Record night a real trip for the Orla...

Record night a real trip for the Orlando Magic

There are 38 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 14, 2009, titled Record night a real trip for the Orlando Magic. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

In the dressing room afterward, Dwight Howard broke into a big smile as he and teammates watched ESPN highlight the history they had just made.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#21 Jan 15, 2009
Jim wrote:
I mean look for Bynum to step up his game tomorrow night. Tonight he will be at his home watching Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy or something.
Hmmmm...Actually I have another twist here...
I beleive ARIZA might be a Magic killer.
Hopefully he doesn't go crazy on us take our offense off the game. I can see him giving HEDO/LEWIS trouble.
Bob Loblaw

Orlando, FL

#22 Jan 15, 2009
Jim wrote:
Also look for Bynum to step his game up tonight after getting embarassed in Orlando last month.
One more thing to consider here also is the fact that the game will be televised nationally on ESPN.
That will be even more fuel for Kobe. And folks let's face it. What Kobe wants, Kobe gets. He will score 40+ points, and the Lakers WILL win this game, rather easily in fact.
Dwight will have trouble passing out of the double team. There will also be trouble when the Magic try to feed Dwight in the post. Turnovers will be a problem. The Lakers will also get a lot of second chance points by dominating the offensive glass.
All of this will lead to extra possessions for Los Angeles. It will also mean fewer possessions for the Magic. Therefore the Magic will not reach 100 points. Final score: 106-94 in favor of the Lakers.
Please feel free to cut and paste accordingly for future reference.
Ya, I will be sure to cut and paste and print it out so I can wipe my **** with it after the Magic win. It should be a heck of a game though, with the Magic able to get some rest in Cali while the Lakers are coming off a tough loss to the Spurs. The Lakers cant stop Jameer or Dwight, while the Magic cant stop Kobe. I think its too close to call, but if the magic are hitting their 3s like they have been, it will be a tough night for Jack Nicholson.
ADD

Carrollton, TX

#23 Jan 15, 2009
I saw that game. That was the most amazing example of 3-point shooting I have ever seen. Go Magic!
Tiffany

United States

#24 Jan 15, 2009
dwights doing what he do,and doing it well
Chris

Orange Park, FL

#25 Jan 15, 2009
That's another thing that PEOPLE JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND about the Magic. When they say "They live and die by the three" that just isn't the case when you have the most dominate big men in the paint in the NBA today....
bianchis bald head

Miami, FL

#26 Jan 15, 2009
I know we still have Cook but....well...why did we trade Ariza? Evans...he was okay but he's gone? Cook...ummm....bench warmer. Trevor is growing into a pretty good baller. Otis man, why?
Solar Bear

Oviedo, FL

#27 Jan 15, 2009
The tape from SVGs dream machine has showed up:
&eu rl=http://blog.cleveland.com/b ransonwright/2009/01/_the_cava liers_and_the.html&feature =player_embedded
Aron

Scottsmoor, FL

#28 Jan 15, 2009
It's going to be a great game tomorrow no matter what, but I think the ref's are going to end up having a huge affect on the final out come; just like last night on ESPN. I just hope that they don't screw us and Dwight by getting Dwight in foul trouble by stupid non-sense calls.

I'm telling you what... The NBA needs to do a better job at picking their refs and managing them. There have been so many games that I've watched (not just Magic) where the refs don't know what to call, whether is a ball out of bounds or a foul on a player.

It's getting really bad.
Chris

Fate, TX

#29 Jan 15, 2009
bianchis bald head wrote:
I know we still have Cook but....well...why did we trade Ariza? Evans...he was okay but he's gone? Cook...ummm....bench warmer. Trevor is growing into a pretty good baller. Otis man, why?
Let me get this straight....we're 31-8 and have been playing possibly the best ball in the entire league and all you can do is complain about Ariza???

