Orlando Magic rip Indiana Pacers in P...

Orlando Magic rip Indiana Pacers in Pietrus' return

There are 129 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 27, 2009, titled Orlando Magic rip Indiana Pacers in Pietrus' return. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Orlando Magic shooting guard Mickael Pietrus scored a game-high 27 points in a surprise return, leading the Magic to a 135-111 rout of the Indiana Pacers on Tuesday night at Amway Arena .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#1 Jan 27, 2009
Well thanks to Pietrus playing in this game and Nesterovic missing the game. The reason for this being that now it does not count as a blown prediction.

Well I called it folks. I said the Pacers would score around 110 points tonight. They scored 111. I called for the horrific defense. Simply put, this is not gonna get it done.
Enlightened 1

Asheville, NC

#2 Jan 27, 2009
Back on track fellas. Nice tune-up for the Cav's on Thursday.
nanningbob

San Francisco, CA

#3 Jan 27, 2009
OK folks lets hear it from the losers hall of fame. These great NBA analysts have spoken. Snicker ……… I laugh at your analysis.
JIM
Well what can I say ? I called this loss folks. And I called the three game losing streak as well.
TICOG
Upcoming games: Indiana-loss,
Cleveland-loss,
Toronto-loss,
Dallas-loose (I mean the bandwagon wheels will come loose).
Hey TICOG:
And where are you gonna go hide when you are proven wrong? Because that is what you will do when the Magic start their next win streak. Then you will just say the Magic will lose in the playoffs because your regular season predictions are such tomfoolery, I like that word. You know you can say that because it will take 4 months to disprove that one. Funny never saw you posting when the Magic tore up the Western Conference. OH yeah I get it you can only post when the Magic lose.
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#4 Jan 27, 2009
Nice energy for Pietrus off the bench tonight. The Magic bench scored 52 points. Now this is what it takes to get it done.
nanningbob

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jan 27, 2009
Pietrus, wow what a game. You know when you got 5 guys on the court that can score 20 points on any night, how do you stop that. What is really scary about this team is we still havent put it all together yet. Yeah, thats right we can be even better than we have played. Now that is scary.
george anderson jr

Orlando, FL

#6 Jan 27, 2009
Jim wrote:
Well thanks to Pietrus playing in this game and Nesterovic missing the game. The reason for this being that now it does not count as a blown prediction.
Well I called it folks. I said the Pacers would score around 110 points tonight. They scored 111. I called for the horrific defense. Simply put, this is not gonna get it done.
does this look familiar''Jim

Titusville, FL

Reply
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#97
7 hrs ago

Another loss tonight folks. That will make it 3 losses in a row as I predicted before it all started.

Tonight will make it the trifecta. Tonight will make it the trifecta. And I called it folks. I called these losses.''uh huh and you say its not a blown prediction,lol its worse than that its an old fashioned butt whooping.
nanningbob

San Francisco, CA

#7 Jan 27, 2009
FoxSports nominations halfway through the season:

All-NBA
First team
F LeBron James, Cavaliers
F Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks
C Dwight Howard, Magic
G Kobe Bryant, Lakers
G Chris Paul, Hornets

Defensive Player
Dwight Howard, Magic
Superman leads the league in rebounding (13.9) and blocked shots (3.2). That's an intimidating presence in the middle. The Magic, not surprisingly, are in the Top 10 in points allowed, field-goal percentage defense, rebounding and blocked shots. Howard erases mistakes.

Coach
Stan Van Gundy, Magic
Sporting a cast that plays to its strengths, Orlando is in the running for the best record in the East. Van Gundy flawlessly blended 3-point shooters (Rashard Lewis, Hedo Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson) around Dwight Howard's devastating inside game.
Jimmy

Windermere, FL

#8 Jan 27, 2009
Jim wrote:
Well thanks to Pietrus playing in this game and Nesterovic missing the game. The reason for this being that now it does not count as a blown prediction.
Well I called it folks. I said the Pacers would score around 110 points tonight. They scored 111. I called for the horrific defense. Simply put, this is not gonna get it done.
It gets it done every time when you score 135.
Bobller

Orlando, FL

#9 Jan 27, 2009
Jim wrote:
Well thanks to Pietrus playing in this game and Nesterovic missing the game. The reason for this being that now it does not count as a blown prediction.
Well I called it folks. I said the Pacers would score around 110 points tonight. They scored 111. I called for the horrific defense. Simply put, this is not gonna get it done.
You didn't make Nesterovic or Pietrus' play a condition of your predictions. It was all based on your "feelings" about the Magic playing poorly. I call BS, and that's not going to get it done: you lose.

