Celtics wanted it more, but don't blame Flip Saunders for latest playoff loss

May 25, 2008 Full story: Detroit Free Press

Boston didn't get the memo. Gate crashers! Party poopers! According to the prepared script, Saturday was supposedly Detroit's night -- one of those rare opportunities to bask in the envious tears of the rest of ...

Full Story
Gavin Policarpio

Australia

#1 May 25, 2008
Why not blame Flip? He's the think engine of the Pistons team! I'm upset because he doesn't know how to make adjustments. Why Flip didn't use his bench when his starters are out of sync? Why not Jarvis Hayes, Afflalo and crew. When you see your starters not playing then you nedd to inject players who are dying to play and have nothing to lose..Look at Phil Jackson or Larry brown or Popovich! These great coaches look at their bench when they are in trouble for sparks and hunger and energy.. This will then put an itch to their starters wanting to comeback on the floor and go for the kill. Look at how Boston using their bench!! Flip Saunder is there as the brain for this team. He should take risks and put trusts on all of his players and not blame his starters for performing poorly..After all he cannot be blmaed if they lose using his bench as everybody knows his starters are laying an egg!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tayshaun Prince Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No love for Pistons in 2013 NBA All-Star balloting (Dec '12) Dec '12 njneere 1
Allen Iverson and Rodney Stuckey: A Tale of Two... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Jewel Williams 1
Pistons' Jonas Jerebko hopeful he'll play this ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 jonas fan 1
Pistons report: Notes, quotes (Feb '11) Feb '11 Rey Buenabal 1
Dwight Howard: 'Guys got to guard on the perime... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Atl Gator 1
If Dallas Mavericks show interest in trading fo... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Israfil 1
NBA Trade Rumors: 10 Vital Moves For The Detroi... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Slapsie 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Tayshaun Prince People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••