Spurs, Lakers renew their postseason rivalry

Full story: Newsday 6
The Spurs-Lakers rivalry has been on hiatus since 2004 for one simple reason: The Lakers haven't been very good. Full Story
angel

Kingsville, TX

#1 May 22, 2008
i wish the spurs would've won
Ron

Griffith, IN

#2 May 29, 2008
Well I felt the Lakers would win. Now it's wait and see for their opponent. If the Pistons don't get it together, it will be Boston like many people wanted anyway! The Lakers have had a great season no matter how the season started.
Orl Native

Altamonte Springs, FL

#3 May 30, 2008
looks like Stern is going to get what he wanted. lakers/boston?
I used to be an adament defender of the NBA ref's having an effect on the outcome, but with recent revelations from Tim D. and other sources I can hardly even watch anymore, unless the magic are playing. The calls down the streach of some of the playoff series only support the "rigged" theory. Its disheartening
Steve

Deland, FL

#4 May 30, 2008
I haven't watched a game that hasn't included Orlando. Basketball is my favorite sport, but when the NBA is set up in the way it is, where Refs can win games and it is clear that Stern has his hand in trying to get LA and Boston together, than it's almost as bad as Dancing with the Stars, where you know the winner by week 3.

Stern needs to leave the game before I'll watch an non-Orlando game again. His impact on the NBA has been so bad, that I rather watch any sport over it.
Orl Native wrote:
looks like Stern is going to get what he wanted. lakers/boston?
I used to be an adament defender of the NBA ref's having an effect on the outcome, but with recent revelations from Tim D. and other sources I can hardly even watch anymore, unless the magic are playing. The calls down the streach of some of the playoff series only support the "rigged" theory. Its disheartening
dee

El Paso, TX

#6 May 30, 2008
finally the only guard that past the curse of shaq.
Tim

Wimauma, FL

#8 May 30, 2008
I hate the lakers and I can't stand the celtics. but you guy's are right.
(NBA MAFIA) It's all about the money.
stern already has his pick for the finals. lakers/celtics there's no way
that the ref's are going to let pistons win this series. I repete it's all about the money.let's be honest, out of the four teams that was left, who would bring the most money and viwers. it's not fair and something has to be done. I think david stern is a tool. he should be fired and investagated. beleave me if they do that,then they would have a nuff to lock his A$$ up for a long time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Parker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who won the game on 12/15/2014 between Spurs vs... Dec 16 Emily 1
NBA Finals all even, though games haven't been,... (Jun '13) Jul '14 go now 3
Parker leaves with tight hamstring, won't return (May '14) May '14 Emily 1
Spurs crush Knicks 120-89, win 4th straight (Nov '13) Nov '13 Knicks Dude 1
NBA Finals: After pushing Heat to the brink, Sp... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
For Spurs and Heat, the NBA Finals can be memor... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
Back in the NBA Finals, James has a chance to g... (Jun '13) Jun '13 neiljiohu 1
More from around the web