Spurs sweep Cavs for NBA title

Spurs sweep Cavs for NBA title

There are 38 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Jun 14, 2007, titled Spurs sweep Cavs for NBA title. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

True roundball royalty, the San Antonio Spurs are once again wearing the crown. LeBron James, Cleveland's preordained King, isn't quite ready for his.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
omar

Sumter, SC

#21 Jun 18, 2007
PISTON wrote:
Whatever happened to the days where it was all about the basketball and love. Now its about money, being a dynasty, and other crap. Even if the Pistons went to win on 5 titles in a row, then fine. But I don't want them to be all high and mighty. Just give thanks to the Lord for giving them the strength to go out there and play. Cavs are going to be very strong and may win the title within two years. Lebron is still so young. How may 22 year olds can carry a team on their shoulder. If Lebron were to never have been a cavalier would they have still been in the Finals?? I'm not trying to hype up Lebron and make him look like he's the superstar that got the cavs there but he is talented. I believe he did play a huge part though. Everyone needs to calm down and let the young man grow. And sum players need to change their stupid attitudes like Rasheed. Maybe if he wasn't always so upset he'd get further. It makes me sad and frustrated to see them act like that. I guess thats what makes the world turn. Go Cavs. You guys are so great. I bet if the Pistons were to have your attitude maybe they to could be a title contender. Stay as a team, don't point fingers at each other. Lift each other up and speak words of encouragement for ife and death are in the power of the tongue. Provebs 18:21
smartest thing you said since i read your comments.aha..but you got one thing wrong i think..you sed ''your not trying to hype him and make him seem like the superstar that got them there'' uhm...he is
PISTON

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Jun 18, 2007
omar wrote:
<quoted text>
smartest thing you said since i read your comments.aha..but you got one thing wrong i think..you sed ''your not trying to hype him and make him seem like the superstar that got them there'' uhm...he is
I just didn't wanna give him credit cuz there's four other guys that contributed as well, but if thats all they can give the Spurs they gonna need to ascend to another level if they wanna win a ring. I've been saying all along that Z needs sum fire in him.
omar

Sumter, SC

#23 Jun 18, 2007
PISTON wrote:
<quoted text>
I just didn't wanna give him credit cuz there's four other guys that contributed as well, but if thats all they can give the Spurs they gonna need to ascend to another level if they wanna win a ring. I've been saying all along that Z needs sum fire in him.
his fire hasd burned oout,,we need fresh talent
PISTON

Pottstown, PA

#24 Jun 19, 2007
omar wrote:
<quoted text>
his fire hasd burned oout,,we need fresh talent
Yea, you gotta point. Put Shaq in there, he can still do sum damgage.
NBA is dead

Lake Forest, CA

#25 Jun 19, 2007
One more Spurs final and the NBA is going to be down on the level of the NHL or the XFL or the USFL. Somebody shoot me.
PISTON

State College, PA

#26 Jun 21, 2007
NBA is dead wrote:
One more Spurs final and the NBA is going to be down on the level of the NHL or the XFL or the USFL. Somebody shoot me.
I'll put my finger in the barrel for ya. Someone will step up next year.
Deb S

Kent, OH

#27 Jun 21, 2007
Not sure where all this hatred for the Spurs is coming from. They had to beat good teams to arrive at the finals. Is it because some of you wanted Lakers or Suns to make it to the championship? I'm kind of tired of watching them play all the time in post season too. If not, who DID you want to be there? The Jazz were a breath of fresh air, but the better team won. Would have been interesting to see Cavs play the Jazz at the end. Carlos told us he loved Cleveland and left.(A syndrome in more than 1 sport we can not escape here). Who did you all want to represent the west? Let's hear from Rochester, NY, Lake Forest, CA, Portersideling, Pa, Jersey City, NJ and of course, Mr. Detroit.
The Wrath of Kahn

