Orlando Magic edge out New York Knicks

Orlando Magic edge out New York Knicks

There are 113 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 25, 2009, titled Orlando Magic edge out New York Knicks. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Lately, the Orlando Magic are not winning on style points, when they are winning at all.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
turdstorm

Frisco, TX

#101 Feb 26, 2009
Glen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how pitiful and lowly these Magic hype-bandwagon fans are -- relying on other teams' misfortunes just to garner a win. PATHETIC.
It's called leveling the playing field, in hopes to move up a spot in the polls. The magic took the biggest hit out of any of the contending teams when they lost Nelson for the season. They don't have the luxury of having a team consisting of hall of famers, the best player in basketball, or the mvp like the others do. The other teams can still win at a high percentage with their losses, the magic could not and there's still a long road ahead of them trying to incorporate a completely new/different PG. Sometimes a little luck, or badluck for other teams in this case, is what a team needs to get back into contention. The other teams will have their starters back come playoff time, the magic will still be w/o Nelson - so relax, guy.
Glen

Clermont, FL

#102 Feb 26, 2009
I'll relax.
Murat

Ankara, Turkey

#103 Feb 27, 2009
I think detroit doesn't deserve to be discussed this much.things have changed and magic is clearly stronger than pistons even without jameer.past's gone
Murat

Ankara, Turkey

#104 Feb 27, 2009
Jim wrote:
I am making it official now. I am going to call it. Tomorrow night the Magic will in fact LOSE to the Detroit Pistons. You heard it here first folks. Final score will be: Detroit 89 Magic 84.
jim you are a loser. i'm worried for you

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#105 Feb 27, 2009
I wonder what JIM would say if he was a Boston or Cavs fan after their loss to weaker teams.
I see a a good solid win for Orlando tonight on National TV.
I predicted a 11 point win before they allow Rasheed to play, I will adjust that win to 7 point.
Go Magic

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#106 Feb 27, 2009
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
O M - Enough with the Garrity... I think it's finally getting on my nerves!
Also quit saying trust me in your post. That's my new name on here and I can use it because you CAN Trust Me because I am NEVER wrong!
:)
C'mon now....At least I'm giving you some kinda support...lol ...and staying optimistic with JJ..
Instead of Bashing him, i'm at least giving him Garrity's locker room.
I'm giving you my TRUST on this...TRUST ME!
lol

#107 Feb 27, 2009
turdstorm wrote:
<quoted text>It's called leveling the playing field, in hopes to move up a spot in the polls. The magic took the biggest hit out of any of the contending teams when they lost Nelson for the season. They don't have the luxury of having a team consisting of hall of famers, the best player in basketball, or the mvp like the others do. The other teams can still win at a high percentage with their losses, the magic could not and there's still a long road ahead of them trying to incorporate a completely new/different PG. Sometimes a little luck, or badluck for other teams in this case, is what a team needs to get back into contention. The other teams will have their starters back come playoff time, the magic will still be w/o Nelson - so relax, guy.
Very well PUT!

#108 Feb 27, 2009
Roberthenry wrote:
I wonder what JIM would say if he was a Boston or Cavs fan after their loss to weaker teams.
I see a a good solid win for Orlando tonight on National TV.
I predicted a 11 point win before they allow Rasheed to play, I will adjust that win to 7 point.
Go Magic
Very True.
That too on a National TV.
Both Boston/Cavs lost this week to weaker teams....well maybe not Houston.....but its time for MAGIC to kick in gear to close out the season and time for Boston/Cavs to find out how it feels to have one of their main rotation guy out for a while.

#109 Feb 27, 2009
I'm 99.9% We'll WIN tonight!
Everything is pointing to that!
At least the PG position is secured. RAFER can matchup well with Stuckey and HOWARD knows whats coming to him.
HEDO just got a baby and JJ wants one but cant find the right guy.
Both ready to deliver HUGE tonight....
LEWIS has been down lately, watch for him to blow up and pick it up.
Its SHOWTIME!
Tobster

Everetts, NC

#110 Feb 27, 2009
Ok, who the hell is this Jim guy? and why is he so stupid. I have been reading this blog and have come to the conclusion that he knows nothing about basketball let alone the Magic. Come on, really, Magic lose the the pistons?
turdstorm

Frisco, TX

#111 Feb 27, 2009
Update: Hamilton will be starting in place of an injured Allen Iverson (back) Friday night, the Detroit News reports.

It's still not known whether Iverson will come off the bench or sit this one out entirely. The pistons play much better with rip starting, they've been 4-12 since he started coming off the bench. Funny how they pick the magic to go back to their old lineup..........
Forrest Trump

Orlando, FL

#112 Feb 27, 2009
If the Magic run the ball and play up tempo, the Pistons won't stand a chance.

#113 Feb 27, 2009
turdstorm wrote:
Update: Hamilton will be starting in place of an injured Allen Iverson (back) Friday night, the Detroit News reports.
It's still not known whether Iverson will come off the bench or sit this one out entirely. The pistons play much better with rip starting, they've been 4-12 since he started coming off the bench. Funny how they pick the magic to go back to their old lineup..........
Funny Indeed how that works.....
Tmac goes out....Rockets start winning...
Rip comes back....Detroit starts winning???
MAGIC need to put some nails down on this PISTONS coffin and restart this postseason drama.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Battie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Source: Vince Carter to Orlando Magic deal near... (Jun '09) Jul '09 hello 621
News Otis: Magic will not participate in Hedo sign-a... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Toastman 1
News Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis ... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Hedo Fan 246
News Magic, Cavs better or just different? (Jun '09) Jul '09 pugtv 9
News Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith will let free agent... (Jun '09) Jul '09 magic fan in LA 95
News Details of the five players involved in the Mag... (Jun '09) Jun '09 XeroX 17
News Magic hope championship will fall in place with... (Jun '09) Jun '09 disappointed 50
More from around the web