Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard's ...

Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard's improved free throw touch ...

There are 9 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 19, 2009, titled Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard's improved free throw touch .... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Magic C Dwight Howard is again at odds with his free-throw shooting. "I don't know what it is now.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

The O Magic

Frisco, TX

#1 Mar 20, 2009
I think they win 61 games
Aron

Sanford, FL

#2 Mar 20, 2009
Dwight's a freaking huge guy, I mean what do you expect? Amare and Chris Bosh are flukes in their ability to shoot free throws well!!
Sixx

United States

#3 Mar 20, 2009
Aron wrote:
Dwight's a freaking huge guy, I mean what do you expect? Amare and Chris Bosh are flukes in their ability to shoot free throws well!!
I don't subscribe to the 'big men can't shoot free throws' theory any more. There are plenty that hit 70% plus. True, Dwight gets more of them, but that should only make him better. It's in his head.
Sixx

United States

#4 Mar 20, 2009
I wanted to see a little more detail on this and ran the '08-'09 free throw leaders by percentage on the NBA's website (under stats) and DH is 4th from the bottom. Number 136 of 139. Who is worse? Okafor, Biedrins, and Josh Smith. Who is better? Everyone else, lol.
obama is debil

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Mar 20, 2009
Free throws are mental.

Practice will set you free
Aron

Sanford, FL

#6 Mar 20, 2009
Sixx wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't subscribe to the 'big men can't shoot free throws' theory any more. There are plenty that hit 70% plus. True, Dwight gets more of them, but that should only make him better. It's in his head.
Yeah was messing around; however, I'm not to concerned with it. I expect big men not to shot the free throw well. Now on the other hand, our 1-3 slots should always be able to make their free throws. Rafer has been ticking me off in that department. He is under 70% since he came to our team. He needs to do better for sure.
lorenzo

Orlando, FL

#7 Mar 20, 2009
obama is debil wrote:
Free throws are mental.
Practice will set you free
lol you think dwight dont practice free throws?

Every year though dwight has a dramatic jump in his game. My prediction is dwight gets to about 72-73% next year...and in the near future 78-80%...of course...mainly winning him MVP...

Can you imagine...dwight...next year...how good hes gonna be...

Can you imagine...the...year...after.. .that...

GOOD TIMES AHEAD FOR MAGIC FANS...maybe not a championship THIS year...but it sureeeeee is comin...

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#8 Mar 20, 2009
Its all concentration.
You can tell 90% of the time when he is going to make it or not.
When he walks to the line and dribbles a couple of times then takes a deep breath looks at the basket and shoots he makes them.
Next game take a look.
Steve Ferguson

Ocala, FL

#9 Mar 21, 2009
Dwight shouldn't concern himself too much about his free throws. He should just concentrate on grabbing offensive ,and defensive rebounds plus blocking shots for the magic. Memo to Tony Battie,the goal isn't to win over fifty games in the season;it's to win the N.B.A. Championship.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Battie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Source: Vince Carter to Orlando Magic deal near... (Jun '09) Jul '09 hello 621
News Otis: Magic will not participate in Hedo sign-a... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Toastman 1
News Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis ... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Hedo Fan 246
News Magic, Cavs better or just different? (Jun '09) Jul '09 pugtv 9
News Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith will let free agent... (Jun '09) Jul '09 magic fan in LA 95
News Details of the five players involved in the Mag... (Jun '09) Jun '09 XeroX 17
News Magic hope championship will fall in place with... (Jun '09) Jun '09 disappointed 50
More from around the web