SKOLNICK: In primes, Duncan no match for Shaq

Shaquille O'Neal may be a step slower, but he is no smaller. He remains large enough to have a presence even in places he doesn't appear. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“smoking bans are unamerica!”

Since: Jul 07

rice lake wisconsin

#65 Jul 31, 2007
The Hermit wrote:
San Antone didn't even DESERVE to be in the finals.
There is something fundamentally wrong with a league that rewards dirty play. Something SA got away with in the playoffs. They were and are by NO MEANS the best team in the NBA. Maybe the dirtiest but not the best.
how the hell did the spurs play dirty?If you call good playing and defense dirty well then by all means yes,you and alot of other are jealous of the spurs because they have a russian coach that has made an art of the game and not only that they don't make the papers and don't have to showboat.all you spurs haters can kiss mr.coyetes a**!
always a spurs fan.
1#spurs fan
mr.san antonio and ms.coyete.
sa fan in dall-ass

Roanoke, TX

#66 Aug 25, 2007
i will concede that bowen has a tendency to play some questionable defense, but to call the entire spurs team dirty is absurd. yeah, horry's foul against nash was a little much, but it was an intense playoff series (the only one the spurs had during the entire post-season), so a lot of emotion was involved in those games. if you go back and check horry's history there are no other incidents that one would need to justifiably call him dirty.
amare knew better - bench clearing was banned years ago, before he was even in the league. and the assistant coaches should have done their jobs in keeping players off the court and on the bench. as for the suspensions, stop saying "things would have been a lot different." you have no idea how things "would of been." and for god's sake, please learn proper grammar. "of" does not take the play o "have."
the spurs-suns series was the only worthwhile post-season match up. suns fans should be happy they were apart of the only exciting action.
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

State College, PA

#67 Aug 25, 2007
SPURS 077 wrote:
<quoted text>how the hell did the spurs play dirty?If you call good playing and defense dirty well then by all means yes,you and alot of other are jealous of the spurs because they have a russian coach that has made an art of the game and not only that they don't make the papers and don't have to showboat.all you spurs haters can kiss mr.coyetes a**!
always a spurs fan.
1#spurs fan
mr.san antonio and ms.coyete.
Popovich is Russian? Wouldn't have guessed even with that name. Maybe Italian or sumthng. Ah well, I'm a Spurs hater but I ain't kissing no ones rear end. Don't know all the hub bub. They won fair and square. They are way more experienced. Horry's been doing his thing since he was like ten years old. He did it with Olujouwon, the Shaqster and now Duncan. Move on. A new season is about to begin. Suns are a great team. They have a lot of fire in them. They're young and will definitely get over that hump. But in the mean time Go Pistons.
DLM

Thailand

#68 Sep 19, 2007
The Hermit wrote:
There is something fundamentally wrong with a league that rewards dirty play. Something SA got away with in the playoffs. They were and are by NO MEANS the best team in the NBA. Maybe the dirtiest but not the best.
you are full of swamp water.
the player d

United States

#69 Oct 11, 2007
The Hermit wrote:
i find it quite amusing the ignorance (hope you understand the meaning of the word) of so many out there...i have watched many, many spurs games over the years. i can tell you i've seen very very few flagrant fouls, ejections, fights, or any other ridiculous or "dirty" behavior by the spurs players, let alone their clean off-the-court behavior--again almost no incidents outside of a few rod strickland incidents. even stephen jackson understood what it meant to be a spur and made some poor decisions only after leaving...so you are really referring to bruce bowen's tough defense--i'm even ok if you believe it is excessive at times, which is of course far different than a blanket "dirty" label. and the horry incident, a small issue in long, clean, professional career. so please have a better argument my man. the spurs are a great, hard-working team with unsurpassed character in this nba world. they have a good, no-nonsense, hard-nosed coach that is deeply respected around the league and knows how to lead his team and individual players. as for their leader, timmy, it's pretty weak that all people can come up with is his "deer-in-the-headlights " look when called for some fouls. i've watched 25 years of nba ball and very few guys, if any, would say they committed any fouls--or weren't fouled every time down the court! i'll close with this: i sit and watch my teenager play high school ball every week. and every game, when a call is made, one side goes crazy mad, and the other says "great call, ref". and it will be that way for eternity. is there ever a "good call" both ways? rarely. so, on your "dirty" label: horrible call! on your "by no means the best team" : "good call".(not really, but you get my point...

“smoking bans are unamerica!”

Since: Jul 07

rice lake wisconsin

#70 Oct 17, 2007
The spurs like you said the playd hardly ever play dirty,but what about all the calls on the spurs that should not have been called on them?Fair,hardly.The spurs have won all their games and championships fair and square Not by cheating like some people do.My spurs will always rock.YES,TIM DUNCAN WON WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM ANYOTHER SUPERSTAR ON THE TEAM ONCE DAVID ROBINSON LEFT.How many teams out their can boast of having their very own twin towers?Not many or any that I know of.So all you spurs haters need to get a life,because the spurs are coming back for and are GONNA GET ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR BABY!

SPURS ARE BACK,BACK IN SILVER AND GRAY
COMING TO ROCK THE CORE OF BASKETBALL AGAIN.
THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE SILVER AND GRAY.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!

SAN ANTONIO ROCKS,BABY!
Ahmad

Memphis, TN

#71 Nov 2, 2007
DUNCAN,PARKER, Ginobili. Say no more. Spurs!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Duncan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heat, not Spurs, is early favorite to win 2015 ... (Jun '14) Jul '14 ing 4
Charles Barkley praises Dallas women while pick... (May '14) May '14 Raquel 1
Knicks looking for hometown discount from Anthony (Apr '14) Apr '14 Aldridge 1
Spurs crush Knicks 120-89, win 4th straight (Nov '13) Nov '13 Knicks Dude 1
NBA Finals: After pushing Heat to the brink, Sp... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
Spo and Pop: The coaching matchup in the NBA Fi... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 3
For Spurs and Heat, the NBA Finals can be memor... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
More from around the web