Magic crush Raptors, win 5th consecut...

Magic crush Raptors, win 5th consecutive home game

There are 85 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 4, 2008, titled Magic crush Raptors, win 5th consecutive home game. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

One all-star big man was missing from a meaningful regular-season game on Tuesday, but fortunately for the Orlando Magic, it wasn't Dwight Howard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
NoFish

United States

#1 Mar 4, 2008
Nice, 16 games over .500 and the tie breaker against the raptors. Go Magic!

No JJ Reddick though...oh well.

Since: Mar 07

Palm Bay, FL

#2 Mar 4, 2008
That was a strange game. I thought Howard would get out to a big start with Bosh out.

Good thing he was just saving it for the 4th Q.
Cartmanesque

Satellite Beach, FL

#3 Mar 4, 2008
Good win... now let's take care of business and beat Washington. :-)
Chad

Makati, Philippines

#5 Mar 4, 2008
First!!! BOOMYA!!:) Anyway, great win for the Magic.. Sad that Bosh didn't play.. we could've walloped them with Bosh on.. I hate that dinosaur looking dude!!!
Skart

United States

#6 Mar 4, 2008
Magic looking hungry!! The pieces are falling into place and the fever is back. DWIGHT! TURK! RASHARD! hitting stride at the right time. go magic. get behind your team, orlando!!
Longtimefan

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Mar 4, 2008
GREAT WIN!!! Even if Bosh was out. Gotta still play and win! What happened to Redick? Thought you (Brian Schmitz) said he was going to play BIG minutes but he didn't play at all!!
Skart

United States

#8 Mar 4, 2008
Finally the Magic are looking to close out with authority. and no better time then now! kudos to jameer too... welcome back!
BILL FROM COLLEGE PARK

Plano, TX

#10 Mar 4, 2008
how large was the audience?

Since: Jun 07

Nanning, China

#11 Mar 4, 2008
Great win!! Now I take the time to remember Brett Farve, definitely one of the best quarterbacks of all time. I liked the way he went out, on top going to the NFC Championship game and just missing out on one last Super Bowl experience. Its too bad they just lost to NY in overtime, it showed he would have had a chance to beat New England. Imagine of all the positions in football a QB owning the most games in a row played. Unbelievable including all his other records. Thank you Brett for a great career. I hope in 12-15 years I will be able to say the same for Dwight. That he will spend his whole career here and bring us several NBA championships. Go Magic. Go Pack.
Jim

Monroe, LA

#12 Mar 4, 2008
Well I called this one folks. Another win at Amway with me in attendance. That makes the Magic 7 and 1 in games that I go to, including the last 6 in a row.
Dwight finally showed up in the fourth quarter to seal this victory. I thought with Bosh out that he would dominate this game. For some reason he just couldn't get into the flow of the game initially. But when he did it was total domination. Hedo was great again with 24 points. A good game for Lewis too as he scored 22.
Most important was the defense. Holding the Raptors to only 87 points and around 40 percent from the field was impressive. The Magic are undefeated this year when holding their opponents to 95 or fewer points.
So it was a good hard fought win in a game where DH struggled a little. Both Howard and the Magic showed a lot of resiliency in battling through for the victory.
Jim

Monroe, LA

#13 Mar 4, 2008
BILL FROM COLLEGE PARK wrote:
how large was the audience?
17,519 fans were in attendance.
Jim

Monroe, LA

#14 Mar 4, 2008
Nanningbob wrote:
Great win!! Now I take the time to remember Brett Farve, definitely one of the best quarterbacks of all time. I liked the way he went out, on top going to the NFC Championship game and just missing out on one last Super Bowl experience. Its too bad they just lost to NY in overtime, it showed he would have had a chance to beat New England. Imagine of all the positions in football a QB owning the most games in a row played. Unbelievable including all his other records. Thank you Brett for a great career. I hope in 12-15 years I will be able to say the same for Dwight. That he will spend his whole career here and bring us several NBA championships. Go Magic. Go Pack.
Nanningbob yes Favre was indeed one of the all time greats. Even though I am a Giants fan I always admired the way the guy carried himself both on and off the field. He is a total class act all the way around. Even I thought he would beat the Giants and go to the SuperBowl. The Giants surprised a lot of people this year.
The Magic kind of remind me of the New York Giants. No one gives them much respect or any kind of chance to defeat the top tier teams. I am not saying that the Magic will win it all this year. I am just pointing out that anything is possible. That is why you play the games.
As for Dwight Howard, he will one day be remembered as Favre is now. I believe he will go down in history as one of the best centers in the NBA. He will also collect a few rings on the way too.
VRL29

