Magic slip past Grizzlies

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

If you wanted style points --- a lot of points, for that matter --- Amway Arena was not the place to be.
Comments
41 - 52 of 52 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2009
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Gary

Summerfield, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

ddddd wrote:
<quoted text>
JJ saves their butt once again???? umm show me the date and opponent in which JJ actually "saves their butt".... Wait... you can't! Thats because JJ rode the bench so long that it never happened.
The whole team played like crap in this win and JJ had a decent game... end of story... Now if JJ can pull together some more decent games on a more consistent basis mixed in with some good and great games, We'll talk...
Until then... JJ is an inconsistent bench player that needs to be used right and develop that consistency. nothing horrible and nothing special either... just basically there...
Can't remember the team, but he did hit a three in a game a month or two ago that pretty much wrapped up the game.
Magic Fan Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Judged:

marko wrote:
magic gotta tighten things up fast!!! way to close to the playoffs to play like they did last two games!!! get it right....attitude and all!!
Agreed.

I'm happy that we are winning though. I would just feel better if we were beating up some of the lesser teams a little easier.
Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

KGB wrote:
I was very very dissapointed with JJ's play in ther early part of the game...I wanted him off the court! But he did come through at the end. I was actually saying in the final seconds that we gotta get the ball to JJ for the FTs! I hope he gets more consistant. Lee seems to have dropped off a bit in the last few games, but he is a rookie and has never played this many games...and having to guard some of the toughest players.
I think Lee has finally hit the rookie wall. Don't be surprise to see Pietrus starting come playoff time. Also Rashard needs some rest he should sit the last few games, IMO.
Magic Fan Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Judged:

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Lee has finally hit the rookie wall. Don't be surprise to see Pietrus starting come playoff time. Also Rashard needs some rest he should sit the last few games, IMO.
Yeah Lee has been called on to guard the toughest guys night in and night out. I'm sure it has taken a toll on the rookie.

The thing about sitting Rashard is that we are still in the fight. We are trying to win at least 60 and we are also still fighting for the last playoff spot. I don't want to see us drop games at this stage that we can still win.

I wouldn't mind seeing coach cut all the starters minutes and start using the bench a little more. He probably would if the starters grabbed leads more often. Right now though we just seem able to claw out wins in the last quarter.
Magic Fan Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Edit: "we are also still fighting for the last playoff spot."
Should read #2 playoff spot in the East.

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Judged:

I don't know what game you guys were watching but I thought Lue played ok. Plus he had 4 asts. Why are you guys complaining about Lue?

He played awful the first half but did excellent on the second half.
He has not played for 3 month with the exception of the Memphis game.
nanningbob

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Judged:

I have never understood this JJ love feast. He is a limited role player. Every SG we have brought has beaten him out for minutes on the court, whether it be a rookie like C. Lee or Evans or Bogans or whoever is on the team. He has yet to beat anybody out for the spot. If we have 4 SG he is #4 if we have 3 he is #3 and so on. The only reason he is getting minutes now is because Pietrus is hurt. As soon as MP is healthy he goes back to being the #3 SG. Other NBA teams are not dangling 1st round draft picks to get him. Maybe we get a second round pick for him. In trade talk he is a salary throw in. He is what he is, a role player on a very good team. So he made a couple of FT at the end of the game. Every player on the team is expected to do that and all the other players have done that at one time or the other. Gee JJ does it once, FINALLY, and its like a New Years Eve party. LMAO needs to get a life and start rooting for an actual NBA player. Even if JJ gets traded to another team his role will not change. Have JJ guarding Kobe and he will try to break Wilt's scoring record. JJ has been a big disappointment but he is set for life financially. Not a bad deal. We need a person who can come off the bench and put up 8-12 points a night and he simply has not been able to do it. And that my friends is the bottom line on his career. When he can score against other first string guards he may have something but he is too easily guardable. So he is only useful against teams that have bad backups.
Magic Fan Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Question for Magic fans...

We may get Chicago in the first round or Miami. Either way we should advance to the 2nd round.

Chances are we will face Boston in the next round. What do you guys think our chances are with Boston if they have the home court advantage?
LMAO

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

nanningbob wrote:
I have never understood this JJ love feast. We need a person who can come off the bench and put up 8-12 points a night and he simply has not been able to do it.
People love JJ because he is a hard working, never give it up, white kid playing in a league that would just as soon see him coaching a high school team somewhere.
He is intelligent, a GOOD christian and a small town kid making the grade.
More people that watch the NBA will have a love fest for JJ more than Dwight or anyone else on the Magic team. It's a population thing Nanning.

You must have missed a many a game lately too... JJ comes in and if given 10 minutes scores an average of 10 points. 9 in this game to save the win. If he doesnt get the minutes he cant score the points.
Please try to remember WHO buys the tickets for this team. Then you will understand the "love fest."
:)
LMAO

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Magic Fan Mark wrote:
We may get Chicago in the first round or Miami. Either way we should advance to the 2nd round.
Chances are we will face Boston in the next round. What do you guys think our chances are with Boston if they have the home court advantage?
IF! They get to the 2nd round and it's Boston the Magic will be lucky to get to 6 games. At full strength the Celts will win handily. It's written in the stars...and in Sterns office!
:)

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Magic Fan Mark wrote:
I like our chances against Boston we just have to run their old legs off the court.

Total focus in getting the ball of the hands of their point guard and you pretty much destroy their offensive set.
ddddd

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for finally agreeing with me. I knew you also would see the light so long as the corn wasn't high!
;)
Its official! LMAO has lost it due to his love affair with JJ!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tony Battie Discussions

Search the Tony Battie Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Source: Vince Carter to Orlando Magic deal near... (Jun '09) Jul '09 hello 621
Otis: Magic will not participate in Hedo sign-a... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Toastman 1
Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis ... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Hedo Fan 246
Magic, Cavs better or just different? (Jun '09) Jul '09 pugtv 9
Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith will let free agent... (Jun '09) Jul '09 magic fan in LA 95
Details of the five players involved in the Mag... (Jun '09) Jun '09 XeroX 17
Magic hope championship will fall in place with... (Jun '09) Jun '09 disappointed 50
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••