Spurs sweep Cavs for NBA title

Spurs sweep Cavs for NBA title

There are 38 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Jun 14, 2007, titled Spurs sweep Cavs for NBA title. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

True roundball royalty, the San Antonio Spurs are once again wearing the crown. LeBron James, Cleveland's preordained King, isn't quite ready for his.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RM in AZ

Chandler, AZ

#1 Jun 14, 2007
Duh!!! I could have wrote this for 9NEWS this morning. They were breaking out the brooms after Game 2....
Focker

Hialeah, FL

#2 Jun 14, 2007
What can you really say if you had one team with much more talent and experience vs a team with very limited playoff experience and no Finals experience from the East this is the result.. a sweep. Lebron had his pretty move knocking down that 3 but still this kid needs to step it up more while hes young. That means going to the rim more often when it matters the most. Not handing it off to and depending on Mophead aka Flopper #17 to make the last shot or should I even say Marshall. I really like Daniel Gibson aka BOOBY this kid has a really bright future and Im glad he got some time to shine in the post season. I didnt really care who would come out to be the winner of this series but wow talk about a low scoring and very boring Finals series no wonder the TV ratings were down this year. It would have been nice to see Cleveland win for a change the city deserves it the most the fans are very loyal there. In fact If I were Cleveland I would be satisfied how far they have gotten in the post season. This certainly wasnt how I'd expected like last years with a comeback or the year before but come on.. a sweep is not cool.
David

Fort Collins, CO

#3 Jun 15, 2007
Did anybody really watch this game?

David Stern has destroyed all that is good in Basketball, he long ago sold the NBA soul for TV time and entertainment. This was not entertaining series to say the least. The Cavs were the worst team the Spurs faced in the playoffs. Not only is the East weak, they're about to get weaker with Durant and Oden both going to teams in the west. Stupid lottery draft system, Stupid playoff seeding, stupid rule interpretations, Stern is a idiot. NBA is becoming more like the NHL every single day.
Dan

Denver, CO

#4 Jun 15, 2007
Fransico is a homo
Melvin

Denver, CO

#5 Jun 15, 2007
I agree with Focker. Stern has turned the NBA into a Corporation rather than a Sport. Everything is commercialized.

Such a boring Finals series. All the hype ... ya right. Anyone remember how Allen Iverson single handidly took the 76ers to the finals only to lose? Deja Vu with Lebron. Predictable. Thank you Spurs for winning in 4 so we can move on to another dreadful season next year.
mtnokie

United States

#6 Jun 15, 2007
Watching the Spurs is ALMOST as fun as watching paint dry.
Ginobili

Monroe, LA

#7 Jun 15, 2007
Did Nuggetz even made playoffs this year? don't remember beating them

Since: May 07

United States

#8 Jun 15, 2007
mtnokie wrote:
Watching the Spurs is ALMOST as fun as watching paint dry.
They robbed us blind, with the help of the NBA officials, of course.
PISTON

Jersey City, NJ

#9 Jun 16, 2007
Whats up with the Spurs not earning the title. Did the officials get them there??? Who knows. But if that was the case, Spurs won't be winning another one for a long time because something's gotta give. Cavs were the team of the year. Look at what Lebron has done. He basically, with the help of other players, took his team to the Finals. He's only 22. If he had just one more superstar player, I'd say the Cavs would be Champions and sum better coaching would help. They did a hell of a job with no Finals experience. Who cares about the sweep. Spurs have been there before and look how many star players they have. Cavs didn't have all that many star players and they still gave them a challenge. First off Z is kind of slow. He doens't really show that much emotion on the court. Has a good jumper but thats not gonna cut it against Duncan. When the Cavs get a center and I guess a point guard, its a wrap. Cavs will have a great chance to win in a couple of years. They will see to it that its done. And tell Andy V to stop flopping. Yea, Cavs are set.
Deb S