Asia/Pacific Region

#15 Mar 4, 2008
Chad wrote:
I hate that dinosaur looking dude!!!
i also look at him in the same way, even though i don't really know why :-)
DADGAD

Daytona Beach, FL

#16 Mar 5, 2008
Wil wrote:
Jameer is TRASH
send him to China, he can be a panda bear.
everytime he is in, the team is behind, get rid of that scum !
HAHAHA! "panda bear" Good one.
the turk

Bilecik, Turkey

#17 Mar 5, 2008
hedo the hero
DR T

Ocoee, FL

#18 Mar 5, 2008
Big win by the Magic. Also, I seem to remember 2 articles yesterday by the Sentinel's great beat writers about J.J. seeing "significant playing time" in the game last night. However, he didn't play at all last night. How can these guys be so misinformed?? Isn't it their job to know little inside info like this? After all these years, these guys don't know sh*t about the Magic.

Since: Mar 07

Winter Garden, FL

#19 Mar 5, 2008
DR T wrote:
Big win by the Magic. Also, I seem to remember 2 articles yesterday by the Sentinel's great beat writers about J.J. seeing "significant playing time" in the game last night. However, he didn't play at all last night. How can these guys be so misinformed?? Isn't it their job to know little inside info like this? After all these years, these guys don't know sh*t about the Magic.
No kidding. How can you call yourself a beat writer when you have ZERO inside info. And the info you do have is wrong.

Nanning, China

#20 Mar 5, 2008
DR T wrote:
If I want accurate information, I dont go to the Sentinel. Just look at their track record on Grant Hill.

Nanning, China

#21 Mar 5, 2008
Nanningbob wrote:
No one thought Green Bay was going to have the year they had. It was unbelievable. You want to know something scary ----- Green Bay had the youngest team in the NFL last year. Boy do they have a future. They also got a very good quarterback who is waiting for Brett to retire. Rodgers has the tools to be very good also and showed it in the Dallas game after Brett was hurt and was out before halftime. He almost brought the Pack back to win that one against one of the better defenses in the NFL. So I have my favorite two teams poised to make championship runs for the next several years. Its a great time to be alive. So we will be rivals at playoff time next year. Should be a good one. I would place my bets on them meeting again in the NFC finals next year too.

Nanning, China

#22 Mar 5, 2008
Oh Jim, one more thing, that was the first time in NFL history a team has beaten Green Bay in a championship game in Green Bay. It had never been done before. So the Giants killed several Goliaths in their championship run. They are a team to be respected as one of the great teams of all time. I think their run of beating the Cowboys in Dallas, the Packers first ever defeat in a home championship game and then knocking off the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl is the greatest playoff run in any sport at anytime. You have a lot to be proud of as a New York fan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

T.J. Ford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mavericks beat Spurs 101-100 in OT with Terry's 34 (Jan '12) Jan '12 ADonaldDuck 1
News Easy does it for Pop's Spurs (Dec '11) Dec '11 Ddown 1
News Heat fail at both ends against Pacers (Nov '10) Nov '10 Inconvenient Truth 1
News Baron Davis To Indiana Pacers? (Jun '10) Jun '10 papouch 1
News Andrew Bogut bounces back to score 21 points, h... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Real talk 1
News Roster shuffle a problem for Pacers (Jan '10) Jan '10 sec2no1 1
News Jim Litke: Gilbert Arenas' practical joke is ba... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Tiffany 3
More from around the web