Orlando Magic veteran Tony Battie out...

Orlando Magic veteran Tony Battie out for playoffs -- Sports, R...

There are 13 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 8, 2008, titled Orlando Magic veteran Tony Battie out for playoffs -- Sports, R.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Magic veteran Tony Battie will not be coming back for the playoffs. After contemplating for weeks a possible late-season return to provide some much-needed help in the front court, Battie left the RDV ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

ADD

Altamonte Springs, FL

#1 Apr 8, 2008
What is it with our player's getting hurt like this? Battie gets hurt in lite workouts. Nelson gets a concussion from a Howard elbow, twice. Howard gets cut in the mouth in practice. I've never seen anything like this before. It's one thing to have your team taken apart because of major injuries. But to have the little stuff hanging over your head while you're getting ready for the playoffs, it's gotta SUCK!!
Stand Tall

Daytona Beach, FL

#2 Apr 8, 2008
ADD wrote:
What is it with our player's getting hurt like this? Battie gets hurt in lite workouts. Nelson gets a concussion from a Howard elbow, twice. Howard gets cut in the mouth in practice. I've never seen anything like this before. It's one thing to have your team taken apart because of major injuries. But to have the little stuff hanging over your head while you're getting ready for the playoffs, it's gotta SUCK!!
I hear you about the little things. But, a torn rotator cuff is not a little thing.
JJOC

Winter Garden, FL

#3 Apr 8, 2008
How could Battie have played in a regular season game, if he isn't even eligible since the magic got an injury exception?
MAGIC MAN

San Antonio, TX

#4 Apr 8, 2008
We need help at power forward and back-up center. Garrity is not the answer nor is Afoyle. Perhaps we should try Augustine or Gortha, just maybe they might be able to ge a rebound or two and play a little defense. We have enough scorers.

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#5 Apr 8, 2008
I have a question Battie put off surgery so that he could make the trip to China then he had surgery. Here's the question which is more important being their for the team or a trip to China??
If Battie had the surgery when recommended he would have been back with the Magic a month ago. Just think about that everyone.

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#6 Apr 9, 2008
Philip13 wrote:
I have a question Battie put off surgery so that he could make the trip to China then he had surgery. Here's the question which is more important being their for the team or a trip to China??
If Battie had the surgery when recommended he would have been back with the Magic a month ago. Just think about that everyone.
Interesting observation...
Philip...its a trip to china man...c'mon now...would you pass up a trip to china? lol
I dont think anybody gave a crap or were talking about playoffs at that time. Besides, I doubt they knew that he could actually return. He was OUT for a season but his recovery was just a little faster...I beleive.

Trip to CHINA man..c'mon now!!!

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#7 Apr 9, 2008
MAGIC MAN wrote:
We need help at power forward and back-up center. Garrity is not the answer nor is Afoyle. Perhaps we should try Augustine or Gortha, just maybe they might be able to ge a rebound or two and play a little defense. We have enough scorers.
Yes, the need Indeed. IMHO opinion...we made teh playoffs...we might make it to the seconder round...Toronto/Arenas can give us trouble adn kick us out in first too...that is also a possibility. Obviously this team is not a contender. YES, Cleveland somehow did it last year but c'mon...lets get realistic. So personally what the MAGIC has done so far is Great adn SVG has dont a good job.
So personally, I'm already bored with this season...and I can somehow predict the playoffs too....soooo
At this point and time....
CAN the OFFSeason Start please...???
That is what i'm really interested about!! To see how much better we can get adn get the next season on the move.
Hey, thats just me.
fernando vargas

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#8 Apr 9, 2008
With all my respect, I think that Mr. Battie is not the answer to our lack of power on painted area, I remember last year when he played in most games over 30 minutes scoring four points, three rebounds, one foul and the guy that he guarded with double figures, and also making double or triple team to Mr. Howward.
Luke

Spain

#9 Apr 9, 2008
Maybe he isn't the answer, but he'll help.
We need big bodies now, and he's a PF with a lot of experience, Gortat and Augustine are not...
fernando vargas wrote:
With all my respect, I think that Mr. Battie is not the answer to our lack of power on painted area, I remember last year when he played in most games over 30 minutes scoring four points, three rebounds, one foul and the guy that he guarded with double figures, and also making double or triple team to Mr. Howward.
big vern

Umatilla, FL

#10 Apr 9, 2008
the magic have had a need for another big since the beginning of the season mr. otis in his infinite wisdom decided not to go after any of those available, and mr. van gundy does not play the other bigs on the team all year. so you got what you got.

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#11 Apr 9, 2008
big vern wrote:
the magic have had a need for another big since the beginning of the season mr. otis in his infinite wisdom decided not to go after any of those available, and mr. van gundy does not play the other bigs on the team all year. so you got what you got.
EXACTLY....No wonder we have a such a sorry record and ended up winning southeast..just terrible....
Big Vern...c'mon man! Seriously.
But you are right about one thing, "We got what we got."
MAGICFAN2000

Lake Mary, FL

#12 Apr 9, 2008
Smith had said he wanted him see Battie in a practice. Did anyone else catch that? Pull it together Orlando writers or editors. This article is being shown on ESPN. What a frickin joke. Can we please let my four year old step in?
big vern

Umatilla, FL

#13 Apr 10, 2008
O-MAGIC wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY....No wonder we have a such a sorry record and ended up winning southeast..just terrible....
Big Vern...c'mon man! Seriously.
But you are right about one thing, "We got what we got."
who ever mentioned the record, i am not questioning that what i am looking towards to is the post season a banner is a banner, bring back the trophy and then will talk. untill then it does not mean anything

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Battie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Source: Vince Carter to Orlando Magic deal near... (Jun '09) Jul '09 hello 621
News Otis: Magic will not participate in Hedo sign-a... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Toastman 1
News Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis ... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Hedo Fan 246
News Magic, Cavs better or just different? (Jun '09) Jul '09 pugtv 9
News Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith will let free agent... (Jun '09) Jul '09 magic fan in LA 95
News Details of the five players involved in the Mag... (Jun '09) Jun '09 XeroX 17
News Magic hope championship will fall in place with... (Jun '09) Jun '09 disappointed 50
More from around the web