash has been out with any injury of any sort, the suns have crashed and burned horribly. The truth is is that the suns would like to think they were somthing, but without Nash, they dont have a freaking clue how to make a play. That's the only reason he's an mvp candidate: his team is clueless without him.
Mel

Scottsdale, AZ

#4 Jan 22, 2007
People - get a grip - Areana over Nash? Nash is putting up better numbers then the past 2 years. Nash makes everyone else around him better. And when he needs to he can take over a game - he is shooting over 50% in field goal percantage and 3 pointers made he is in the top 5 free throw shooting. Arenas is a good player, but he is a "me" player first. Just look at the other players that have played with Phx and left - they are not doing well other then Joe Johnson where is the main player. Remember Quentin Richardson, Tim Thomas - They are doing horribly because they don't have a guy like Steve Nash to find them and also the system that Phx runs. I can't stand to watch a game where the score is 88 to 80 it is really boring after watching Phx and Dallas all the time.
Suns Fan

United States

#5 Jan 23, 2007
pochoprof wrote:
Marion is an ok plyer...Nash is a prodigy. If the Sun's record keeps up, he should get MVP...again...
Marion is an ok player?? sorry man, but you are wrong!!You see you guys don't see Marion in a regular basis like we do and let me tell you that Marion is in the top 20 players in the NBA right now.. He avgs about 18 ppg and thats just pure hustle, in the rebounding catergory he avgs about 9 rpg(he had 20reb on Sunday and he didin't play the 4th quarter). The amazing part of it is that he is only 6"7 but he plays like he is 7ft tall.I'm not saying that he is the bestplayer in the NBA or that he is going to be in the hall of fame but he is not just okay,he's a very,very good player.

Steve Nash is the Phx Suns it is not the system, it's not D'Antoni but it's all about nash. I've seen Barbosa tried to play the point in many ocassion but the offense is not as fliud as it is when Steve Nash is at the point, and even thought Barbosa is playing very good this season he's not Steve Nash. Eddie House coudln't make it,Jalen Rose can't, Banks can't and I doubt that if Jason Kidd could.. Why??

Becouse Steve can shot the ball and pass the ball as good as anybody. If Steve Nash really wanted to he could average about 26-29 ppg, Nash already contributes 40-45 points a game with 18.6 ppg and 11.6 apg.
So Scott Skile was right when he said that Steve Nash is the best player in the NBA. He is not the most exciting player in the NBA i.e. Kobe Bryant,D-Wade, Lebron and others becouse they can jump out of the gym but when you add all the stats and you put it into just how they impact the gaem Steve Nash is the best with Kobe right behind him(Kobe is becoming a team player).

GO SUNS!!!
SolarPower

Arlington, VA

#6 Jan 23, 2007
uno wrote:
Marion is an ok player?! He's in the top 10 if not the top 5 in every category in the league,Nash is a prodigy? too much credit,hes good,but the team around him and the system is what makes him so good,arenas gets my vote for mvp over nash anyday of the week this year,nash & th suns are doing the same thing everyone knew they were going to do,hes not surprising anyone
So, just because Nash has the Suns rolling like everyone thought they would, he shouldn't be considered for MVP? WRONG!! This guy has stepped his game up every season since he returned to PHX and deserves every bit of recognition he gets. He could easily be one of the top scorers in the league but since he's a PG in the true meaning of the term, he'll always look to his teammates before looking to score himself. He's the only guy that can dominate a gmae without scoring because of his leadership on the floor. Anyone who plays w/ PHX will be a better player because of Steve and there aren't too many guys who have played this game that you can say that about. I believe that makes him the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER for his squad, which is what the MVP stands for, correct?
GO SUNS**********

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trenton Hassell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wade does it again, drains 43 to overwhelm Nets (Dec '08) Dec '08 St Louis Heat Fan 4
News Ankle injury to delay Harris' debut with Nets (Feb '08) Feb '08 rirris 8
News The NBA trade deadline is 3 p.m. Thursday. Late... (Feb '08) Feb '08 Philip13 47
News Kidd To Mavs Awaits League OK (Feb '08) Feb '08 spanky 1
News Reports: Mavs swing new deal for Kidd (Feb '08) Feb '08 Tommy Fleet 2
News Mavs, Nets Finally Finish Kidd Deal (Feb '08) Feb '08 MARY BETH SORRY 12
News He's got a ticket to ride (Jun '07) Jun '07 Andy Mpls 5
More from around the web