Orlando Magic guard Mike Wilks injure...

Orlando Magic guard Mike Wilks injures knee, Hedo Turkoglu hurt...

There are 8 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 17, 2008, titled Orlando Magic guard Mike Wilks injures knee, Hedo Turkoglu hurt.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Orlando Magic have run out of luck - and maybe aspirin and athletic tape. Their blessed run of good health, largely responsible for last season's success, is officially over.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

LMAO

AOL

#1 Oct 17, 2008
4 Rebounds & 3 assists!
Speaking of groin pulls.... Seems to be going around lately. I was noticing how jive, limpy Obama was walking yesterday. Surely he isn't a hiphop guy?
Anyways. I would hate to see the Whitehouse bowling alley be torn out and a basketball court put in instead.

The big battle (so called) between JJ & Bogans is a farce. Bogans will play hands down. JJ has no opportunity with the Magic as long as VanScumby & Otis rule the roost.

Trade JJ!
:)
LMAO

AOL

#2 Oct 17, 2008
Wow! My post was so good they put it on twice?
Ant from the O

Holiday, FL

#3 Oct 17, 2008
OK, the loose of Wilks could be just the thing Otis needs to push him towards making a deal w/Memphis for J.Critt!!! I know I’ve written in the past about the possible acquisition as well as many others but now more then ever I think we need him. He could be the young reincarnation of Keyon Dooling that was instrumental in the Magic’s successes. I personally think he’s got WAY more potential then Keyon anyway. He’s one of those combo guards that have become more prevalent in today’s NBA. However, unlike the combo guard we drafted in Lee. J.Critt is a point guard first and as a back-up point, what could possibly be a better fit? Mike mentions Jay Will but he’s old at this point and a bit of a stretch where Crittenton is young and has loads of upside! Crittenton is in his second year of his rookie contract so I believe we’d have him for another at least two years on the cheap (he will make $1,381,560 this year). Memphis has a gluten at both point and shooting guard w/Mike Conley and Kyle Lowry at the point respectfully in that order and O.J. Mayo, Marko Jaric, Greg Buckner and Quinton Ross at the shooting guard. Crittenton w/all of his upside and talent seems to be the odd man out in the rotation and there fore ripe for the picking! We’ve got pieces at this point that should peek Memphis’s interest. Bogans has an expiring contract which will allow them more cap space for the upcoming season. Under coach Marc Iavaroni’s up tempo game plan (remember that he’s D’Antoni’s old assistant coach), J.J. would thrive and they wouldn’t be locked into him for long since after the Magic picked up his option he’s got this year and next under contract. By the way, Bogans makes $2,565,000 this year and J.J. makes $2,139,720 so compare that to Crittenton’s previously stated contract and I’m sure that the cost conscious Magic ownership would like that, wouldn’t you? I don’t pretend to even act like I know more then Otis but this one looks like a no brainer for face value. I know he’s probably thinking about Hedo’s contract next year but in my estimation, making this kind of move frees up money for him anyway! I haven’t brought up the fact that J.Critt happens to be Howard’s peoples/point guard from High School and I’m sure Otis and Stan want to keep Super Man happy. For anyone who wants to read a quick article that proves Crittenton is the odd man out check this out: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/oct...
Just my thoughts, take from it what you will but I hope someone in the Magic organization listens to what the fans would like to see from time to time. We’re all pissed off about the TV debacle as it is!
And I’d be remiss if I didn’t just throw this in really quick… LMAO, you really are a jerk. Your spineless back handed racist comments show your ignorance and they are truly un-needed as well. The scary thing for people like you is that you are of a dying breed dude. Keep listening to your Rushs and Hannitys as the world passes you by my friend. Eventually the upcoming generations will surpass you people and hopefully we will begin to have a better world to live in! Thank you all for your time, I’m OUT!
Ant
Sireofmany

United States

#4 Oct 17, 2008
I would rather read LMAO's mindless drivel that another War and Peace length post like Ant's. Did he really just use 1,000,000 words to say he likes Crittenton? Come on, you could have said all that in two or three sentences.
LMAO

AOL

#5 Oct 17, 2008
I liked the reasoning of Anty. He spelled out what his feelings are and he has a point.
What he doesn't remember is that Otis is Stupid...but not only that the Grizzlies already have turned that deal down 2 times. So much for a trade that makes sense, it takes 2 baby.

As far as your feelings about me...you are an America Hater I take it.
Your so called generation are cowards the same as you.
You want open sex, drugs, no God, no honesty, leaving fatherless children anywhere you feel like sleepingm and nothing but letting your government, which you hate, take care of your lazya-s-s.
You wont fight for your own country but will try to kill Amerians you disagree with...just like your buddies, Ayers , Obama and Wright, and not to forget the first black President Bill whatshisname.
It has been noted that America as it has been will be No More sometime in the 2020's.
That reminds me of that movie where Manhatten is the countries prison and Snake has to go in to get the President out, LOL.
By that time the President will be another Obama and be in the prison just as it is now, overcrowed with losers.
Anyway, by then the NBA's players will all be broke and hungry.... except of course the ones that have been educated and do have some future.

I like you Anty...you speak your mind... but the America and the changes you desire are not gonna help you one bit. You heard it here.

McCain/Palin '08
KGB

Eustis, FL

#6 Oct 17, 2008
Come on folks, let's stick to basketball.
Longtimefan

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Oct 18, 2008
Trade for Crittenton and use Lee as the 3rd option. Get rid of Johnson and Bogans. Play Reddick at SG behind Pietrus and Lee.

SOLVED!!
LatinJag

Port Charlotte, FL

#8 Oct 18, 2008
Heal well Wilks. Now, bring Darrell Armstrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Battie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Source: Vince Carter to Orlando Magic deal near... (Jun '09) Jul '09 hello 621
News Otis: Magic will not participate in Hedo sign-a... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Toastman 1
News Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis ... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Hedo Fan 246
News Magic, Cavs better or just different? (Jun '09) Jul '09 pugtv 9
News Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith will let free agent... (Jun '09) Jul '09 magic fan in LA 95
News Details of the five players involved in the Mag... (Jun '09) Jun '09 XeroX 17
News Magic hope championship will fall in place with... (Jun '09) Jun '09 disappointed 50
More from around the web