Kent, OH

#10 Jun 16, 2007
PISTON wrote:
Whats up with the Spurs not earning the title. Did the officials get them there??? Who knows. But if that was the case, Spurs won't be winning another one for a long time because something's gotta give. Cavs were the team of the year. Look at what Lebron has done. He basically, with the help of other players, took his team to the Finals. He's only 22. If he had just one more superstar player, I'd say the Cavs would be Champions and sum better coaching would help. They did a hell of a job with no Finals experience. Who cares about the sweep. Spurs have been there before and look how many star players they have. Cavs didn't have all that many star players and they still gave them a challenge. First off Z is kind of slow. He doens't really show that much emotion on the court. Has a good jumper but thats not gonna cut it against Duncan. When the Cavs get a center and I guess a point guard, its a wrap. Cavs will have a great chance to win in a couple of years. They will see to it that its done. And tell Andy V to stop flopping. Yea, Cavs are set.
You will have to tell ALL of the NBA to stop the flop. It isn't just Varejao.
PISTON

Jersey City, NJ

#11 Jun 16, 2007
Deb S wrote:
<quoted text>
You will have to tell ALL of the NBA to stop the flop. It isn't just Varejao.
Hey Deb. So do u think that the league carried the Spurst to the Finals. If so, I am going to agree. The officials really messed up big time this year. Stern didn't seem help either. Just let the players decide the outcome of the game. But I guess life ain't always fair. Its like getting a cold hot dog.
Bert

United States

#12 Jun 16, 2007
Oh Well another season ends, Only two more months until the next season starts.
Deb S

Kent, OH

#13 Jun 17, 2007
PISTON wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Deb. So do u think that the league carried the Spurst to the Finals. If so, I am going to agree. The officials really messed up big time this year. Stern didn't seem help either. Just let the players decide the outcome of the game. But I guess life ain't always fair. Its like getting a cold hot dog.
Yes and no. "The Triangle" does have alot of tallent and will be playing again when next June comes along. They got some bad calls by the refs too. However, the Cavs bad calls decided the L or the W (being at crucial times of the games). That's what I meant by "turning a blind eye" to the Cavs. It was a blatant act by the refs and therefore the players in the NBA have to do blatant reactions to fouls to get them to SEE the fouls happening. Cleveland has to prove themselves and pay their dues until they've challenged the repeat contenders in post season enough to where they will get calls to come their way once in awhile. Kind of a sad thing, but even the announcers/comentators let that mentality slip out of their mouths, so I know it is there. Yes, we are just 1 or 2 players away from bringing a trophy home. I won't point fingers. Love all our guys and watched them all closely all season. This is the time of year when moves will be made and the draft is on my birthday. We have no picks but can buy a player. Trades to be made too. Exciting time. Rumors
are Jason Kidd (who I think is not a young pair of legs) or Bibby(not sure of spelling on that one). 2 other ones being considered but don't know much about it yet. What is Detroit going to do to improve?
PISTON

Jersey City, NJ

#14 Jun 17, 2007
Good point Deb. And Happy Birthday to. But I don't like the fact the Cavs have to prove themsleves to get calls going their way. Cavs at least have Finals experience and maybe this is all they need to get it done. Now we can add the Cavs as a powerhouse in the East. I hope the Cavs pick up somebody who will give them some help and lead them as well. Kidd isn't the same anymore. He's been in the NBA forever and Bibby is still pretty good. Maybe Bibby would be a good fit for the Cavs. But he needs to be outstanding most of the time. About Detroit, I know they traded Carlos Delfino for two 1st round picks in 2009 and 2010 I believe. I just hope all the other players come back.
PISTON

Jersey City, NJ

#15 Jun 17, 2007
Deb S wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and no. "The Triangle" does have alot of tallent and will be playing again when next June comes along. They got some bad calls by the refs too. However, the Cavs bad calls decided the L or the W (being at crucial times of the games). That's what I meant by "turning a blind eye" to the Cavs. It was a blatant act by the refs and therefore the players in the NBA have to do blatant reactions to fouls to get them to SEE the fouls happening. Cleveland has to prove themselves and pay their dues until they've challenged the repeat contenders in post season enough to where they will get calls to come their way once in awhile. Kind of a sad thing, but even the announcers/comentators let that mentality slip out of their mouths, so I know it is there. Yes, we are just 1 or 2 players away from bringing a trophy home. I won't point fingers. Love all our guys and watched them all closely all season. This is the time of year when moves will be made and the draft is on my birthday. We have no picks but can buy a player. Trades to be made too. Exciting time. Rumors
are Jason Kidd (who I think is not a young pair of legs) or Bibby(not sure of spelling on that one). 2 other ones being considered but don't know much about it yet. What is Detroit going to do to improve?
Deb, I don't like the fact that a team has to prove themselves to get calls going there way. And Cleveland definitely knows that if they want a title they need at least a center. Z is kind of slow. He has a good jumper though. And Kidd is running out of gas. He's been playing in the NBA forever. Mike Bibby is okay. U need a guy like Billups, even though he slacked off a bit. But u need sumone with great leadership as Chauncey has. As for Detroit, they traded Carlos Delfino to thr raptors for two 1st round pick in 2009 and 2010. I hope they get they're act together though. And whats this mess Horry is saying. No disrepect to the teams of the 70's and 80's he says, but he believes his Spurs can beat all those teams in the 70's and 80's. Well maybe so, but u can't compare bc nowadays guys are bigger and stronger. Back then guys were kinda skinnier. And for the Spurs to be a dynasty you have to dominate your decade. They won a title in 1999 so they didn't dominate the 90's. They won 3 in the New millenium and so let San Antonio do the Calculus. They need to win like 4 in a row this decade to give a valid arguement. This season was screwed up though as sum are claiming. I think getting the NBA back on track is more important that worrying if the Spurs are a dynasty or not.
PISTON