Lake Forest, CA

#28 Jun 21, 2007
Deb S wrote:
Not sure where all this hatred for the Spurs is coming from. They had to beat good teams to arrive at the finals. Is it because some of you wanted Lakers or Suns to make it to the championship? I'm kind of tired of watching them play all the time in post season too. If not, who DID you want to be there? The Jazz were a breath of fresh air, but the better team won. Would have been interesting to see Cavs play the Jazz at the end. Carlos told us he loved Cleveland and left.(A syndrome in more than 1 sport we can not escape here). Who did you all want to represent the west? Let's hear from Rochester, NY, Lake Forest, CA, Portersideling, Pa, Jersey City, NJ and of course, Mr. Detroit.
I'd rather clean out a closet than watch a Spurs Cavs game. I don't owe it to them to love them because they earned it. It's boring basketball.
Deb S

Kent, OH

#29 Jun 22, 2007
The Wrath of Kahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'd rather clean out a closet than watch a Spurs Cavs game. I don't owe it to them to love them because they earned it. It's boring basketball.
So, you don't love the game of basketball or appreciate what it takes for a team to get to post season? Are you a Laker fan? Is that what you consider exciting basketball? Just trying to understand someone elses logic. Not picking on the Lakers or any other team. Are the Lakers and Spurs considered rivals out there in California? I was harder on the Pistons because of their rivalry with the Cavs. Got to go to work..........
Kobe

Lake Forest, CA

#30 Jun 22, 2007
Deb S wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you don't love the game of basketball or appreciate what it takes for a team to get to post season? Are you a Laker fan? Is that what you consider exciting basketball? Just trying to understand someone elses logic. Not picking on the Lakers or any other team. Are the Lakers and Spurs considered rivals out there in California? I was harder on the Pistons because of their rivalry with the Cavs. Got to go to work..........
Hate the Lakers (since Kobe got to town). I appreciate basketball, but I don't like totals around 140 points. Good d, Yeah yeah.... yawn.
Cowboy

Solana Beach, CA

#31 Jun 26, 2007
Basketball fans tend to get hooked on teams that demonstrate finesse, their super stars normally run up and down the court shooting the ball at will, taking it to the hoop from half-court, throwing up ally-ops, etc., however it doesn’t necessarily take 210 points to make a game, to me such a high point deficit only indicates that the teams had a poor defensive scheme. The game of basketball is a game of fundamentals and discipline of which not every coach in the league is capable of teaching, in turn not every player is willing to learn them either, that’s why every off season teams search for players that can possibly help their organization get a little closer to Larry (O’Brian). Boring is what the San Antonio Spurs are called, however have you actually seen them play and execute, especially their ball movement before taking a shot? Man it seems every player on the Spurs team touches the ball before the open man takes the shot!! Call it precision or agility, take your pick? What about the discipline displayed by players such as Manu Ginobili who is the only player in basketball history to have won the Euro League, an Olympic gold medal, and has two NBA Championship rings? This past season he served as the sixth man on the roster, yet any other super star of his caliber would have told his coach to kiss his rings.

To me boring are those teams whose super stars rarely pass the ball, they run up and down the court without getting their teammates involved (so I’m stuck watching one guy make every plays rather than watching a team execute), these players only care about themselves and their numbers, and then when the playoffs arrive they can’t understand why teammates can’t support their play. I’ll tell you why, because during the regular season the team never learned how to work together, very simple; no fundamentals and no discipline!!

It was demonstrated in games one and two of the Finals that the Spurs could have easily ran up the score on the Cleveland Cavilers but why add insult to injury besides it’s called sportsmanship!!
omar

Sumter, SC

#32 Jun 26, 2007
PISTON wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, you gotta point. Put Shaq in there, he can still do sum damgage.
i belive if shaq was on our team we wouldof won it last year..cavs and shaq..we wouldnt got past the pistons bc we barley lost then heat prolly wouldnt even had ben there if it wasnt for shaq so tats out of the question..and the mavericks??no question..that wouldof ben a title..bold statement but i truly think that..an this year we wouldof won it or went to game seven..bc all the games were close..an we didnt even have our second best player on the floor the whole series..then throw shaq in there?thats a ring...any good team that gets shaq has a real good chance of a ring
Deb S

