Lee no match for Superman

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

I t's a good thing the Magic tape all their games. That's about the only way Courtney Lee will appreciate what he missed.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated May 2, 2009
j-otown

Wildwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 28, 2009
 
Great editorial! Never read your editorials but now I know they are fun to read.
Phil Laysheeo

Flemington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 29, 2009
 
This article is crap. Bad jokes,so one sided for the Magic and full of meaningless Van Gundy quotes. Bottom line is that Van Gundy is trying to make this bigger then it is in order to cover up his terrible coaching. His team is playing terrible in this series and are being pushed to the brink by a bad Sixers team. Whats next Stan? Another verbal brawl with Shaq? What a loser.....
Lisa

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 29, 2009
 
I said last night that DiLeo always looks like he's about to cry. Guess I'm right.
Jim Hawk III

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 29, 2009
 
Phil Laysheeo wrote:
This article is crap. Bad jokes,so one sided for the Magic and full of meaningless Van Gundy quotes. Bottom line is that Van Gundy is trying to make this bigger then it is in order to cover up his terrible coaching. His team is playing terrible in this series and are being pushed to the brink by a bad Sixers team. Whats next Stan? Another verbal brawl with Shaq? What a loser.....
Let's see. The New Jersey Nets finished 12th out of 15 in the conference, and you've got the nerve to complain about Stan's coaching? The Nets finished with a 34-48 season, versus the Magic's 59-23, and Stan's a bad coach?

Must be something in the water. That's all I can figure.
MagicFan4Life

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 29, 2009
 
WELCOME TO THE DRAMA THAT IS THE NBA PLAYOFFS!

If they suspend Howard for that elbow in the face, then the league needs to look into game 1 when Dalembert hit Howard in the face and scratched his eye.

Tony Dileo is just a big baby and needs to man to be a coach in this league.
Chill Out

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 29, 2009
 
Watched the video
. To say there arms got tangled is misleading. Dalembert was ramming into Howard with his forearm and simply pushing Howard under the basket with all his muster. Not a legal move and Dalembery was the first to push Howard with his forearm. Suspension?? No. Fine?? Yes. Fine Dalembert also. The refs missed his flagrant and purposeful push into Howard.

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 29, 2009
 
Looks like a suspension to me.
Gortat/Battie will have to step up big and HEDO/RASHARD better not take a night off.
Honestly, this should have been over already but we put ourselves in this situation.
Hell, we could be going fishing come this wkend....
We better show up.
I see Gortat/Battie stepping up big!
Greg

Haddonfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 29, 2009
 
I never understood the inconsistencies of NBA officiating. NBA rules are stretched and then contracted from game to game. Three seconds is three seconds, traveling is traveling. Subjectivity should certainly not be the rule, and in the case of three second violations these calls can easily and objectively be ruled. A DVR review of the game clearly shows Howard parked in the lane last night. DiLeo might be whining but he is right. 100%. There is too much riding on these games to let mercurial referees and strident abuses of the rules to go unchecked. Van Gundy has got to relax and talk to the Superhero about staying within the rules, particularly the easily determined ones.
magicman

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 29, 2009
 
Once again, poor taste shown by a Sentinel columnist in the never-ending quest to out-glib each other. The world is facing a pandemic and this guy makes a quip about Mexico. Some subjects shouldn't be fodder for tongue-in-cheek nonsense. What's next a Kaylee Anthony reference?
Mel Lanoma

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 29, 2009
 
O-MAGIC wrote:
Looks like a suspension to me.
Gortat/Battie will have to step up big and HEDO/RASHARD better not take a night off.
Honestly, this should have been over already but we put ourselves in this situation.
Hell, we could be going fishing come this wkend....
We better show up.
I see Gortat/Battie stepping up big!
You forgot to finish the paragraph: "Without Howard, THEY LOSE BY TWELVE."

I appreciate Battie and The Martian, but even together they'll come up a dozen points short.

