Donnie Walsh is the anti-Thomas

Donnie Walsh is the anti-Thomas

There are 21 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 20, 2009, titled Donnie Walsh is the anti-Thomas. In it, Newsday reports that:

One of the things I like best about Donnie Walsh is the fact he is not Isiah Thomas .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
joey

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Feb 20, 2009
donnie u are the man keep up the good work, and when the cavs loose in the first round this year and next lebron james will definitly be coming to new york i mean why wouldent u wanna go to new york it has the best of evrything
Championship

United States

#2 Feb 20, 2009
Finally a decent article by Barbara Barker
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#3 Feb 20, 2009
Let's remember that Donnie Walsh NEVER built a championship team in the 20+ years he was at Indiana...

I give him credit for dumping virtually every bad salaried player and being able to maintain a competitive team. That said, let's see what he does in 2010...
TERRY

Milford, PA

#4 Feb 20, 2009
It wasn't his fault that Indiana didn't win a championship.
Mafia Mike

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Feb 20, 2009
you said it, good article re great moves.
LIAM

Sanford, FL

#6 Feb 20, 2009
Championship wrote:
Was a decent article till the end where she had to throw in something about Arod and roids. zzzzzzzzzz

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#7 Feb 20, 2009
NYStateOfMind wrote:
Let's remember that Donnie Walsh NEVER built a championship team in the 20+ years he was at Indiana...
I give him credit for dumping virtually every bad salaried player and being able to maintain a competitive team. That said, let's see what he does in 2010...
And he may not bring a championship to NY. But if nothing else, we have a team that is fun to watch, and hopefully with better things to come. This team has come a long way in a short time
Hammer

Carrollton, TX

#8 Feb 20, 2009
I agree the Hughes & Wilcox additions improve the Knicks now & give Wilcox a chance to show he is mature & worth keeping as the Knicks build. As far as the Western Conference is concerned, have you forgotten about a team that plays in San Antonio. I like there chances in any 7 games series. That gives Bowen plenty of time to get in the head of Kobe, Odom, etc. Keep on eye the Spurs, they will surprise.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#9 Feb 20, 2009
It's all in the timing. YOu couldn't write this article after Walsh basically traded 20/10 Zach Randolph and NBA rebound leader For Tim Thomas and then accepted the trade before Mobley passed his physical. If fact, as I recall nothing much was said at all at time. NOW he pulls off a goood deal and he's a genius again.?!!

That said ..
I have to admit,good deal. Rose was only kept over Ewing Jr, because his contract was guranteed. Roberson was only on the team because they didn't want to have to play Marbury.

Hopefully Hughes eventually pushes Q-BRICK to the bench. Every one Chandler,Galinari, Arrignton,TT have been pulled from the starting lineup when they did not get results. Why is Q-BRICK insulated from being benched?

Did he tell D'Anto that he HAS to start him like Marbury did to Thomas?!
...just kidding ....

Wilcox could excel in this system.. if he can stay out of foul trouble

Location hidden

#10 Feb 20, 2009
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
And he may not bring a championship to NY. But if nothing else, we have a team that is fun to watch, and hopefully with better things to come. This team has come a long way in a short time
I hear you, but as for me I want more than Phoenix Suns-East, a team that is fun to watch but can't get out of the First round of the playoffs. I still get nervous when late in games the ball rotates to Jefferies for a mid range shot or needing Nate to be under control late in a game.... but... they're getting there and you can tell that they have each other's back on Def. now...

Location hidden

#11 Feb 20, 2009
Hammer wrote:
I agree the Hughes & Wilcox additions improve the Knicks now & give Wilcox a chance to show he is mature & worth keeping as the Knicks build. As far as the Western Conference is concerned, have you forgotten about a team that plays in San Antonio. I like there chances in any 7 games series. That gives Bowen plenty of time to get in the head of Kobe, Odom, etc. Keep on eye the Spurs, they will surprise.
The Lakers, Suns and the high scoring/profile teams get the ink.. but as long as Duncan is there, no one takes them for granted
Chris

