Rashard Lewis steps out of Dwight How...

Rashard Lewis steps out of Dwight Howard's shadow

There are 9 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 22, 2008, titled Rashard Lewis steps out of Dwight Howard's shadow. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Developments in the Magic's exhibition season that have been worth watching: Rah-rah Rashard Dwight Howard has been ridiculously dominant, but he hasn't overshadowed Rashard Lewis .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Ryan

United States

#1 Oct 22, 2008
Can any article involving Rashard Lewis NOT include the words $118 million? It's old. We know how much he's paid. It's a LOT. NBA contracts are ridiculous no matter how good the player is. In my opinion, NO ONE can live up to their NBA contract, unless they're curing cancer in the process.
LMAO

AOL

#2 Oct 22, 2008
I'm with Ryan...plus good luck to Bogans.... we all hope he beats out JJ for like 15 minutes playing time a game.
Can you imagine going to work and doing 15 mins work and getting
$36,585.00 a game for 15 minutes?

Anyway, truth will out...JJ will sit again, he'll put up the good front for Otis though....and then he can get the "H" outta this loser outfit and go make his money with a winner...or at least play for an Upfront coach that has the ability to set picks for the him so he can give his team double figures every game.

This Magic outfit is unbelieveably stupid.
ddddd

Ames, IA

#3 Oct 22, 2008
Heres an idea! Lets try something new like developing the young guys on the team!
Turk is having injury issues right now as is Nelson and Battie....
Therefore for this last preseason game at Memphis lets have Pietrus play small forward and Gortat as first big man off the bench. Lets give Bogans some of the small forward minutes and lets get JJ in there for some serious burn to further see what he can really do. Lee should have a crack at pg minutes with Nelson nursing an injury. Even if Nelson plays now would be a good time to rest Nelson before the regular season starts and also see if Lee can really handle being a backup pg....(somehow I doubt that Stan would do such a thing at this stage of the preseason unfortunately)

just an idea...

I still say trade Bogans and let the young guys (Lee and JJ) develop. I know I said this before a while ago but I think that if its done right JJ can turn into a Steve Kerr type player at the very least and still allow for the other shooting guards to get theirs.
trade idea

Winter Park, FL

#4 Oct 22, 2008
lets trade lmao and the fat guy for a bag of doughnuts
Nothing is Free

Orlando, FL

#5 Oct 22, 2008
Rashard Lewis is hilarious. I loved his work on "Curb your Enthusiasm."
LMAO

AOL

#6 Oct 22, 2008
ddddd wrote:
Heres an idea! Lets try something new like developing the young guys on the team!
Turk is having injury issues right now as is Nelson and Battie....
Therefore for this last preseason game at Memphis lets have Pietrus play small forward and Gortat as first big man off the bench. Lets give Bogans some of the small forward minutes and lets get JJ in there for some serious burn to further see what he can really do. Lee should have a crack at pg minutes with Nelson nursing an injury. Even if Nelson plays now would be a good time to rest Nelson before the regular season starts and also see if Lee can really handle being a backup pg....(somehow I doubt that Stan would do such a thing at this stage of the preseason unfortunately)
just an idea...
I still say trade Bogans and let the young guys (Lee and JJ) develop. I know I said this before a while ago but I think that if its done right JJ can turn into a Steve Kerr type player at the very least and still allow for the other shooting guards to get theirs.
Hey 5d, Thats a great post and very insightful... well too insightful for SVG & Otis to figure out.
Nice try though. It's "notta gonna happen" with these fools that own & manage this small market, mediocre NBA team that will never amount to much....except to line the pockets of the management.

:)
Bob Loblaw

Lady Lake, FL

#7 Oct 22, 2008
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey 5d, Thats a great post and very insightful... well too insightful for SVG & Otis to figure out.
Nice try though. It's "notta gonna happen" with these fools that own & manage this small market, mediocre NBA team that will never amount to much....except to line the pockets of the management.
:)
:(
willie

Pompano Beach, FL

#8 Oct 22, 2008
otis wake up memphis is in town this is your chance to go and see chris wallace about a deal that can send redick bogans and cook for darko and crittenton that trade would be great for us make it happen do something
DBJORK

Lafayette, CO

#9 Oct 22, 2008
not impressed with the magic this offseason huh lmao..I think JJ will get his minutes this season. I would probably join you on the magic hate wagon if they signed him this offseason to just sit him like the last few seasons. Gotta admit they look pretty good thus far...go dawgs!
LMAO wrote:
I'm with Ryan...plus good luck to Bogans.... we all hope he beats out JJ for like 15 minutes playing time a game.
Can you imagine going to work and doing 15 mins work and getting
$36,585.00 a game for 15 minutes?
Anyway, truth will out...JJ will sit again, he'll put up the good front for Otis though....and then he can get the "H" outta this loser outfit and go make his money with a winner...or at least play for an Upfront coach that has the ability to set picks for the him so he can give his team double figures every game.
This Magic outfit is unbelieveably stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tony Battie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Source: Vince Carter to Orlando Magic deal near... (Jun '09) Jul '09 hello 621
News Otis: Magic will not participate in Hedo sign-a... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Toastman 1
News Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis ... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Hedo Fan 246
News Magic, Cavs better or just different? (Jun '09) Jul '09 pugtv 9
News Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith will let free agent... (Jun '09) Jul '09 magic fan in LA 95
News Details of the five players involved in the Mag... (Jun '09) Jun '09 XeroX 17
News Magic hope championship will fall in place with... (Jun '09) Jun '09 disappointed 50
More from around the web