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 29, 2009
 
Mel Lanoma wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to finish the paragraph: "Without Howard, THEY LOSE BY TWELVE."
I appreciate Battie and The Martian, but even together they'll come up a dozen points short.
lol....and that too is a possibility and i have no sympathy for my MAGIC right now.
This series should have been over yesterday but ohh well.
Now we are about to miss key players and its in Philly.
Yes, we could lose big and by 12 but then again, Gortat can easily pull down 15/15 a night and we get get aggressive and IF...[BIG IF] HEDO can go back to his old form, then its OVER!
marko

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 29, 2009
 
hopefully lee is alright,we need him back fast!!accidents happen....hurry back lee,we need you in playoffs!!!
marko

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 29, 2009
 
i think nba is looking to extend this series and make extra money!!!
dwight should not be suspended at all!!!
AstosOfOberlin

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 29, 2009
 
Really poorly written piece. Almost no real information, and the choice of words is awful.
Dwight was feeling especially "frisky"? Ummm..ok.
The series has some new "zestiness"? Ummmm..ok.
And references to tweety birds and mexican pig farms? Come on, terrible.
Dwight will be suspended, and he deserves it. Whether or not you believe he camps out in the lane, he certainly meant to land that elbow on Dalembert. Per the rulebook, if you elbow someone above the shoulders then you must be suspended. The magic were lucky that they had Dwight in last night's game because, realistically, he should have been ejected for that play.
Anyone see Rondo's play last night as well? The league has some deciding to do today.
Hogan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 29, 2009
 
Howard "flailed away"? Actually, he looked at the back of Sam Dalembert's head and threw an elbow strike. Even the UFC won't let you elbow someone in the back of the head.
Chris

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 29, 2009
 
All I have been hearing all year is how this Magic team is elite and a serious contender for the East. Having watched this team through five playoff games, I will say without reservation this team doesn't have what it takes to win deep in the playoffs. As entertaining a series as this has become, it has exposed the Magic's short comings. The stategy is simple, run when the Magic miss their three point shots. This team doesn't have the athletes to get back on D. As talented as Howard is, the Defesive Player of the Year, he is a non-factor outside of a half court game, and late in a tight game when Van Gundy doesn't trust him to knock down free throws. This team reminds me of the Phoenix Suns of years past. They scored a lot of points, they won alot of regular season games, and could not get stops on defense when they needed them. They were completely useless when shoting less than 40 percent from the three point line, which by the way is extermely difficult in the playoffs. So with that being said good luck with that Orlando. TNT is already get the fishing picture ready.
Chris is an idiot

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 29, 2009
 
Chris wrote:
All I have been hearing all year is how this Magic team is elite and a serious contender for the East. Having watched this team through five playoff games, I will say without reservation this team doesn't have what it takes to win deep in the playoffs. As entertaining a series as this has become, it has exposed the Magic's short comings. The stategy is simple, run when the Magic miss their three point shots. This team doesn't have the athletes to get back on D. As talented as Howard is, the Defesive Player of the Year, he is a non-factor outside of a half court game, and late in a tight game when Van Gundy doesn't trust him to knock down free throws. This team reminds me of the Phoenix Suns of years past. They scored a lot of points, they won alot of regular season games, and could not get stops on defense when they needed them. They were completely useless when shoting less than 40 percent from the three point line, which by the way is extermely difficult in the playoffs. So with that being said good luck with that Orlando. TNT is already get the fishing picture ready.
Chris is an idiot and a tard. Shuit the h*ll up 'mo.
ALL HAIL COURTNEY LEE

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 2, 2009
 
Hail !

HE SACRIFICED HIS SEASON (AND HIS FRONTAL SINUS) TO HITMAN HOWARD'S ELBOW, SO THAT THE MAGIC MIGHT MOVE ON IN THE PLAYOFFS.

WHAT A GUY !!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tony Battie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Source: Vince Carter to Orlando Magic deal near... (Jun '09) Jul '09 hello 621
Otis: Magic will not participate in Hedo sign-a... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Toastman 1
Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis ... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Hedo Fan 246
Magic, Cavs better or just different? (Jun '09) Jul '09 pugtv 9
Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith will let free agent... (Jun '09) Jul '09 magic fan in LA 95
Details of the five players involved in the Mag... (Jun '09) Jun '09 XeroX 17
Magic hope championship will fall in place with... (Jun '09) Jun '09 disappointed 50

Search the Tony Battie Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••