Catch up with the Magic with this hel...

Catch up with the Magic with this helpful post-road trip Q & A

There are 27 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 16, 2008, titled Catch up with the Magic with this helpful post-road trip Q & A. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Orlando Magic just returned from the NBA 's version of the Bermuda Triangle, otherwise known as a road trip out West.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe

Santa Rosa, CA

#1 Dec 16, 2008
I can’t believe that Grant Hill would play for Otis and Food on Shirt. Of course the deal would have to be approved by Nelson and DH. The Van der Weinies probably would like Grant back. I hope this will give JJ a path out. The Magic need some adult leadership. Grant Hill can provide that. JJ for Marbury is the dream trade. Marbury and the Magic are a perfect match. DH will be a Knick within 3 years. Let the good times roll.
TiredOfTheSameOl dCrap

Windermere, FL

#2 Dec 17, 2008
While Hill may add some depth, bringing him back would be a disaster. He left the Magic looking for a "winner" and ditched us after not earning his outrageous salary here. Now that we're the "winner", he wants back. And he buts the blame on the Magic for letting him go - bulls***. Let him whither up and die in sunny Phoenix. He can move his art collection, that the Magic paid for out there too. If he's back, I'll be the first to boo..
Magic Phan

Leavenworth, KS

#3 Dec 17, 2008
This was a fine article until you suggested trading an up-and-comer for "The Knee Who Came to Dinner".

I don't want that man back in a Magic jersey until he returns the 93-million dollars he stole from us.

“Life's a Beach”

Since: Dec 07

Cocoa Beach

#4 Dec 17, 2008
Their salaries match, but GHill has about $100MM of the Magic's money.

A better trade could be made than JJ for GHill.
Nostradamus

Clearwater, FL

#5 Dec 17, 2008
TiredOfTheSameOldCrap wrote:
While Hill may add some depth, bringing him back would be a disaster. He left the Magic looking for a "winner" and ditched us after not earning his outrageous salary here. Now that we're the "winner", he wants back. And he buts the blame on the Magic for letting him go - bulls***. Let him whither up and die in sunny Phoenix. He can move his art collection, that the Magic paid for out there too. If he's back, I'll be the first to boo..
Grant Hill wants back??? It's Steve Kerr & Otis Smith who are discussing Hill's probable return to the Magic NOT him, so don't go out and twist the facts.
JTM

United States

#6 Dec 17, 2008
Joe, you win the award for "Worst Posting of the Year". That's saying something.
This team does NOT need Grant (over the) Hill!
Stokes W

Fort Myers, FL

#7 Dec 17, 2008
I'd rather see us trade JJ for somebody like Joakim Noah. Their salaries also match up.
Why trade JJ for a 35 year old guy who will get hurt? Worthless trade.

“Life's a Beach”

Cocoa Beach

#8 Dec 17, 2008
The more I think about it, maybe this trade makes sense? First of all, most of us agree that JJ has been a bust for an 11th pick.

Grant could come back, come off the bench and play some Point-Forward or Small-Forward. He's a veteran that knows the game.

The other thing, since Otis gave JJ an extension, we can basically rent Grant for the remainder of the season. It would open up some cap space for next year and JJ would be off the books.

We all know Grant took a lot of money from the Magic organization, but nobody can't say he wasn't a good guy in the locker room, a good guy in the community and he did everything he possibly could try and get better to help his teammates.

Maybe this trade does make sense?
Floridadude

Lake Mary, FL

#9 Dec 17, 2008
So ahhh we need a sports article for the Wednesday on line edition, Magic section. I know it is a slow day and nothng is going on so could you like come up with some useless information that any fan migh all ready know unless they been living in a cave somewhere. Thanks, that would be great...
LMAO

AOL

#10 Dec 17, 2008
Cocoa Beach Fan wrote:
The more I think about it, maybe this trade makes sense? First of all, most of us agree that JJ has been a bust for an 11th pick.
Grant could come back, come off the bench and play some Point-Forward or Small-Forward. He's a veteran that knows the game.
The other thing, since Otis gave JJ an extension, we can basically rent Grant for the remainder of the season. It would open up some cap space for next year and JJ would be off the books.
We all know Grant took a lot of money from the Magic organization, but nobody can't say he wasn't a good guy in the locker room, a good guy in the community and he did everything he possibly could try and get better to help his teammates.
Maybe this trade does make sense?
There is something terribly scary going on in here!

