Suspended ref returns at Pacers' game

Suspended ref returns at Pacers' game

There are 12 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 11, 2007, titled Suspended ref returns at Pacers' game. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Joey Crawford officiated his first NBA exhibition game Wednesday night after being suspended for the end of last season and the playoffs for improper on-court conduct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Laughing

Brownsburg, IN

#1 Oct 11, 2007
Well, you've gotta hand it to Jermaine -- he definitely knows how to suck up to refs! ;-)

I'm thinking Joey Crawford will be leaving HIM alone this year...
Do Something

Knightstown, IN

#2 Oct 11, 2007
What a fitting return. Where else would a man with no professional scruples feel more at home?
Ben Dover

United States

#4 Oct 11, 2007
Do Something wrote:
What a fitting return. Where else would a man with no professional scruples feel more at home?
You are exactly right!
trl

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Oct 11, 2007
losers always hang out with other losers!
David Smith

Monon, IN

#7 Oct 11, 2007
As you can read the only one willing to comment on this guy was Oneal who WASN'T playing in the game last night.
HiRode

United States

#8 Oct 11, 2007
Do Something wrote:
Oh, good! I am not the only one that found this rather "unique".

A referee is suspended for confrontational misconduct and the first game he returns for involves a team that has become notorious for it!

Hey, Visa! This one is Priceless!
mini mojo

United States

#10 Oct 11, 2007
a fit made in heaven!!!!!

bum ref

bum team

a guy who acts like a ref

a bunch of guys who like to act like gang-stas.

there are no coincidences you know.
Joey C

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Oct 11, 2007
I had to come back, I'm the one everybody pays to see. I'm the show. The fans love the way I control the game and I have the power to determine who I want to win. Yes sir, I'm back in the saddle, say good-by to more Championships San Antonio. (I'll get you Duncan if its the last thing I do)
The Flash

United States

#13 Oct 11, 2007
This guy is an outstanding official and never should have been suspended. In his position, I would retire and write a tell-all book about the NBA.
special ed

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Oct 11, 2007
The Flash wrote:
This guy is an outstanding official and never should have been suspended. In his position, I would retire and write a tell-all book about the NBA.
Amazing. The guy flew off the hook, gave Tim Duncan the hook, then "retired." Now he's back? Please. Stern's got to go before I'll put any more time (and money) into the NBA
Maxx

Pineville, LA

#15 Oct 11, 2007
Once again David Stern has shown why the NBA needs new leadership.
Never liked him and never will.
David

Reno, NV

#16 Oct 11, 2007
A number of years ago I was at a game Joe Crawford was officiating. A heckler was giving him the business, so during a timeout Crawford stood directly in front of the heckler and stared at him for like 3 minutes straight, totally mute. It was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen from an official. Crawford was clearly agitated the rest of the game and went on to T up and toss both coaches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Duncan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heat, not Spurs, is early favorite to win 2015 ... (Jun '14) Jul '14 ing 4
News Charles Barkley praises Dallas women while pick... (May '14) May '14 Raquel 1
News Knicks looking for hometown discount from Anthony (Apr '14) Apr '14 Aldridge 1
News Spurs crush Knicks 120-89, win 4th straight (Nov '13) Nov '13 Knicks Dude 1
News NBA Finals: After pushing Heat to the brink, Sp... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
News Spo and Pop: The coaching matchup in the NBA Fi... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 3
News For Spurs and Heat, the NBA Finals can be memor... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
More from around the web