Record night a real trip for the Orla...

Record night a real trip for the Orlando Magic

There are 38 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 14, 2009, titled Record night a real trip for the Orlando Magic. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

In the dressing room afterward, Dwight Howard broke into a big smile as he and teammates watched ESPN highlight the history they had just made.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
spurswon

Glenwood, FL

#1 Jan 14, 2009
I hope the beatche as s lakers don't take it out on the magic. the spaniard is soft and korape hate bynum. what about korape smacking the towel from the towel boy's hand? pathetic. zen this la.
Jim

United States

#2 Jan 14, 2009
I hate to do it folks. I hate to do it. But after watching the Lakers lose tonight to San Antonio, I believe that Kobe will come out against the Magic on a mission. He will absolutely refuse to lose.

That being said Kobe will probably score 40 - 45 points, Gasol will score around 20, Fisher will be in the upper teens, and their bench will do good as well.

So as much as I hate to do it I am calling for a Magic loss to the Lakers on Friday night in Los Angeles. The final score will be 106-94 in favor of the Lakers. You heard it here first folks. Kobe will not be denied. Like a spoiled child he will get what he wants.
Tiffany

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#3 Jan 14, 2009
dwight made it all possible,hes the double-double machine,thats how he gets down
Jim

United States

#4 Jan 14, 2009
Look for turnovers and missed free throws to contribute to the Magic loss against the Lakers Friday night.

Also a 30 point+ first quarter and 60 point+ half for the Lakers will probably take place.

Initially the Magic will be able to keep pace but eventually the turnovers and missed free throws will be their undoing.

You heard it here first folks. Kobe will get what he wants. He will absolutely refuse to lose. He will not let it happen.
HonoluluMagic

Kailua Kona, HI

#5 Jan 14, 2009
Some key player from the Lakers will be in foul trouble. Believe it!
Kobe wont be able to do everything.
I pick the Magic over the Lakers.
by 8.
Jim

United States

#6 Jan 15, 2009
The Magic simply WILL NOT beat the Lakers twice in the same season. Kobe will be amped up for revenge. Plus he will still be in a foul mood after the tough loss in San Antonio.

He will take over the game and will his team to the victory. The Magic will not be able to match his intensity level.

And as usual Kobe will get what Kobe wants when all is said and done.
rob

United States

#7 Jan 15, 2009
magic wins 97-92
big vern

The Villages, FL

#8 Jan 15, 2009
while is nice when the three's are going down, it can also suck when they don't go down..I just hope the magic have other ways to score the bucket when the three's aren't falling. that said I hate the laker's as well, how many titles do they have now, and people still want them to win more..enough is enough same with boston....I think is the media hype.

Since: Mar 07

Orlando, FL

#9 Jan 15, 2009
Jim wrote:
That being said Kobe will probably score 40 - 45 points,
Kobe scored 40 in the game here and the Lakers took the L. Just like tomorrow night. Let Kobe score all he wants. He can not beat us alone.

Magic by 7.
Andy

Kissimmee, FL

#10 Jan 15, 2009
The win is less important than playing hard and keeping it at least close. Keep the intensity and show that you are deserving of that top 4 power ranking position. Nuggets and Boston are coming up! Beat Boston!

“Life's a Beach”

Since: Dec 07

Cocoa Beach

#11 Jan 15, 2009
Lakers are going to play stingy defense and really guard the three. This will be a tough game for the Magic for sure.

Jim said we will lose (even though he hates to say it). He also predicted we would lose both games to Atlanta, so if history is any teacher, that's a good omen for us that he picks us to lose!

So we got that going for us; which is nice!
Floridadude

Sanford, FL

#12 Jan 15, 2009
I have to also agree that Knobe will be on a one man mission. I think the Magic are not stupid enough to know that. They got beat by a good team and they got beat by the Magic at home. The Magic need to come back down to earth and focus on the Lakers. IF and that is a big word. IF they can contain Bryant, they have a chance to win in LA. I too predict that the Magic will probably get a rude but much needed wake up call and loose this one. Very hard to beat the Lakers on their home court. I want the Magic to win but this not the Kings they are playing this time. Howard needs to stay out of foul trouble and the Laker's defense will be stepped up.

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#13 Jan 15, 2009
Jim wrote:
Look for turnovers and missed free throws to contribute to the Magic loss against the Lakers Friday night.
Also a 30 point+ first quarter and 60 point+ half for the Lakers will probably take place.
Initially the Magic will be able to keep pace but eventually the turnovers and missed free throws will be their undoing.
You heard it here first folks. Kobe will get what he wants. He will absolutely refuse to lose. He will not let it happen.
That is a huge possibility.
Besides, we are due a bad game.
If nobody takes a day off, play an avarage game, let Kobe score 80 and Stop the rest, We WIN this one.