Chicago, IL

#12 Feb 20, 2009
This article is rife with errors. No offense; I know the pace in a newsroom is fast-paced and hectic, but c'mon now, where are the copy editors?
Second paragraph, second sentence, you're missing a "was". "That's because Thomas WAS always going for the big move...."
Third paragraph, first sentence, Walsh is spelled "WASH" -- oops!
Fourth paragraph, first sentence, missing another "was" -- "Walsh WAS a wizard"
The following sentence, "borders" is spelled as "boarders" -- ouch!
Fifth paragraph, second sentence -- it's spelled "without" -- there's no space between the "with" and the "out".
Sixth paragraph, second sentence, you're missing an "a" -- "and getting A draft pick."
Yowzer
Peaceman

New York, NY

#13 Feb 20, 2009
Newsday is owned by Cablevision,

So are you! You name the trades Thomas made and
refer to them as assinine. Tell me, did you Love Shandon Anderson, Clarence Weatherspoon, Howard Eisley and Rick Van Horn? Please, write about something you know about..like Barbie dolls houses! You may be the worst writer in NY!
Peaceman

New York, NY

#14 Feb 20, 2009
Also Tootsie,
Walsh's Bust of our Lottery pick
# 6 Gallinari is evident that Walsh is
clueless and can't hold Thomas's jock
as a drafter.
Isiah Thomas

New York, NY

#15 Feb 20, 2009
Is your Husband Gay?
Test your Husband with this Quiz & See if He is Gay or Not.
Tiffany

United States

#16 Feb 20, 2009
isiah thomas looks gay,he be giving players a certain look,and donnie walsh is better than that perverted sexual harrassing dude,and then he over dosed and try to kill himself,whats good wit that?
sam

New York, NY

#17 Feb 21, 2009
Championship wrote:
if i closed my eyes & names weren't mentioned, i would've sworn that the knicks picked up stephon marbury rather than larry hughes.
re: d'antoni-walsh--no denying knicks are an easier team to watch--but,
marbury was mishandled & could've played for this team. now they have hughes-who supposedly carries the same disease as marbury. also roberson
was a mistake. galinari looks like a boy among men(though that could change). so, to compensate for marbury, they signed duhon, roberson & now hughes. this to pacify malik rose & q. rich.
i think the knicks would've been as good with marbury in the lineup. duhon makes a living with the pick & roll, so did marbury.
isiah thomas made many mistakes--but he did bring us crawford-randolph- lee-robinson & chandler.
along with mistakes:
q.rich--curry--james--jeffries --rose--
frye to name a few.
to sum it up.
had walsh stayed pat, the roster could've read as follows:
marbury
crawford
jeffries
lee
chandler
subs:
randolph
nate
q.rich
gallinari
is this team really better now?
sam

Samer

Mahwah, NJ

#18 Feb 21, 2009
Whatever you have to say agree or not, you still have to agree that this team is better than last year.
Already with 20+ games left in the schedule we are tied for last years wins :)
Plus we are under the cap for the 2010 free agent class which is good, while still being competitive.
Overall walsh improved us short term while not hurting our cap long term
Tiffany

United States

#19 Feb 21, 2009
thomas was nothing but a cancer coach

Location hidden

#20 Feb 23, 2009
Samer wrote:
Whatever you have to say agree or not, you still have to agree that this team is better than last year.
Already with 20+ games left in the schedule we are tied for last years wins :)
Plus we are under the cap for the 2010 free agent class which is good, while still being competitive.
Overall walsh improved us short term while not hurting our cap long term
exceeding last years record of 23 wins should not be seen as a accomplishment. If Bosh is the 2nd tier 2010 FA's after Lebron, from what we saw the last 2 games, I don''t see him as a franchise changer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephon Marbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Knicks: 7 Worst Decisions in the James... (Mar '13) Mar '13 campo 1
News Isiah Thomas joins NBA TV as studio analyst (Dec '12) Dec '12 Tom 1
News Team USA, and Carmelo Anthony, dominates Nigeri... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sammy 34
News Allen Iverson hopes to play in China (Apr '12) Apr '12 Somalisthefuture 3
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Knicks Fan Stephon Marbury: Ita s a a Matter of... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Sick Of All the B... 1
News Manager: Iverson considers playing overseas (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bill R 1
More from around the web