Magic hold on to defeat Trail Blazers 101-94

The Orlando Magic nearly began the second half of the season the way they ended the first half. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sixx

Princeton, KY

#1 Jan 19, 2008
Nice job Mo Evans.
Cocoa Beach Fan

Ocoee, FL

#2 Jan 19, 2008
I didn't watch the game because it was on FSN, but how is it Carlos Arroyo plays 20 minutes and has zero assists and 3 turnovers?

Jimmy the Geek was wrong again. Don't give us your predictions are 85% correct. I swear everytime you predict a losing streak or actually, the Magic will lose the game you are wrong! Every time! You know everyone on this blog knows your predictions suck! So stop making them, it just makes you look more like an idiot!

Go Magic!
Jim

United States

#3 Jan 19, 2008
Technically this does not count as a blown prediction against my stellar record. It is like getting a no decision as a baseball pitcher. The reason for this is that once again the Magic blew another big lead. Had they won this game in a blowout, or atleast double digits, then I would have come in here and admitted defeat on my part. But due to their inability to put this team away, it is like my prediction never happened. Therefore, once again, even when I may be wrong, I still wind up being right. That is all part of being great at what I do.
Jim

United States

#4 Jan 19, 2008
Atleast they won. GO MAGIC!!!
Jim

United States

#5 Jan 19, 2008
Cocoa Beach Fan wrote:
I didn't watch the game because it was on FSN, but how is it Carlos Arroyo plays 20 minutes and has zero assists and 3 turnovers?
Jimmy the Geek was wrong again. Don't give us your predictions are 85% correct. I swear everytime you predict a losing streak or actually, the Magic will lose the game you are wrong! Every time! You know everyone on this blog knows your predictions suck! So stop making them, it just makes you look more like an idiot!
Go Magic!
Think about it dude. I get to come in here about 85 percent of the time to view people posting after another Magic loss after I have made an accurate prediction. You on the other hand, just show up on the rare occasions they are lucky enough to hold onto winning one after nearly blowing it, and spew your uneducated rubbish.
Once again I raise my hands in victory. You may carry on now sir.
Cocoa Beach Fan

Ocoee, FL

#6 Jan 19, 2008
Jim wrote:
Technically this does not count as a blown prediction against my stellar record. It is like getting a no decision as a baseball pitcher. The reason for this is that once again the Magic blew another big lead. Had they won this game in a blowout, or atleast double digits, then I would have come in here and admitted defeat on my part. But due to their inability to put this team away, it is like my prediction never happened. Therefore, once again, even when I may be wrong, I still wind up being right. That is all part of being great at what I do.
LOL....Dude, you are so full of $h*t it's friggin unbelievable. You're right, at least they won.
Man, I just would like to see the Magic and least one of two from the Pistons. Where are we with them, I think we've lost 8 or 9 in a row to them. Go Magic!
Jim

United States

#7 Jan 19, 2008
Cocoa Beach Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....Dude, you are so full of $h*t it's friggin unbelievable. You're right, at least they won.
Man, I just would like to see the Magic and least one of two from the Pistons. Where are we with them, I think we've lost 8 or 9 in a row to them. Go Magic!
I think you're right about the 8 or 9 in a row. They have to atleast win the game against them in Orlando.
Right now the Bulls are beating Detroit 80-70 with about 8 mins to go in the game. So if they can beat them certainly the Magic can. 82-70 now.
Jim

United States

#8 Jan 19, 2008
Tonight with Howard on the floor the Magic were outscored by 7. With Turk out there they were outscored by 5. By comparison, with Foyle and Cook out there the Magic outscored the opposition a lot more.
It almost seems as though they improve defensively when these guys are out there which leads to some steals ans turnovers that result in easy baskets. These guys are more aggressive defensively. It appears as though Turk and Dwight are afraid of fouling.
Also, on offense oddly enough there seems to be a better flow with these subs in there. With DH things seem to bog down at times. Also he has not been dunking nearly as much now as he was earlier in the year.
Don't get me wrong. I am not saying to bench Howard by any means. But this seems to be happening a little more frequently now.
(Everyone) has to be aggressive on both ends of the floor irregardless of what the score is.
91-80 Bulls up on Pistons with 3 mins to go in game.
MarkZ

Tavares, FL

#9 Jan 19, 2008
Arrived home 15 minutes from the arena. Excellent win boys.
rico4ever

Taylors, SC

#10 Jan 19, 2008
Good things happened when Cook was on the floor against the Trailblazers. Why did he disappear in the bench when we could have used him when things were getting sticky. Is he that much out of condition? Why didn't he play at all against the Bobcats after scoring 14 off the bench in the W against the Bulls? Overall, you have to like the effort and W against an excellent team in the West with a winning record. Can the Magic go 25-15 in the next 40 games to reach 50-Ws? I'm encouraged because the Magic won Saturday night despite sub-par offensive performances by Lewis and Howard. That shows the rest of the players that they can win even when their two top guns are not on top of their games. Can we win 50? Yes we can!
robertohenry

San Josť, Costa Rica

#11 Jan 19, 2008
As I predicted the magic win
JIM=0
Robertohenry=1
This was great win against a very hot team.
I still would have like SVG to have better rotation but hey we won.
Jim see you on Monday for win #2
Ger-ron-im-o_ver

Orlando, FL

#12 Jan 19, 2008
Managed to get out of there fairly quickly this evening -- elbow to elbow (just like on the court sometimes) but everyone was "hitting their picks" and moving right along.

