Real work against Hawks starts this w...

Real work against Hawks starts this weekend

There are 6 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 12, 2009, titled Real work against Hawks starts this weekend. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

After Dwyane Wade finished off the New York Knicks with his 55 points in Sunday's 122-105, the Miami Heat gathered in its locker room to watch the Toronto Raptors finish off the Philadelphia 76ers .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Erik Spoelstra

Adelaide, Australia

#1 Apr 13, 2009
i sincerely want to apologize to all heat fans for my severe mishandling of michael beasley. i am very sorry. i thought i knew what i was doing. obviously i didnt know what i was doing. i hope that all heat fans can forgive me. i also want to personally apologize to michael beasley. i am very sorry michael. i am very sorry that 12 rookies were getting more minutes than you. that is unforgiveable. you just came off the most incredible season in college history as a freshman, and i didnt do the right thing by you. you are an incredibly gifted basketball player, and yet i made you rot on the bench, while udonis haslem was getting 35 minutes a game. i hope you can forgive me michael. i promise i will make it up to you.
sincerely, erik spoelstra
Mickey Arison

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Apr 13, 2009
Erik Spoelstra wrote:
i sincerely want to apologize to all heat fans for my severe mishandling of michael beasley. i am very sorry. i thought i knew what i was doing. obviously i didnt know what i was doing. i hope that all heat fans can forgive me. i also want to personally apologize to michael beasley. i am very sorry michael. i am very sorry that 12 rookies were getting more minutes than you. that is unforgiveable. you just came off the most incredible season in college history as a freshman, and i didnt do the right thing by you. you are an incredibly gifted basketball player, and yet i made you rot on the bench, while udonis haslem was getting 35 minutes a game. i hope you can forgive me michael. i promise i will make it up to you.
I should have kept Pat Riley, btw, Erik, i thought they got rid of the concorde..you ran away to australia pretty quickly, now get back, and get ready for the playoffs (playoffs, dont talk about playoffs..oops, wrong sport, my bad)..and play Beasley, will ya.
Pat Riley

Boca Raton, FL

#3 Apr 13, 2009
Erik Spoelstra wrote:
Hey Erik, guess they don't play defense down under. Beasley is starting to pay attention but has still missed plays in both practice and games. Are you watching the same games I am. Last night the man he was guarding had about 6 easy dunks and layups, plus he was stripped making bone head plays. He is very cocky for a 20 year old and has a lot to learn before he is a starter.
OLD PRO

Delray Beach, FL

#4 Apr 13, 2009
Nice post but Mr Spo would NEVER admitt that he mishandled Beasley! Michael was in top form in the after game interview as well!!
michael beasley

Warsaw, IN

#6 Apr 13, 2009
i do not accept your apology.
i demand your resignation.

wait a minute, I'm on the phone.

(background)can you get me some more weed, man? get it!

ok, i'm back.

i want you to resign so's i can get me mo playin time.

good bye
The Real Erik S

Miami, FL

#8 Apr 13, 2009
@ fake Eric in Au

you sir are a moron

it takes more then talent alone to become great

you also have to have hunger and character

any player can score 20+ points on any given night

but only the great ones (Wade, LBJ, Kobe) can do it on every night

Thats what I and Mr. Riley are trying to teach the kid (Beasley)

In the NBA you have to work hard to EARN greatness ... is not just given to you

If you don't belive me just ask any of the great ones (Jordan, Bird, Magic)

Those guys worked their arsses off in the gym and practice and then they played their arsses off in the game

And thats all we want Michael to do ... because we too see how great he CAN BE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA lockout: Derek Fisher to play in 'Obama Cla... (Nov '11) Nov '11 scout 1
News A Heat run at Bulls' win record: 'Preposterous'... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Consolidator 1
News Hokies' Allen works his way through ups and downs (Feb '10) Feb '10 MikeC 1
News nightspots (May '09) May '09 F-BOMB 1
News Miami Heat's Michael Beasley, Mario Chalmers ea... (Apr '09) May '09 mydrick taylor 2
News Atlanta to be Heat's first-round opponent (Apr '09) Apr '09 Chuck 2
News Marion will play with broken nose (Nov '08) Nov '08 justsayin 2
More from around the web