backcourt backup

backcourt backup

There are 6 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 28, 2008, titled backcourt backup. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

In a cackling Orlando Magic locker room that was still loose and free-flowing some 15 minutes after their 105-90 skate past Washington Thursday night, the old man of the crew sat alone playing it cool.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

tony

Fayetteville, NC

#1 Nov 29, 2008
another "solid night" from jj? Really? 1-6 from three, 3-9 overall with 5 turnovers and 1 assist? Wow if that is solid I would hate to see a bad game. jj is blistering along shooting 30% overall and almost 27% from three point land oh and don't forget he has more turnovers than assists and cant' guard anyone. At least this should shut up all the jj lovers who think all he needed was more time
Mike

Satellite Beach, FL

#2 Nov 29, 2008
12 assists for Johnson... Nice! When is the last time Jameer had that many assists?
Steve B

Ocala, FL

#3 Nov 29, 2008
Jammer Nelson is a back up nothing more. AJ is playing better
Santoro

Clay, NY

#4 Nov 29, 2008
tony wrote:
another "solid night" from jj? Really? 1-6 from three, 3-9 overall with 5 turnovers and 1 assist? Wow if that is solid I would hate to see a bad game. jj is blistering along shooting 30% overall and almost 27% from three point land oh and don't forget he has more turnovers than assists and cant' guard anyone. At least this should shut up all the jj lovers who think all he needed was more time
Sorry tony, but the announcers from TNT said that only 2 of those turnovers should count against Redick and I am sure that SVG see's it the same way. No his shooting is not up to par, but his defense is above. None of the SG's that he was guarding were able to score off of him.
SVG even said that Redick's defense was making up for him not scoring as much though he still did get 7 points.
So if Stan likes what he is seeing out of Redick who are we to say no more Redick.
Sounds more like the Redick haters need to just zip it and fine someone else to hate.
And BTW are we not suppose to be all Magic fans so why all the hate for the Magic. That is what you sound like your saying when you keep coming down on a Magic player.
magicman

Ocala, FL

#5 Nov 30, 2008
First things first. AJ is playing like a the true veteran he is, J.J is definitely looking better, but personally I think Lee is the only one that doesn't look comfortable out there just yet.The one upside to these injuries is to give these guys much needed PT, in order to get comfortable out there. Either way....GO MAGIC!!!!!!
Go Heat

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Nov 30, 2008
Well is does not mean anything Paul Pierce will score 40 in the Magics 102-77 loss to the defending champs. They will find no way to rebound from this heartbreaker and will drop their next 15 games in a row. They will finish the season 21-61. Simple as that as the magics fail!

GO HEAT!!!!!

NICK ANDERSON WE WILL NEVER FORGET!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Battie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Source: Vince Carter to Orlando Magic deal near... (Jun '09) Jul '09 hello 621
News Otis: Magic will not participate in Hedo sign-a... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Toastman 1
News Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis ... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Hedo Fan 246
News Magic, Cavs better or just different? (Jun '09) Jul '09 pugtv 9
News Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith will let free agent... (Jun '09) Jul '09 magic fan in LA 95
News Details of the five players involved in the Mag... (Jun '09) Jun '09 XeroX 17
News Magic hope championship will fall in place with... (Jun '09) Jun '09 disappointed 50
More from around the web