TV pundits tick off Orlando Magic point guard Rafer Alston

There are 25 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 15, 2009, titled TV pundits tick off Orlando Magic point guard Rafer Alston. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Watching the pundits on TNT and ESPN disregard the Magic's title chances has helped Orlando PG Rafer Alston get into a playoff mind-set. Much like the beginning of the season, the Magic are again an afterthought when the talking heads handicap the title contenders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
derek

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Apr 15, 2009
Jameer Nelson is my favorite player, but I love Alston's style and passion alot. I think Alston can do it too, he sounds like he's ready to show 90% of the media as total idiots when they fall on their faces with Celtics-Cavs ECF prediction not happening.

Since: Apr 09

Houston, TX

#2 Apr 15, 2009
Trust me on this one . . . . . . you guys will not be fans of Rafer Alston after the playoffs. There's a reason we got rid of him.

Since: Apr 09

Houston, TX

#3 Apr 15, 2009
derek wrote:
Jameer Nelson is my favorite player, but I love Alston's style and passion alot. I think Alston can do it too, he sounds like he's ready to show 90% of the media as total idiots when they fall on their faces with Celtics-Cavs ECF prediction not happening.
He did show us in Houston ...... well he did show us that tear drop BRICK .... and no defense.
In Denial

Schroon Lake, NY

#4 Apr 16, 2009
Dave_from_Houston wrote:
<quoted text>
He did show us in Houston ...... well he did show us that tear drop BRICK .... and no defense.
Rafer is doing just fine in Orlando...his numbers are up since leaving that swamp called Houston.

“I will care when it matters”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle Washington

#5 Apr 16, 2009
In Denial wrote:
<quoted text>
Rafer is doing just fine in Orlando...his numbers are up since leaving that swamp called Houston.
well i would rather live in houston, at least they have more than 50,000 people...i have been to troy, and im guessing, from what i saw, that 50,000 people is the ceiling...as well as seeing about, 50,000 uncle sam pictures around when i was there in september of 05...geeze, i realize he is from there, but c'mon.
Jeff

Orlando, FL

#6 Apr 16, 2009
Nothing like a little motivation to get you going for the playoffs. Keep talking s h i t media pundits. Only adds fuel to Orlandos fire.

“I will care when it matters”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle Washington

#7 Apr 16, 2009
Jeff wrote:
Nothing like a little motivation to get you going for the playoffs. Keep talking s h i t media pundits. Only adds fuel to Orlandos fire.
you probably didnt even know what a pundit was until you read this article.

“FL for Harley FL not Floriduh”

Since: Jul 08

Lake Mary

#8 Apr 16, 2009
Maybe he should show them why. This team can beat any team on any given day, the problem is you cant count n them! Who can blame the pundits, the team dropped 3 games straight going into the playoffs, they are suspect!
Jeff

Orlando, FL

#10 Apr 16, 2009
KenOggy wrote:
<quoted text>
you probably didnt even know what a pundit was until you read this article.
Dont you have the seattle times message board to post comments on? Oh wait nevermind you lost your team.... I forgot about that. LOL
LMAO

AOL

#11 Apr 16, 2009
Philly in 7.
LMAO

AOL

#12 Apr 16, 2009
Magic eat tainted Philly CheeseSteak sandwiches and come down with salmonella. This is all caused by Jameer who knows where all the BAD food is served in Philly and he's jealous be cause he cant play and is to short to be in the NBA.
Philly (and Jameer) has this all planned.
Sue

San Antonio, TX

#13 Apr 16, 2009
Wait...there are tickets left for Game 1 and 2? Come on Magic fans, what are you waiting for? Buy those tickets, fill those seats, support your team!
David Lee

Orlando, FL

#14 Apr 16, 2009
LMAO wrote:
Magic eat tainted Philly CheeseSteak sandwiches and come down with salmonella. This is all caused by Jameer who knows where all the BAD food is served in Philly and he's jealous be cause he cant play and is to short to be in the NBA.
You're dumb..........

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#15 Apr 16, 2009
Dave_from_Houston wrote:
Trust me on this one ...... you guys will not be fans of Rafer Alston after the playoffs. There's a reason we got rid of him.
Ummm...yeah we know the real reason.....because he calls out Tmac/Yao all the time because they are either too soft and slow or just always injured....You didnt want your stars feelings to get hurt since Rafer is full of passion and wants to WIN.
Yeah we know the real reason....lol.
Please...Bricks??.....Didn't rafer pretty much carry houston while YAO's toe was hurt and Memac started chosing which game he would like to play or sit???

Yeah..I know...Truth's a B!*tch!! lol

#16 Apr 16, 2009
LMAO wrote:
LMAO, you are pushing it....
If you keep this up...we'll start cutting down JJ's minutes again!

“If you say it, back it up”

Since: Jan 08

Ocoee, FL

#17 Apr 16, 2009
That's fine to say it, Rafer, but if you say it, back it up!

#18 Apr 16, 2009
Michael in Ocoee wrote:
That's fine to say it, Rafer, but if you say it, back it up!
....And the time to back it up is here....
Its showtime!
Man-Child or Superman??
Pretender or Contender?

We will find out....!!
Bianchis Bald Head

Altamonte Springs, FL

#19 Apr 17, 2009
Funny stuff! I hope the boys represent this year. I hope the rest helps our money makers. Rashard needs to show everyone he's no slacker. Turk needs to find his rhythm, Rafer needs to show Houston that he can take a team to the top, and Dwight just needs to drop some bows and show Philly who's in charge!!!
Nobandwagon

Orlando, FL

#20 Apr 17, 2009
Let's not hop off the bandwagon so quick people. The Magic will win the first round. The 2nd round will be a challenge. No KG is huge. Magic in 6. And we know how they treat the Cavs! Do you really think that 3 game skid means anything? My gosh I saw Adonale Foyle playing big minutes in one of those games. When did we get him back? They have beaten the best all year!!!
Magic Fan Mark

Clermont, FL

#21 Apr 17, 2009
fltom wrote:
Maybe he should show them why. This team can beat any team on any given day, the problem is you cant count n them! Who can blame the pundits, the team dropped 3 games straight going into the playoffs, they are suspect!
If you think they way the Magic finished the season is indicative of anything then you are clueless. They were throttling back and resting for the playoffs. If you don't realize that then you aren't familiar with basketball NBA style.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Battie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Source: Vince Carter to Orlando Magic deal near... (Jun '09) Jul '09 hello 621
News Otis: Magic will not participate in Hedo sign-a... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Toastman 1
News Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis ... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Hedo Fan 246
News Magic, Cavs better or just different? (Jun '09) Jul '09 pugtv 9
News Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith will let free agent... (Jun '09) Jul '09 magic fan in LA 95
News Details of the five players involved in the Mag... (Jun '09) Jun '09 XeroX 17
News Magic hope championship will fall in place with... (Jun '09) Jun '09 disappointed 50
More from around the web