#14 Jan 15, 2009
big vern wrote:
while is nice when the three's are going down, it can also suck when they don't go down..I just hope the magic have other ways to score the bucket when the three's aren't falling. that said I hate the laker's as well, how many titles do they have now, and people still want them to win more..enough is enough same with boston....I think is the media hype.
Big Vern, thats a misconception, we have had many nights that our 3's have not fallen consistently and we find other ways to score.
We can easily penetrate and slash while using Dwight more.
We have done that successfuly in the past. Just because we are 3pt happy team doesnt mean we dont do other things.
HEDO/RASHARD/HOWARD can do damage inside all day just like the Lakers. This should be a good game.
But then again, we are definitely due to take an off night soon. Hopefully its not tonight.
But then again, I might as well get whooped by the lakers then got schooled by Celtics or CAVS.

#15 Jan 15, 2009
Cocoa Beach Fan wrote:
Lakers are going to play stingy defense and really guard the three. This will be a tough game for the Magic for sure.
Jim said we will lose (even though he hates to say it). He also predicted we would lose both games to Atlanta, so if history is any teacher, that's a good omen for us that he picks us to lose!
So we got that going for us; which is nice!
Most definitely. It has worked all the time.
Hey, who knew we were gonna beat the SPURS either.
We'll see.

#16 Jan 15, 2009
Floridadude wrote:
I have to also agree that Knobe will be on a one man mission. I think the Magic are not stupid enough to know that. They got beat by a good team and they got beat by the Magic at home. The Magic need to come back down to earth and focus on the Lakers. IF and that is a big word. IF they can contain Bryant, they have a chance to win in LA. I too predict that the Magic will probably get a rude but much needed wake up call and loose this one. Very hard to beat the Lakers on their home court. I want the Magic to win but this not the Kings they are playing this time. Howard needs to stay out of foul trouble and the Laker's defense will be stepped up.
The problem is, against the MAGIC, one man mission never works. SVG will come out with that specific game plan. Let KOBE go wild but play solid defense on the rest.
But your point on HOWARD is on the money. If Kobe goes wild and Howard is in foul trouble....then that will be a HUGE problem.
Jim

Eddyville, KY

#17 Jan 15, 2009
Also look for Bynum to step his game up tonight after getting embarassed in Orlando last month.

One more thing to consider here also is the fact that the game will be televised nationally on ESPN.

That will be even more fuel for Kobe. And folks let's face it. What Kobe wants, Kobe gets. He will score 40+ points, and the Lakers WILL win this game, rather easily in fact.

Dwight will have trouble passing out of the double team. There will also be trouble when the Magic try to feed Dwight in the post. Turnovers will be a problem. The Lakers will also get a lot of second chance points by dominating the offensive glass.

All of this will lead to extra possessions for Los Angeles. It will also mean fewer possessions for the Magic. Therefore the Magic will not reach 100 points. Final score: 106-94 in favor of the Lakers.

Please feel free to cut and paste accordingly for future reference.
Jim

Eddyville, KY

#18 Jan 15, 2009
I mean look for Bynum to step up his game tomorrow night. Tonight he will be at his home watching Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy or something.
Tiffany

United States

#19 Jan 15, 2009
dwight might have a chance to win his first ring this year,thats whats up

#20 Jan 15, 2009
Jim wrote:
Also look for Bynum to step his game up tonight after getting embarassed in Orlando last month.
One more thing to consider here also is the fact that the game will be televised nationally on ESPN.
That will be even more fuel for Kobe. And folks let's face it. What Kobe wants, Kobe gets. He will score 40+ points, and the Lakers WILL win this game, rather easily in fact.
Dwight will have trouble passing out of the double team. There will also be trouble when the Magic try to feed Dwight in the post. Turnovers will be a problem. The Lakers will also get a lot of second chance points by dominating the offensive glass.
All of this will lead to extra possessions for Los Angeles. It will also mean fewer possessions for the Magic. Therefore the Magic will not reach 100 points. Final score: 106-94 in favor of the Lakers.
Please feel free to cut and paste accordingly for future reference.
Wow...you are right, it is on ESPN.
Hmmmm.....I don't know Jim.
We have been playing pretty well on National TV this year....
We'll see....

PS,
For Bynum to be succussful tonight, he can only hope for a Foul prone night for HOWARD.
Other than that, he is toast. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Battie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Source: Vince Carter to Orlando Magic deal near... (Jun '09) Jul '09 hello 621
News Otis: Magic will not participate in Hedo sign-a... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Toastman 1
News Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis ... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Hedo Fan 246
News Magic, Cavs better or just different? (Jun '09) Jul '09 pugtv 9
News Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith will let free agent... (Jun '09) Jul '09 magic fan in LA 95
News Details of the five players involved in the Mag... (Jun '09) Jun '09 XeroX 17
News Magic hope championship will fall in place with... (Jun '09) Jun '09 disappointed 50
More from around the web