Spurs: Quiet, confident -- Sports, Am...

Spurs: Quiet, confident -- Sports, Amway Arena, Orlando Magic

There are 19 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 25, 2008, titled Spurs: Quiet, confident -- Sports, Amway Arena, Orlando Magic. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

This is what the Orlando Magic want to be -- to look like -- when they grow up. The defending champion San Antonio Spurs happily have been lost in the hype over the improved Lakers , the changing Suns, the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Travis UHS

Orlando, FL

#2 Mar 25, 2008
The magic are in a daze right now. SVG has to wake his players up and motivate them i feel lke the magic's attitude is they have the ability to turn it on at any time which is a dangerous way of playing especially with the playoffs so close. Dwight has lost his fire as he is allowing the offensive end to dictate what he does on the defensive end. The point guard situation obviously isnt a good one yet we have one so many games because of dwight's defense. If he defense the painted area it's hard for teams to score. Tonight will be of great importance to the magic as they have to ahve the confidence that they can beat a team like the spurs down the stretch with the playoffs so close. I have the magic winning just because i feel dwight will bounce back and have a monster game on both sides of the court
LMAO

AOL

#3 Mar 25, 2008
You know. I love this article! All the things that it says about the Spurs, well, their name could be replaced and filled in with JJREDICK!
Yes, a quiet, confident winner and champion in a swirling sea of mouthy, overpaid, journeyman players and mediocre Management and Coachs that are not nor never have been winners.
Like JJ and the Spurs are.
Good Luck to the Magic tonight but I know I'm wasting my typing skills.
Spurs by at least 12 points!
Radu

Romania

#4 Mar 25, 2008
Bud, it's time to stfu.
East3 vs West6

AOL

#5 Mar 25, 2008
After what the Magic did for me on my last two picks, losing with both the Hawks and the Wizards,games that I said they would win.
Well, not tonight. I'm picking the Spurs to win very easily of the Magic.
Besides, the Spurs at # 6 in the west is like being # 1 in the east this year.
no turnovers

Altamonte Springs, FL

#6 Mar 25, 2008
If the Magic can keep their turnovers to a minimum, they will win this game... take care of the ball and hustle on D... that's all they have to do and of course it's easier said than done.

GO MAGIC!!
LMAO

AOL

#7 Mar 25, 2008
Hallo to you Raduspagetti man from 3rd world area. It makes me very, very happy that you are able to obtain electric power and can afford the computer too.
I know that it is hard living for you and I hope the best for you.
I hope for you that you never have to go to the Romainia Prisons. If you do let me know ok. As I have help there from a man named Traian Baseu. He is a big JJ fan and emails us a lot.
As far as the stfu thingy, i'm sorry for you if you caught that terrible Romainian disease.
I do not know any Romainian doctors to help you. So if you become an invalid from it feel free to post on here and I'm sure everyone will try to help you out and send some Lei to help you.
Good Luck!
Magic2008

AOL

#8 Mar 25, 2008
Write it down, note my name, and watch the game; the Magic will win tonight. The game will be decided in the 3rd quarter and the Magic will take this one at their home court.

Although I have posted that Dwight needs to wake up, he will tonight. Magic shooting will be on point and Jameer's game will be the deciding factor. He won't score a lot of points, but all other areas will be there.

Magic win vs. Spurs.
Supersport

United States

#9 Mar 25, 2008
I say Magic by 2 points, it will be a close and exciting one to watch! Let's go Hedo!
JOHNCENA

Deva, Romania

#10 Mar 25, 2008
LMAO, sorry for you.But when you say something bad about my country i must retaliate.
First of all you're just a stupid f..k who has no ideea about geography or anything.Look at your dement people that you have in your country ( not everybody),dement children who shoot their teachers,their friends,WTC and a lot of other bad things.Do u must tell you, that you have too areas without electricity ?You should know better, because you're just a peasent with snickers sitting on the porch, you stupid f..k
Phill

