Kings Comeback Falls Short to Rockets...

Kings Comeback Falls Short to Rockets 89-87

There are 19 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Feb 13, 2008, titled Kings Comeback Falls Short to Rockets 89-87. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

Steve Novak hit a 3-pointer with two seconds left to give the Houston Rockets their eighth straight win, 89-87 over the Sacramento Kings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

disgraced

Sacramento, CA

#1 Feb 13, 2008
the kings suck and need michael jordan to be their coach!
Brian

Modesto, CA

#2 Feb 14, 2008
disgraced wrote:
the kings suck and need michael jordan to be their coach!
The coach isn't the problem, I mean look at how many coaches have come and gone over the past 15 yrs. You said it right though the Kings REALLY suck. It's like watching a bunch of kids on the playground.
DALE

Fairfield, CA

#3 Feb 14, 2008
WHO CARES THEY ARE LITTLE SCHOOL KIDS.

“Listen up!”

Since: Sep 07

Rancho Cordova

#4 Feb 14, 2008
No consistency at all. That team needs a complete rebuild, there's not ONE player that I would be sad to see get traded. Not one.

Blow it up.

“Enough”

Since: Oct 07

Broderick

#5 Feb 14, 2008
Leeroy Kincaid wrote:
No consistency at all. That team needs a complete rebuild, there's not ONE player that I would be sad to see get traded. Not one.
Blow it up.
its obvious you never played any sports, stick to politics please, you lose creditabilty with these comments, im not a Kings Fan but they DO have alot of young talented players

“Listen up!”

Rancho Cordova

#6 Feb 14, 2008
haas73 wrote:
<quoted text>its obvious you never played any sports, stick to politics please, you lose creditabilty with these comments, im not a Kings Fan but they DO have alot of young talented players
Where did I say that they don't have young talent? What I SAID was that they are inconsistent and that there is NObody on the roster that I'd be disappointed to see leave via a trade. You know what a trade is, right? That's where we, supposedly, get talent for talent. You know, re-shape the roster. Petrie is good at doing that, and I trust him. Yes, we have talented pieces....pieces that don't fit together.

“Listen up!”

Rancho Cordova

#7 Feb 14, 2008
haas73 wrote:
<quoted text>its obvious you never played any sports, stick to politics please, you lose creditabilty with these comments, im not a Kings Fan but they DO have alot of young talented players
And yes, I have played sports. A lot of sports. It's obvious that you need a reading comprehension class. Simmer down. Is one of your boyfriends on the team or something? You're pretty defensive there, haas old boy.

“Enough”

Broderick

#8 Feb 14, 2008
Leeroy Kincaid wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes, I have played sports. A lot of sports. It's obvious that you need a reading comprehension class. Simmer down. Is one of your boyfriends on the team or something? You're pretty defensive there, haas old boy.
chess isnt a sport,even though id whoop ya in in that too lol actually i hate the Kings, but they do have some talent

“Enough”

Broderick

#9 Feb 14, 2008
Leeroy Kincaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that they don't have young talent? What I SAID was that they are inconsistent and that there is NObody on the roster that I'd be disappointed to see leave via a trade. You know what a trade is, right? That's where we, supposedly, get talent for talent. You know, re-shape the roster. Petrie is good at doing that, and I trust him. Yes, we have talented pieces....pieces that don't fit together.
see if you would have typed that the first time it would have been ok, they will make the playoffs next year though

“Listen up!”

Rancho Cordova

#10 Feb 14, 2008
haas73 wrote:
<quoted text>chess isnt a sport,even though id whoop ya in in that too lol actually i hate the Kings, but they do have some talent
Show me where I said that they had no talent.

C'mon. It's not a big thread.

“Enough”

Broderick

#11 Feb 14, 2008
Leeroy Kincaid wrote:
Blow it up.
when teams rebuild its cause why?? they have no talent, pretty simple stuff if you ask most people

“Listen up!”

Rancho Cordova

#12 Feb 14, 2008
haas73 wrote:
<quoted text>when teams rebuild its cause why?? they have no talent, pretty simple stuff if you ask most people
Not true. It takes more than talent to win a championship. Or are you saying that the most talented team always wins? You need pieces that fit, a combination of stars and role players. Chemistry is also important, but is sometimes overrated.

Some of the Kings players are talented but young. Experience may help, or it may not. With Artest, Salmons, and Garcia, we have 3 small forwards. We're weak at power forward. We need to shift our pieces and get add a superstar...someone that can create his own shot in the clutch, and we need to trade for,(or develop), a leader.

“Listen up!”

Rancho Cordova

#13 Feb 14, 2008
Typo:

"...and get add a superstar..."

should be:

"...and get,(or add), a superstar...."

“Enough”

Broderick

#14 Feb 15, 2008
Leeroy Kincaid wrote:
Typo:
"...and get add a superstar..."
should be:
"...and get,(or add), a superstar...."
i knew what you meant

“Listen up!”

Rancho Cordova

#15 Feb 15, 2008
haas73 wrote:
<quoted text>i knew what you meant
Just making sure.

What's your gut feeling about what Petrie's going to do before the trade deadline?

“Enough”

Broderick

#16 Feb 15, 2008
i think Artest/Bibby are gone, the only thing that might hold that up is they they are gonna want to get rid of Kenny Thomas but no one wants him and his bloated contract. As a Rocket fan I would love to have both Atest and Bibby on our team...

“Listen up!”

Rancho Cordova

#17 Feb 16, 2008
haas73 wrote:
i think Artest/Bibby are gone, the only thing that might hold that up is they they are gonna want to get rid of Kenny Thomas but no one wants him and his bloated contract. As a Rocket fan I would love to have both Atest and Bibby on our team...
Let's deal! Who will you give up? We'll take....Rick Adelman. Throw in Luis Scola, Shane Battier, and Rafer Alston,(guys that wouldn't play as much after you get Bibby and Artest). Deal?

“Enough”

Broderick

#18 Feb 16, 2008
that sounds good, rather give up Scola than Carl Landry

“Listen up!”

Rancho Cordova

#19 Feb 16, 2008
haas73 wrote:
that sounds good, rather give up Scola than Carl Landry
I'll contact Petrie.

{:<)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve Novak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Could the New York Knicks Acquire Rajon Rondo f... (Jun '13) Aug '13 Mike 11
News Could the New York Knicks Acquire Tyreke Evans ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The_Solution 6
News New York Knicks Making LeBron James Plans: Quen... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Heat Fan 2
News Starting James White Makes No Sense for New Yor... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Olufemi Ogunjana 4
News Knicks rally without Melo, beat Cavaliers 102-97 (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ginobili 5
News Schmeelk: Knicks Have Lost Their Way; Where's W... (Feb '13) Feb '13 eddie rodriguez 2
News Knicks Rumors: Kenyon Martin Perfect Fit for Te... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Ginobili 3
More from around the web