Next?
derek

Flagstaff, AZ

#10 Jan 27, 2009
Yea, defintely Enlightened, although they'll need to bring better D. Im so glad MP made the surprise return and showed no offensive rust. I fully expect him to be back in starting spot soon, he's gonna give the Magic a real boost and C.Lee is going to an energy spark off the bench. Magic gonna need MP to throw at LeBron next game, and Zydrunas is back to cover Dwight also I think.
Jon

Orlando, FL

#11 Jan 27, 2009
Welcome back MP!
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#12 Jan 27, 2009
Folks it is clear that the Magic have things heading back in the right direction. Things are definitely looking up once again.

Now having said all of this I am calling for a Magic loss on Thursday night against Cleveland. In fact I am going to GUARANTEE it. Just like I did last Thursday night against the Celtics.

Big Z will be back for this one. He will make Dwight look like a 7 year old kid who is lost in the mall.

Once again it will be a low scoring game like last Thursday night.

The Magic will be lucky to reach 90 points in this one folks.

More importantly look for LeBron and Mo Williams to score virtually at will in the game.

This is such an easy prediction to make that I will go ahead and say thank you now to the props that I will receive after the game for calling the loss. You heard it here first folks.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#13 Jan 27, 2009
I may not be good at predicting Magic wins/losses, but at least I can predict what Jim would say after tonight's game.

I posted the following after the win on the "Magic need to grow up" thread:

"Jim will claim that Nesterovic DID NOT play for the Pacers at the last minute, and that Pieus DID play for the Magic, ALSO last minute info to the general public.

Sorry Jim. You SUCK at prognosticating Magic wins/losses. Give it up.

Good win nevertheless. Fun watching Pietrus with his 8 of 13 for 27pts, plus 10 rebounds. Not a bad way to shake off the cobwebs, eh?

See y'all on Thursday! "
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#14 Jan 27, 2009
KONG if you are so confident in the Magic and their ability to win against the Cavs Thursday night then why don't you go ahead and GUARANTEE the win ?

I don't think you will. I believe that you feel like they have no chance at all. You may cheer and clap in here like a high school cheerleader with your pom poms, but you are just hiding behind your doubts with this Magic basketball team.
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#15 Jan 27, 2009
Folks there is no reason to get excited about beating a high school team that plays no defense. Now if the Magic beat Cleveland by 20+ points, and score over 110 in the game, then there will be more reason for rejoicing.
serious

Clearwater, FL

#16 Jan 27, 2009
Can somebody please tell me why in the world do people bother responding to Jim and his nonsense?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#17 Jan 27, 2009
Jim wrote:
KONG if you are so confident in the Magic and their ability to win against the Cavs Thursday night then why don't you go ahead and GUARANTEE the win ?
I don't think you will. I believe that you feel like they have no chance at all. You may cheer and clap in here like a high school cheerleader with your pom poms, but you are just hiding behind your doubts with this Magic basketball team.
Oh? Did I hit a nerve, Jimbo? You are correct about one thing: I have my doubts about Thursday's game, but unless we're playing your average Jr. High School team, I wont make PREDICTIONS.

YOU, on the other hand, feel the need to be considered an EXPERT in the field of sports prognostications.

Dont give up the day job, Skippy.

You have some knowledge of basketball, as do MANY, MANY people on this thread. Unfortunately, in your case, a little knowledge is definitely a dangerous thing.

Your attempts at trying to impress us have long since failed (proportionately to the number of your incorrect Magic game predicitons!).

Please stop. You're only embarassing yourself.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#18 Jan 27, 2009
Funny. ESPN said "Orlando played Iniana" tonight. "NO 'D' in THIS team!"
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#19 Jan 27, 2009
Kong_ wrote:
Funny. ESPN said "Orlando played Iniana" tonight. "NO 'D' in THIS team!"
I already said this like 2 days ago. Read the old forum material. I take full credit for that one. And that is coming from me. Normally I am not one for self promotion.
Jim

Flagstaff, AZ

#21 Jan 27, 2009
Folks, this is not a blown prediction. Clearly I did not know the Pacers were going to play the Magic tonight! I predict the Magic will go on a 5 game losing streak, and I will also be right if they win all 5 games because I'll tell you why after the game is played.... Folks, clearly the Magic are not playing defense. This is not going to get it done. I will now spend the rest of my time filling up the majority of these board's posts..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Battie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Source: Vince Carter to Orlando Magic deal near... (Jun '09) Jul '09 hello 621
News Otis: Magic will not participate in Hedo sign-a... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Toastman 1
News Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis ... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Hedo Fan 246
News Magic, Cavs better or just different? (Jun '09) Jul '09 pugtv 9
News Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith will let free agent... (Jun '09) Jul '09 magic fan in LA 95
News Details of the five players involved in the Mag... (Jun '09) Jun '09 XeroX 17
News Magic hope championship will fall in place with... (Jun '09) Jun '09 disappointed 50
More from around the web