AOL

#11 Mar 25, 2008
I would really like to watch the game tonite. Then I painfully remember that Brighthouse and FSN have made zero visible efforts to work out the problems that keep the Magic off the air. Of equal sad interest is the fact that we are apparently getting so used to being screwed and abused (e.g. gas prices) the American consumer seems to have lost the ability to sustain outrage at anyhting. So so sad. It sucks I can't watch the Magic tonite. Now I'm beginning to wonder if there is any chance I'll get to see all the games NEXT YEAR! And what about the playoffs? Is Brighthouse going to screw us there too?
Feijoo- Aibonito

Juana Diaz, Puerto Rico

#12 Mar 25, 2008
The Magic wonŽt have an answer for 3 guys Timmy D, The Argentinian Assasin, and the French Hit Man.

1.Tim Duncan will find a way to compete an take to school Dwight Howard because he has the inside out game to do it. I hope that Howard shows some fire tonight against the best 4 of all time if we have a chance to win.

2. Mo Evans and Bogans will have their hands full trying to contain the crafty Manu Ginobili(who torched Dallas on Sunday).enough said..

3. And then there is Parker in my eyes the most underrated PG in the league despite the fact that he was the MVP of the NBA finals...so sad. He is the fastest PG in the league, he can irritate the oposing PGS just by his relentless agression to the hoop. Jammer Nelson has showed difficulty stoping bigger and faster PGs and this is one of the best. Dooling will try to look defensive but I really think no one can stop Parker one on one.Arroyo will(Play poker with JJ on the bench..relax(you wont be on a Tony Parker highlight).

And then there are our big three.
Shard,Hedo,D-12.
If they come ready to play, San Antonio will have their hands full trying to contain these very multifaceted guys, because they can do it all. I Hope for a Magic victory and I hope that we come with the same energy that we showed against Philly(beated Boston last night), and then weŽll have a chance.
Bob Loblaw

Athens, TN

#13 Mar 25, 2008
LMAO wrote:
You know. I love this article! All the things that it says about the Spurs, well, their name could be replaced and filled in with JJREDICK!
Yes, a quiet, confident winner and champion in a swirling sea of mouthy, overpaid, journeyman players and mediocre Management and Coachs that are not nor never have been winners.
Like JJ and the Spurs are.
Good Luck to the Magic tonight but I know I'm wasting my typing skills.
Spurs by at least 12 points!
Lol, that was so stupid , it was funny.
Bob Loblaw

Athens, TN

#14 Mar 25, 2008
Feijoo- Aibonito wrote:
The Magic wonŽt have an answer for 3 guys Timmy D, The Argentinian Assasin, and the French Hit Man.
1.Tim Duncan will find a way to compete an take to school Dwight Howard because he has the inside out game to do it. I hope that Howard shows some fire tonight against the best 4 of all time if we have a chance to win.
2. Mo Evans and Bogans will have their hands full trying to contain the crafty Manu Ginobili(who torched Dallas on Sunday).enough said..
3. And then there is Parker in my eyes the most underrated PG in the league despite the fact that he was the MVP of the NBA finals...so sad. He is the fastest PG in the league, he can irritate the oposing PGS just by his relentless agression to the hoop. Jammer Nelson has showed difficulty stoping bigger and faster PGs and this is one of the best. Dooling will try to look defensive but I really think no one can stop Parker one on one.Arroyo will(Play poker with JJ on the bench..relax(you wont be on a Tony Parker highlight).
And then there are our big three.
Shard,Hedo,D-12.
If they come ready to play, San Antonio will have their hands full trying to contain these very multifaceted guys, because they can do it all. I Hope for a Magic victory and I hope that we come with the same energy that we showed against Philly(beated Boston last night), and then weŽll have a chance.
I agree with all except the first one. Dwight is way too athletic for Duncan. Duncan has more skills but wont be able to keep superman off the boards.
Cartmanesque

Satellite Beach, FL

#15 Mar 25, 2008
Radu wrote:
Bud, it's time to stfu.
Consider, he hates all Blacks, so watching Magic games, just praying for a chance to see JJ on the bench must be agony.

Being Bud must be agony. I pity the fool.
Luke

Spain

#16 Mar 25, 2008
Very good analysis!