Was a little surprised, as my son commented, that they went through what seemed like nine or ten time-outs and ten-twelve fouls in that last "minute" of play...
Bud says

AOL

#13 Jan 19, 2008
Who cares...how can anyone worry about what a bunch of overpaid dumba**es in the NBA do on a day like todays TV with all the SUPER GREAT COLLEGE GAMES!
The NBA is dying...on TV especially. It's been like watching baseball, soccer, hockey or womens golf. ZZZzzz
Unbelievable college games today and tonight Thank Goodness.

Since: Jun 07

Nanning, China

#14 Jan 19, 2008
rico4ever, "Good things happened when Cook was on the floor against the Trailblazers."

I think Cook is showing what a PF can do for this team. I dont know if he is the answer or not but I sure would like to see him play more minutes. His rebounding also helps Howard inside and I think it will also make Lewis more effective since he gets to play his natural position. Magic play some tough games this week. Maybe we are catching Detroit down right now and we can get one from them, finally :)

Since: Jun 07

Nanning, China

#15 Jan 19, 2008
Hey Jim I am going to follow your rules of percentages. I am 100% correct in my predictions. I never have to count my loses.
big vern

Summerfield, FL

#19 Jan 19, 2008
free throws are terrible, defense was better, but to be a serious contender the magic have to be good not great in all phases of the game.
Puerto Rican

Central District, Hong Kong

#20 Jan 19, 2008
I wonder where my comrades are? Arroyo was awesome tonight. The Magic won simply because Arroyo started.
c2uk

Wisbech, UK

#24 Jan 20, 2008
Jim wrote:
Tonight with Howard on the floor the Magic were outscored by 7. With Turk out there they were outscored by 5. By comparison, with Foyle and Cook out there the Magic outscored the opposition a lot more.
It almost seems as though they improve defensively when these guys are out there which leads to some steals ans turnovers that result in easy baskets. These guys are more aggressive defensively. It appears as though Turk and Dwight are afraid of fouling.
Also, on offense oddly enough there seems to be a better flow with these subs in there. With DH things seem to bog down at times. Also he has not been dunking nearly as much now as he was earlier in the year.
Don't get me wrong. I am not saying to bench Howard by any means. But this seems to be happening a little more frequently now.
(Everyone) has to be aggressive on both ends of the floor irregardless of what the score is.
I'm also a bit worried about those two. Dwight hasn't played with the same energy he has displayed during our brilliant 16-4 stretch. Is it just because oposing teams are now better prepared? And his FT are still streaky.

With regards to Hedo, I'd like to see him coming off the bench and maybe start Cook if his condition allows him to. I also was surprised to not see Cook again, he seemed to be doing a great job out there and yet once benched he was never to be seen again.
Harv

Clearwater, FL

#25 Jan 20, 2008
Season Grades. Turk-A, Dwight-A(FertilityA+)Lewis B+, Turnovers-A+, Pint guards-C-, Bench-B,C,D, Coach-no grade but if you ask him he would say he could do better and I agree. My knowledge of basketball. Just a fan but allowed my 2 cents worth and thats all it is worth and am really hoping for a division championship at least and rubbing mud in the heats face for how they treated OUR coach. Cheers
Harv

Clearwater, FL

#26 Jan 20, 2008
I agree with c2uk on one point in that DH's energy does really seem down. No smile nothing.Something is really different. Is it the former magic lady(?) laughing on the way to the bank. Hope not. He's got that for 18 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travis Outlaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We've got new guys, they need nicknames (Dec '13) Dec '13 Patrick 1
Pathetic Performance In Minnesota Raises Early ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Richie 1
NBA Trade Rumors: Do New Jersey Nets Have the P... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Arvis Lincoln 2
Nets 107, Timberwolves 105: Nets get 21 assists... (Apr '11) Apr '11 fracas 5
Rookie Favors leads Nets in exhibition opener (Oct '10) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
Mavericks have it their way in defeating Clippers (Apr '10) Apr '10 True Lakers Fan 1
Clippers trade Camby to Blazers for Blake, Outlaw (Feb '10) Feb '10 Ricky-Ricardo 4
More from around the web