If the magic keep this up Otis should be a top candidate for GM of the year and you are gonna whine about Ariza. Truly pathetic!
Chris

Fate, TX

#30 Jan 15, 2009
Aron wrote:
It's going to be a great game tomorrow no matter what, but I think the ref's are going to end up having a huge affect on the final out come; just like last night on ESPN. I just hope that they don't **** us and Dwight by getting Dwight in foul trouble by stupid non-sense calls.
I'm telling you what... The NBA needs to do a better job at picking their refs and managing them. There have been so many games that I've watched (not just Magic) where the refs don't know what to call, whether is a ball out of bounds or a foul on a player.
It's getting really bad.
Aron,
I was thinking the exact same thing the Lakers playing on national TV on their own private but-kissing network? Right after the SA loss?

Sadly, I look for Kobe to shoot about 25-30 free throws and Dwight to be in foul trouble about 1:30 into the first quarter.

Mark my words, if the Magic lose we'll all be on here tomorrow night saying the refs hosed us!

If the Lakers win the game will take up about 30 minutes of Sportscenter. If the Magic win it will be like, "The Magic slide past the Lakers. Now onto the Celtics and/or Cavs."

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#31 Jan 15, 2009
Lets look at this from another view point.

This game is a nationally televise game on ESPN.
We have 2 players that want to make the all star game Jammer and Lewis who Will play the game of their life to show that they belong in that game.

In addition we are in a hot streak and the Lakers are coming off a loss to the Spurs. This means that momentum is in our side.

Look for another game like we had against the Spurs well played by both with playoff intensity.

If the 3 pointers fall I see a Magic win.

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#32 Jan 15, 2009
Cavs loose to Bulls Magic tied for first place on the East
Bigtime Fan

Gainesville, FL

#33 Jan 16, 2009
ok heres the hope true magic fan want, not your silly predictions JIM, MAGIC WILL WIN, U HERD IT HERE FOLKS!!! 103-96
Bigtime Fan

Gainesville, FL

#34 Jan 16, 2009
AFTER TONIGHT magic will have the best rec.
Tiffany

United States

#35 Jan 16, 2009
or the celtics,the magic are the second best team in the east

#36 Jan 16, 2009
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Aron,
I was thinking the exact same thing the Lakers playing on national TV on their own private but-kissing network? Right after the SA loss?
Sadly, I look for Kobe to shoot about 25-30 free throws and Dwight to be in foul trouble about 1:30 into the first quarter.
Mark my words, if the Magic lose we'll all be on here tomorrow night saying the refs hosed us!
If the Lakers win the game will take up about 30 minutes of Sportscenter. If the Magic win it will be like, "The Magic slide past the Lakers. Now onto the Celtics and/or Cavs."
You forgot couple more....
if the MAGIC lose...we'll be back here complaining..
..why we traded ARIZA and....
..lets trade HEDO....and...
ummm...why Arroyo no play...
and JJ sucks...
...and HOWARD cant shoot free throws....
...and OTIS sucks...and ummm...
yeah thats all I have...

#37 Jan 16, 2009
Roberthenry wrote:
Lets look at this from another view point.
This game is a nationally televise game on ESPN.
We have 2 players that want to make the all star game Jammer and Lewis who Will play the game of their life to show that they belong in that game.
In addition we are in a hot streak and the Lakers are coming off a loss to the Spurs. This means that momentum is in our side.
Look for another game like we had against the Spurs well played by both with playoff intensity.
If the 3 pointers fall I see a Magic win.
Ummm I like this viewpoint better...:-)
lol
Solar Bear

Oviedo, FL

#38 Jan 16, 2009
I wish some of the fans here stepped it up from last year just like the Magic have. The Magic will step on the court tonight confident and expecting to win. They have the third best defense and the fifth best offense. Let the other team fear us. Who cares if it's the Lakers? Whoop-de-damn-do!

Go Magic!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Battie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Source: Vince Carter to Orlando Magic deal near... (Jun '09) Jul '09 hello 621
News Otis: Magic will not participate in Hedo sign-a... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Toastman 1
News Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis ... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Hedo Fan 246
News Magic, Cavs better or just different? (Jun '09) Jul '09 pugtv 9
News Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith will let free agent... (Jun '09) Jul '09 magic fan in LA 95
News Details of the five players involved in the Mag... (Jun '09) Jun '09 XeroX 17
News Magic hope championship will fall in place with... (Jun '09) Jun '09 disappointed 50
More from around the web