Jersey City, NJ

#16 Jun 17, 2007
Sorry, everytime i'd try to post a comment it wouldn't. But who agrees the Spurs are a dynasty?
Deb S

Kent, OH

#17 Jun 17, 2007
The East is weak if you look at points scored . Cavs are so much better on defence than the begining of the season. That was key. Also, Mike Brown has evolved into a better coach along with his players getting better. Maybe not the leader, but not a castaway either. He listens to feed-back where other coaches have meltdowns. BUT we still have more "dues" to pay. And anouncers like Barkley and Walton don't help. I heard the Billups rumor but I do not know him well enough to judge. I know alot of the bad hype is around the Cavs/Pistons rivalry, but do you think he can get along with our guys? Yes, if Spurs can win 1 or 2 more, we can call it dynasty. They would never be able to step up to Chicago Bulls(Jordan and Pippen days).'09 and '10 is a ways off. Do you think Flip will keep his job? Why is Rasheed such a time bomb? Always wanted to know why he walks that line. Prince and Hamilton were the only players to walk over to LB and say good luck, congrats, etc. Has good sportsman left the building???

Since: May 07

Chandler, AZ

#18 Jun 17, 2007
PISTON wrote:
Sorry, everytime i'd try to post a comment it wouldn't. But who agrees the Spurs are a dynasty?
I do not agree at all.
PISTON

Jersey City, NJ

#19 Jun 17, 2007
Whatever happened to the days where it was all about the basketball and love. Now its about money, being a dynasty, and other crap. Even if the Pistons went to win on 5 titles in a row, then fine. But I don't want them to be all high and mighty. Just give thanks to the Lord for giving them the strength to go out there and play. Cavs are going to be very strong and may win the title within two years. Lebron is still so young. How may 22 year olds can carry a team on their shoulder. If Lebron were to never have been a cavalier would they have still been in the Finals?? I'm not trying to hype up Lebron and make him look like he's the superstar that got the cavs there but he is talented. I believe he did play a huge part though. Everyone needs to calm down and let the young man grow. And sum players need to change their stupid attitudes like Rasheed. Maybe if he wasn't always so upset he'd get further. It makes me sad and frustrated to see them act like that. I guess thats what makes the world turn. Go Cavs. You guys are so great. I bet if the Pistons were to have your attitude maybe they to could be a title contender. Stay as a team, don't point fingers at each other. Lift each other up and speak words of encouragement for ife and death are in the power of the tongue. Provebs 18:21
PISTON

Jersey City, NJ

#20 Jun 17, 2007
RM in AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not agree at all.
Me to. Fabulous team, but they need to win a few more. But they didn't really dominate this decade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Parker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who won the game on 12/15/2014 between Spurs vs... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Emily 1
News NBA Finals all even, though games haven't been,... (Jun '13) Jul '14 go now 3
News Parker leaves with tight hamstring, won't return (May '14) May '14 Emily 1
News Spurs crush Knicks 120-89, win 4th straight (Nov '13) Nov '13 Knicks Dude 1
News NBA Finals: After pushing Heat to the brink, Sp... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
News For Spurs and Heat, the NBA Finals can be memor... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
News Back in the NBA Finals, James has a chance to g... (Jun '13) Jun '13 neiljiohu 1
More from around the web