Thinking about that, somewhere, somehow, we lost Mitchell another time.
And Philip too...

A doubt in my mind: are they the same person?

:=)
Feijoo- Aibonito wrote:
The Magic wonŽt have an answer for 3 guys Timmy D, The Argentinian Assasin, and the French Hit Man.
1.Tim Duncan will find a way to compete an take to school Dwight Howard because he has the inside out game to do it. I hope that Howard shows some fire tonight against the best 4 of all time if we have a chance to win.
2. Mo Evans and Bogans will have their hands full trying to contain the crafty Manu Ginobili(who torched Dallas on Sunday).enough said..
3. And then there is Parker in my eyes the most underrated PG in the league despite the fact that he was the MVP of the NBA finals...so sad. He is the fastest PG in the league, he can irritate the oposing PGS just by his relentless agression to the hoop. Jammer Nelson has showed difficulty stoping bigger and faster PGs and this is one of the best. Dooling will try to look defensive but I really think no one can stop Parker one on one.Arroyo will(Play poker with JJ on the bench..relax(you wont be on a Tony Parker highlight).
And then there are our big three.
Shard,Hedo,D-12.
If they come ready to play, San Antonio will have their hands full trying to contain these very multifaceted guys, because they can do it all. I Hope for a Magic victory and I hope that we come with the same energy that we showed against Philly(beated Boston last night), and then weŽll have a chance.

“If you say it, back it up”

Since: Jan 08

Ocoee, FL

#17 Mar 25, 2008
I just don't think the Magic are real motivated right now. Nothing really to play for until playoffs.

Over by 1/2 time.
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

#19 Mar 25, 2008
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! I dont hate ALL blacks!
I love you MR T!(your quote)
Most are in prisons anyway!
Remember Stymie of the Lil Rascals, and Mr Step 'n Fetchit and Mr Bo Jangles?
They were cool and had some intelligence.
Most in basketball make huge money for a black man. Then get a white wife and then cheat on them then get divorced and then they get into the ( I have more kids by more women than you do) na ne na ne na ne!
But on the other hand there's Hussein Obama, Harvard grad...and can talk in sentences and doesnt know who Kanye West or Jay Z are.
Nevermind all that. I like this one guy that waits my table at my Fav restaurant! He's black and I can understand every word he says! So There!(and I tip him):)
As far as you go RaduCena...It's a sad, sad thing for you to have to live there and I wish you the best and hope someday you can come to AMERIKA and be a Romanian Prince in the USA. Meet Cindyrella at Disney and get married and use her stepmother and wicked sisters as your servants!
:)
Keep the dream alive!
"Coming to AmeriKa!"
Oh and by the way...I know everything that is to be known about Geography!
dude just shut up while your ahead. racist.
LMAO

AOL

#20 Mar 25, 2008
:)
Cowboy

United States

#21 Mar 26, 2008
Magic2008 wrote:
Write it down, note my name, and watch the game; the Magic will win tonight. The game will be decided in the 3rd quarter and the Magic will take this one at their home court.
Although I have posted that Dwight needs to wake up, he will tonight. Magic shooting will be on point and Jameer's game will be the deciding factor. He won't score a lot of points, but all other areas will be there.
Magic win vs. Spurs.
Took your advice and wrote your name down, didn’t watch the game because it wasn’t televised in my area, however I did catch the highlights on ESPN. So here's some friendly advice from me to you, keep your day job, do not move to Vegas to become a sport analyst or a bookie, you will go hungry if you do. Go Spurs Go!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Duncan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heat, not Spurs, is early favorite to win 2015 ... (Jun '14) Jul '14 ing 4
News Charles Barkley praises Dallas women while pick... (May '14) May '14 Raquel 1
News Knicks looking for hometown discount from Anthony (Apr '14) Apr '14 Aldridge 1
News Spurs crush Knicks 120-89, win 4th straight (Nov '13) Nov '13 Knicks Dude 1
News NBA Finals: After pushing Heat to the brink, Sp... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
News Spo and Pop: The coaching matchup in the NBA Fi... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 3
News For Spurs and Heat, the NBA Finals can be memor... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
More from around the web