Lakers' defense has been lacking

Full story: LA Daily News

It's all mental, according to Kobe Bryant. It's also all physical. And, well, you have to give the opponents credit, too.
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Dec 8, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
apujac

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

Judged:

fish need to be benched and start farmer. farmer is quicker and better guard than fish. he can shoot, guard, and drive to the basket with ease. fisher, on the other hand, will drive and more often than not, will not finish.
Fight On

Newbury Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

Fish has never been able to finish, but he's a smarter player than Farmar. Farmar has not proven that he's a good defender. He gets beat off the dribble just as much as Fish does. Until that changed, he won't be starting.
Coolwhip

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

yes
Coolwhip

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

What should be said about the Lakers is that they have the best offense in the league. Our defense on the other hand is lazy, but we are really good on defense when we want to be. Having said that, we will do great this regular season and dominate in the playoffs. Come Finals, however, we will have to play defense if we expect to beat the Celtics or Cavs or whoever we play. Offense is great, but defense wins championships.
Poiker

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

i have to disagree with u coolwhip. i dont think the lakers are good enough to win a championchip. so when they play the celtics on xmas day you will know just how bad the lakers are.
Coolwhip

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

So did anyone watch that crappy game last night between the Raiders and the Chargers. Yes it seems that the Raiders are the best High School in the nation. Al Davis is a joke, a miserable old man still living the glory days of the 70's and 80's now those were good football teams. If they have any chance to win again they must hire someone to kill Al Davis so that they can get a new owner in there who actually knows what they are doing. Oh, by the way, you suck Poiker.
Fight On

Camarillo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

Coolwhip wrote:
What should be said about the Lakers is that they have the best offense in the league. Our defense on the other hand is lazy, but we are really good on defense when we want to be. Having said that, we will do great this regular season and dominate in the playoffs. Come Finals, however, we will have to play defense if we expect to beat the Celtics or Cavs or whoever we play. Offense is great, but defense wins championships.
The Cavs record is a farce, they haven't beaten ANYONE of quality except Utah without Deron Williams.
The Lakers will be fine, it's hard to complain about 15-2.
Swett

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

apujac wrote:
fish need to be benched and start farmer. farmer is quicker and better guard than fish. he can shoot, guard, and drive to the basket with ease. fisher, on the other hand, will drive and more often than not, will not finish.
First of all, it's FARMAR! Secondly, Farmar is best with the second unit because he's most effective when creating steals and driving to the basket in the open court while Fisher is best with the starters because their approach is more methodical and triangle-oriented. You have to look at the big picture.
Wondering Joe the Plumber

Vacaville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

Like I mentioned before, Bynum or anyone who is in his age group do not deserve the kind of money he got for reconstruction his contract. Ever since, he has not shown any domination like he did the year before he got injured. He had to prove something to Kobe last year that he is a better center than Kobe thinks he is. He did that in some fashion and Kobe and the media agreed. This year, I have yet to see the hustle and domination that he is expected to display for all that money they're paying him. Kendrix Perkins is playing better than him and getting just a percentage of what he is getting and the Celtics are going to run over them the same way they did last year until Kobe speaks about him again.

“Just Another Day In Paradise”

Since: Oct 08

California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

Poiker wrote:
i have to disagree with u coolwhip. i dont think the lakers are good enough to win a championchip. so when they play the celtics on xmas day you will know just how bad the lakers are.
The Celtics SUCK!!

California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

Wondering Joe the Plumber wrote:
Like I mentioned before, Bynum or anyone who is in his age group do not deserve the kind of money he got for reconstruction his contract. Ever since, he has not shown any domination like he did the year before he got injured. He had to prove something to Kobe last year that he is a better center than Kobe thinks he is. He did that in some fashion and Kobe and the media agreed. This year, I have yet to see the hustle and domination that he is expected to display for all that money they're paying him. Kendrix Perkins is playing better than him and getting just a percentage of what he is getting and the Celtics are going to run over them the same way they did last year until Kobe speaks about him again.
Same goes for you....... the Celtics SUCK!!!
otutra

Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

lakers must play hard if they want d tropy or else cel will come back cos they play hard tough and rough trust me if u do 10yrs u previl
Fight On

Newbury Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

Another sorry a$$ game tonight, just like Indiana. Luckily Washington sucks more.

California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

Fight On wrote:
Another sorry **** game tonight, just like Indiana. Luckily Washington sucks more.
I am a huge Laker fan, but them blowing their big leads in the 4th quarter is REALLY getting OLD. They need to do something and fast!!
Pistons Eat Poop

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Revenge from the 2000 NBA finals baby!!!!!!!!!!
Pistons Eat Poop

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Fight On wrote:
Another sorry a$$ game tonight, just like Indiana. Luckily Washington sucks more.
And so does Detroit.
Pistons Eat Poop

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Coolwhip wrote:
So did anyone watch that crappy game last night between the Raiders and the Chargers. Yes it seems that the Raiders are the best High School in the nation. Al Davis is a joke, a miserable old man still living the glory days of the 70's and 80's now those were good football teams. If they have any chance to win again they must hire someone to kill Al Davis so that they can get a new owner in there who actually knows what they are doing. Oh, by the way, you suck Poiker.
I did, that game sucked. And dude no offense to you as a Raiders fan or anything. But in that game the Raiders looked worst then the Lions did on thanksgiving.

PS.
Al Davis does suck him Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder are the 3 biggest jokes as owners of any professional sports team. And I highly doubt either one of them ever gets another super bowl ring. But I wouldn't worry too much you Cally guys still do have your Lakers, Ducks, Dodgers and Angels.
Pistons Eat Poop

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Fight On wrote:
Fish has never been able to finish, but he's a smarter player than Farmar. Farmar has not proven that he's a good defender. He gets beat off the dribble just as much as Fish does. Until that changed, he won't be starting.
Screw you Fish sucks, he's old and slow. I'd take either TJ Ford, Jordan Farmar, J-Jack, or even Travis Deaner over him any day of the week.
Montebello man

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Swett wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, it's FARMAR! Secondly, Farmar is best with the second unit because he's most effective when creating steals and driving to the basket in the open court while Fisher is best with the starters because their approach is more methodical and triangle-oriented. You have to look at the big picture.
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.
Fight On

Camarillo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Jarrett Jack sucks, whoever mentioned him over Fish is high.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent T.J. Ford Discussions

Search the T.J. Ford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mavericks beat Spurs 101-100 in OT with Terry's 34 (Jan '12) Jan '12 ADonaldDuck 1
Easy does it for Pop's Spurs (Dec '11) Dec '11 Ddown 1
Heat fail at both ends against Pacers (Nov '10) Nov '10 Inconvenient Truth 1
Baron Davis To Indiana Pacers? (Jun '10) Jun '10 papouch 1
Andrew Bogut bounces back to score 21 points, h... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Real talk 1
Roster shuffle a problem for Pacers (Jan '10) Jan '10 sec2no1 1
Jim Litke: Gilbert Arenas' practical joke is ba... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Tiffany 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••