Logic and Intelligence has reared it's head when YOU, CBF, can write a flawless Post that in every sense of the word is perfect!

Not a better deal available than JJ for Hill. I'm surprised you see the light, LOL.
I'm afraid to say I agree with you on this 100%.
Ugh
:)
LMAO

AOL

#12 Dec 17, 2008
..... JJ in Madison Sq. Garden my pick #1.
JJ in Phoenix my pick #1A.

No one will remember, but since last year I have been saying that JJ needs to be in one of these places.
I had sent Emails to D'Antoni and Kerr several times asking them to consider JJ. Maybe (oh God I hope so) this will come to pass!

Of course then if it does happen I shall take ALL the Credit for it!
mizz

Tampa, FL

#13 Dec 17, 2008
In a few months from now, Grant Hill will injure himself and be out for the year. Again. Bad trade. At least get some value for JJ. I like Stokes W's idea: JJ for Joakim Noah. NIce!
Season Tix Funding

Orlando, FL

#14 Dec 17, 2008
Nostradamus wrote:
<quoted text>
Grant Hill wants back??? It's Steve Kerr & Otis Smith who are discussing Hill's probable return to the Magic NOT him, so don't go out and twist the facts.
Read the article Nos ... "Neither the Magic nor Hill can say it publicly — the league frowns on tampering — but they'd both welcome a reunion."
I'm a long term season ticket holder and G. Hill comes back, I won't be. Magic won't get my $$$$ to pay that bum.
Box Score

Winter Park, FL

#15 Dec 17, 2008
mizz wrote:
I like Stokes W's idea: JJ for Joakim Noah. NIce!
I'd rather have the guy who is in shape and can play more than 10-15 minutes a game if we needed him to.

“Life's a Beach”

Cocoa Beach

#16 Dec 17, 2008
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
There is something terribly scary going on in here!
Logic and Intelligence has reared it's head when YOU, CBF, can write a flawless Post that in every sense of the word is perfect!
Not a better deal available than JJ for Hill. I'm surprised you see the light, LOL.
I'm afraid to say I agree with you on this 100%.
Ugh
Hold on, if you agree with me, I change my mind. Keep JJ and let him be the 4th guard off the bench!
LMAO

AOL

#17 Dec 17, 2008
Cocoa Beach Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on, if you agree with me, I change my mind. Keep JJ and let him be the 4th guard off the bench!
Old dogs never change, huh.
;)
Solar Bear

Oviedo, FL

#18 Dec 17, 2008
LMAO wrote:
..... JJ in Madison Sq. Garden my pick #1.
JJ in Phoenix my pick #1A.
No one will remember, but since last year I have been saying that JJ needs to be in one of these places.
So that's JJ & LMAO to Phoenix for Grant Hill. Gets rid of one who can't shoot straight and one who can't think straight. Sounds like a winner to me! ;-)
magicman

San Antonio, TX

#19 Dec 17, 2008
Is there truth to the rumor that the Magic are going to pick up Antoine Walker after he is bought out by the Grizzlies?
KGB

Eustis, FL

#20 Dec 17, 2008
I would rather keep JJ in his "funk" than even think-or allow a fleeting momentary thought-about Grant Hill returning! We needed him that year he bolted for the Suns! Good riddence!
robertohenry

San José, Costa Rica

#21 Dec 17, 2008
We want a title can Grant Hill help us,
I think so. Do I have a distaste for his past actions....YES.
But I can forgive if he gives us 15 point of the bench every game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Battie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Source: Vince Carter to Orlando Magic deal near... (Jun '09) Jul '09 hello 621
News Otis: Magic will not participate in Hedo sign-a... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Toastman 1
News Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis ... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Hedo Fan 246
News Magic, Cavs better or just different? (Jun '09) Jul '09 pugtv 9
News Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith will let free agent... (Jun '09) Jul '09 magic fan in LA 95
News Details of the five players involved in the Mag... (Jun '09) Jun '09 XeroX 17
News Magic hope championship will fall in place with... (Jun '09) Jun '09 disappointed 50
More from around the web