Kent, OH

#33 Jun 26, 2007
Cowboy wrote:
Basketball fans tend to get hooked on teams that demonstrate finesse, their super stars normally run up and down the court shooting the ball at will, taking it to the hoop from half-court, throwing up ally-ops, etc., however it doesn’t necessarily take 210 points to make a game, to me such a high point deficit only indicates that the teams had a poor defensive scheme. The game of basketball is a game of fundamentals and discipline of which not every coach in the league is capable of teaching, in turn not every player is willing to learn them either, that’s why every off season teams search for players that can possibly help their organization get a little closer to Larry (O’Brian). Boring is what the San Antonio Spurs are called, however have you actually seen them play and execute, especially their ball movement before taking a shot? Man it seems every player on the Spurs team touches the ball before the open man takes the shot!! Call it precision or agility, take your pick? What about the discipline displayed by players such as Manu Ginobili who is the only player in basketball history to have won the Euro League, an Olympic gold medal, and has two NBA Championship rings? This past season he served as the sixth man on the roster, yet any other super star of his caliber would have told his coach to kiss his rings.
To me boring are those teams whose super stars rarely pass the ball, they run up and down the court without getting their teammates involved (so I’m stuck watching one guy make every plays rather than watching a team execute), these players only care about themselves and their numbers, and then when the playoffs arrive they can’t understand why teammates can’t support their play. I’ll tell you why, because during the regular season the team never learned how to work together, very simple; no fundamentals and no discipline!!
It was demonstrated in games one and two of the Finals that the Spurs could have easily ran up the score on the Cleveland Cavilers but why add insult to injury besides it’s called sportsmanship!!
Very well said. Can't say I totally agree. LB is SO not a ball hog. Even in high school he was getting his team involved before he needed to do WHATEVER it took to get the W. I never thought the Spurs were boring, but didn't it seem that Parker was a ball hog to you? What about games 3 and 4? Were Spurs just being nice in those games or was there something else in the mix?(like blown calls) Cavs have more sportsmanship than any team I've ever watched. Their only comments after those last 2 games were "we will get better". No finger pointing or whinning. I congratulated the Spurs and I look forward to seeing them in post season next year. A new rivalry begins! Got to love it.
Cowboy

Encinitas, CA

#34 Jun 27, 2007
Deb S wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said. Can't say I totally agree. LB is SO not a ball hog. Even in high school he was getting his team involved before he needed to do WHATEVER it took to get the W. I never thought the Spurs were boring, but didn't it seem that Parker was a ball hog to you? What about games 3 and 4? Were Spurs just being nice in those games or was there something else in the mix?(like blown calls) Cavs have more sportsmanship than any team I've ever watched. Their only comments after those last 2 games were "we will get better". No finger pointing or whinning. I congratulated the Spurs and I look forward to seeing them in post season next year. A new rivalry begins! Got to love it.
I wasn’t necessarily talking about Lebron James, just teams in general and as for Tony Parker; I won’t necessarily call him a ball hog because going into the series Coach Greg Popovich stated that he had given Parker the green light, meaning “Tony, our game plan for you is to take every possible shot, we (staff) feel that you can’t be stopped.” As I mentioned above the San Antonio Spurs are a very well discipline team, that’s why you don’t normally see them slamming the ball into the hoop. Players understand that if you go against Popovich’s game plan you’ll windup sitting on the bench.

