Spurs keep cool, beat steamed Jazz

Spurs keep cool, beat steamed Jazz

There are 7 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from May 29, 2007, titled Spurs keep cool, beat steamed Jazz. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

With each drive to the basket and each fall to the floor -- flop or not -- Manu Ginobili made the Utah Jazz and their fans angrier and angrier.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Adam

Bloomington, IN

#2 May 29, 2007
I only saw about 7 seconds of this game (was gone watching the new Pirates movie). I turned it on near the end of the 4th quarter to see Derek Fisher jogging down the court after a rebound, Manu running up from *behind* him, running into him, flopping violently to the ground (fisher didn't even move his arm), and Fisher gets called for a technical... not just a foul, a technical. That's all I needed to see.
and again

Indianapolis, IN

#3 May 29, 2007
where were the parents
Don in Indy

Indianapolis, IN

#4 May 29, 2007
The experience of the Spurs to control themselves and get to the free throw line in an ugly 4th quarter exposed the play-off inexperience of the Jazz. For Fischer to lose his cool and want to turn this contest into a wrestling match was stupid for his experience in previous play-offs with the Lakers!? I noted many European/foreign ballplayers on both teams. This caused me to think of the 19 year old Italian shooting guard during the World Games. Maybe Larry should look into this guy and see where he is at? The play of Parker and Ginobili points out to the effectiveness of a backcourt skilled in toughness of mind in the midst of the 'Battle'. Similar to Billups and Hamilton! I hope the Pacer brain trust gets a vision of bringing in a new backcourt and coach that is toughminded and physical without losing their cool in play-off type games! San Antonio being one of 4 old ABA teams sways my choice as the team to beat and with the likes of Parker, Duncan, Ginobili, Bowen I don't see Utah-Detroit or Cleveland beating them, no matter how sticky it gets.
Don in Indy

Indianapolis, IN

#5 May 29, 2007
The Jazz seem to be the pretenders and are not really serious contenders. They should not have gotten by the Golden State Warriors BUT for the simple reason the NBA thought they couldn't afford the volitile Warriors to advance and display the emotional instability to the world. Who knows they might have made it to the finals and that would look very bad as a rep of the NBA itself in a Championship series!? So, isn't it interesting that we have a blow-up in nice, friendly Utah?!!!! This got very interesting. I was envisioning the Warriors and Spurs and could only imagine what the previous 3 games would have been like!! Whoopee!!! Let 'em roll Baby!! One side comment concerning the Pacers in an atmosphere like this, they would horribly melt in competition this intense, even with hatchet man Harrison it would be NO CONTEST!!!!
Cowboy

United States

#6 May 29, 2007
Because of their success last year, I envisioned the Dallas Mavericks matching up against either the Phoenix Suns or the San Antonio Spurs for the Western Conference Championship. As a fan I have to tip my hat to both the Golden State Warriors and the Utah Jazz for squeezing into the playoffs and acquiring some exposure.
Ben

Northfield, MN

#7 May 29, 2007
the Refs wear Black white ansd gray on their off days
Dr Q

Albuquerque, NM

#9 May 29, 2007
As long as one of these teams (or Cleveland) takes out Detroit (not literally, for you Detroit thug fans), I'll be happy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Parker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who won the game on 12/15/2014 between Spurs vs... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Emily 1
News NBA Finals all even, though games haven't been,... (Jun '13) Jul '14 go now 3
News Parker leaves with tight hamstring, won't return (May '14) May '14 Emily 1
News Spurs crush Knicks 120-89, win 4th straight (Nov '13) Nov '13 Knicks Dude 1
News NBA Finals: After pushing Heat to the brink, Sp... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
News For Spurs and Heat, the NBA Finals can be memor... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
News Back in the NBA Finals, James has a chance to g... (Jun '13) Jun '13 neiljiohu 1
More from around the web