You’re absolutely right and I totally agree that the Cleveland Cavilers displayed an admirable amount of sportsmanship. There was no crying on either side; no pointing fingers (a la Phoenix Suns), just two teams trying to reach their own goals, and all that can be attributed to both Coach Brown and Popovich. Now that the Cavilers have gotten a taste of the Finals, I have no doubt that they’ll be back next year. I personally feel that they need to fulfill two missing pieces to the puzzle before they win a championship.
Deb S

Kent, OH

#35 Jun 27, 2007
Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn’t necessarily talking about Lebron James, just teams in general and as for Tony Parker; I won’t necessarily call him a ball hog because going into the series Coach Greg Popovich stated that he had given Parker the green light, meaning “Tony, our game plan for you is to take every possible shot, we (staff) feel that you can’t be stopped.” As I mentioned above the San Antonio Spurs are a very well discipline team, that’s why you don’t normally see them slamming the ball into the hoop. Players understand that if you go against Popovich’s game plan you’ll windup sitting on the bench.

You’re absolutely right and I totally agree that the Cleveland Cavilers displayed an admirable amount of sportsmanship. There was no crying on either side; no pointing fingers (a la Phoenix Suns), just two teams trying to reach their own goals, and all that can be attributed to both Coach Brown and Popovich. Now that the Cavilers have gotten a taste of the Finals, I have no doubt that they’ll be back next year. I personally feel that they need to fulfill two missing pieces to the puzzle before they win a championship.
You're right, Cavs were not talking any trash all through out post season. SI had an artiicle about all the contenders possibly to go up against the Spurs next year. I knew about the contracts that were questionable (Z's, Larrys' Donyell's and Damon's), and it said that if the "cap room" could be cleared, Cavs should try to sign Mo Williams(point guard) and Jason Kapono(shooter) as free agents. Also saying, Danny Gibson is a shooter in a point's body. What do you think about these ideas? I do not know alot about Williams and Kapono.
PISTON

State College, PA

#36 Jun 27, 2007
omar wrote:
<quoted text>
i belive if shaq was on our team we wouldof won it last year..cavs and shaq..we wouldnt got past the pistons bc we barley lost then heat prolly wouldnt even had ben there if it wasnt for shaq so tats out of the question..and the mavericks??no question..that wouldof ben a title..bold statement but i truly think that..an this year we wouldof won it or went to game seven..bc all the games were close..an we didnt even have our second best player on the floor the whole series..then throw shaq in there?thats a ring...any good team that gets shaq has a real good chance of a ring
Honestly, you just need a decent center. Once that happens you'll be basking in titles.
Deb S

Kent, OH

#37 Jun 27, 2007
PISTON wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, you just need a decent center. Once that happens you'll be basking in titles.
SI says that if the Suns offer the Pistons Marion for Rasheed "do the deal". Saying that Sheed is a great teammate, but the reality is that he's a divisive force. Also, that Chauncey (although mediocre in finals) still provides the mojo! A combo of Marion, Maxiell and the 15th pick can replace him. Can you beleive that it will take 3 to replace 1???
Cowboy
#38 Jun 28, 2007
Deb S wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, Cavs were not talking any trash all through out post season. SI had an artiicle about all the contenders possibly to go up against the Spurs next year. I knew about the contracts that were questionable (Z's, Larrys' Donyell's and Damon's), and it said that if the "cap room" could be cleared, Cavs should try to sign Mo Williams(point guard) and Jason Kapono(shooter) as free agents. Also saying, Danny Gibson is a shooter in a point's body. What do you think about these ideas? I do not know alot about Williams and Kapono.
Can’t really say, the NBA draft is going down and there’s too much negotiating going on right now that we fans won’t totally understand (contract wise) until the dust settles down. However, I still say the Cleveland Cavilers need at the most two players, one to immediately start and the other to possibly come off the bench and provide some firepower.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Duncan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heat, not Spurs, is early favorite to win 2015 ... (Jun '14) Jul '14 ing 4
News Charles Barkley praises Dallas women while pick... (May '14) May '14 Raquel 1
News Knicks looking for hometown discount from Anthony (Apr '14) Apr '14 Aldridge 1
News Spurs crush Knicks 120-89, win 4th straight (Nov '13) Nov '13 Knicks Dude 1
News NBA Finals: After pushing Heat to the brink, Sp... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
News Spo and Pop: The coaching matchup in the NBA Fi... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 3
News For Spurs and Heat, the NBA Finals can be memor... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
More from around the web