Stephon Marbury could be headed to th...

Stephon Marbury could be headed to the Boston Celtics

There are 167 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 2, 2009, titled Stephon Marbury could be headed to the Boston Celtics. In it, Newsday reports that:

Embattled Knicks guard Stephon Marbury , who has not played a New York minute this season, may find his way onto the roster of the reigning NBA Champion Boston Celtics , according to a report on ESPN.com. The ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Honch

Nesconset, NY

#1 Jan 2, 2009
His head looks like a light bulb.
LIAM

Plano, TX

#2 Jan 2, 2009
I say don't buy him out period.
Harvey

Morristown, NJ

#3 Jan 2, 2009
if i have nothing nice to say - i wont say anything at all.... there all animals
Jim

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Jan 2, 2009
Why would Boston want that malcontent???

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#5 Jan 2, 2009
This would be the most poetic ending to this whole sorry mess. Steph goes to a contender and ends up in the fianls while the Knicks play for lottery position by March. It will also confirm that the rest of the NBA doesn't buy the Knick propaganda that they rather continue to lose winnable games and that a FA like Lebron will want leave his title contending team in Cleveland that can defend and rebound, to take the Knicks money to play with guys like Tim Thomas and Harrington who want to shoot outside all night

..... no different than the much criticized Crawford and Zach. At least Zach TRIED to rebound (10 per). The future that they are building for is lottery picks for the next 5 years....
Todd Schuster

New York, NY

#6 Jan 2, 2009
we can't get this loser out of here fast enough. Let him be a cancer in Beantown for the hated Celtics.
what the

Hicksville, NY

#7 Jan 2, 2009
Todd Schuster wrote:
we can't get this loser out of here fast enough. Let him be a cancer in Beantown for the hated Celtics.
Hated Celtics, you got to be kidding? And it's so sad you love the Knicks.
phill

New York, NY

#8 Jan 2, 2009
I can't wait till He signs with Boston... He'll show all U haters what this team has been missin out on... Give the man his money & let him go play for a real team!!! Just let me know when we'll send D-Lee packing{lol}!!!! He's a BUM!!!!! Try & get Brad Miller from the Kings... Marbury with a ring representing BROOKLYN!!! HI HATERS!!!!
what the

Hicksville, NY

#9 Jan 2, 2009
Dolan's dummies are the folks that follow this family and their mis-management and then actualy complain when the product socks. Knicks, Rangers,Snewsday,Clearview Cinemas,
Radio City. All have suffered loss
of stature under the father/son management
Better Than You

Mamaroneck, NY

#10 Jan 2, 2009
Starbury drserves to be part of the best team. He's been shafted and abused. Free the man~!
jethro

United States

#11 Jan 2, 2009
good move for all!
Todd Schuster

New York, NY

#12 Jan 2, 2009
To what the I am a Knicks fan sad to say. Red Holzman & Dave DeBusschere are probably turning over in their graves seeing what the Knicks have become over the past several years. Long live the days of Ewing, Starks, LJ, Earl the Pearl, Dollar Bill & Willis Reed. MSG is a joke
HarleyRider

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jan 2, 2009
Drew Brown Bundini wrote:
This would be the most poetic ending to this whole sorry mess. Steph goes to a contender and ends up in the fianls while the Knicks play for lottery position by March. It will also confirm that the rest of the NBA doesn't buy the Knick propaganda that they rather continue to lose winnable games and that a FA like Lebron will want leave his title contending team in Cleveland that can defend and rebound, to take the Knicks money to play with guys like Tim Thomas and Harrington who want to shoot outside all night
..... no different than the much criticized Crawford and Zach. At least Zach TRIED to rebound (10 per). The future that they are building for is lottery picks for the next 5 years....
Will Thomas and Harrington still be under contract in 2010?
Tiffany

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#14 Jan 2, 2009
yeeesssiirr,hes gonna get his first ring,thats whats up
Knicks Fixer

Levittown, NY

#15 Jan 2, 2009
Walsh is rebuilding the Knicks smartly although his pick of Gallinari does not look good thus far.

He unloaded the 2 biggest salaries that carried over into 2011, picked the right coach who can attract the big FAs of 2010, and stood by his coach when he handled Marbury.

Look at the development of David Lee, Nate Robinson, Wilson Chandler and Chris Duhon under D'Antoni. Add Lebron James and a big like Bosh or Stoudemire to that core in 2011 and supplement that with 2-3 other parts (perhaps Gallinari develops by then) and you have a championship caliber team at that point.

If I was the Knicks I'd prefer to be in the lottery this year. Then use 2010 to get better, develop this nucleus, get to 40 wins next season, have the cap space to sign any two players (Lebron and whoever Lebron wants) and 40 wins becomes 60-65 wins in 2011.

I am the Knicks Fixer.
Knicks Fixer

Levittown, NY

#16 Jan 2, 2009
I also want to trade Jared Jeffries. Perhaps Atlanta could use the big body and give the Knicks the 2 year waste contract that is Speedy Claxton. This would help both teams and the salaries matchup. it would free 6 mill more for 2011.

KF wants

Location hidden

#17 Jan 2, 2009
HarleyRider wrote:
<quoted text>
Will Thomas and Harrington still be under contract in 2010?
doesn't matter. Cleveland is considered one of 3 teams with a good chance of winning a title, along with the Celtics and Lakers. To think Lebron would leave a contender for a rebuilding team....
Even if they sign 2 FA's in 2010,the core is weak and the players with a defensive mindset like Balkman are traded away
HarleyRider

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Jan 2, 2009
phill wrote:
I can't wait till He signs with Boston... He'll show all U haters what this team has been missin out on... Give the man his money & let him go play for a real team!!! Just let me know when we'll send D-Lee packing{lol}!!!! He's a BUM!!!!! Try & get Brad Miller from the Kings... Marbury with a ring representing BROOKLYN!!! HI HATERS!!!!
Steph is a superstar, and D-Lee is a bum? then why is it we can't GIVE marbury away, yet in every trade talks that the knicks are in, everybody wants D-Lee?

Location hidden

#19 Jan 2, 2009
Knicks Fixer wrote:
Walsh is rebuilding the Knicks smartly although his pick of Gallinari does not look good thus far.
He unloaded the 2 biggest salaries that carried over into 2011, picked the right coach who can attract the big FAs of 2010, and stood by his coach when he handled Marbury.
Look at the development of David Lee, Nate Robinson, Wilson Chandler and Chris Duhon under D'Antoni. Add Lebron James and a big like Bosh or Stoudemire to that core in 2011 and supplement that with 2-3 other parts (perhaps Gallinari develops by then) and you have a championship caliber team at that point.
If I was the Knicks I'd prefer to be in the lottery this year. Then use 2010 to get better, develop this nucleus, get to 40 wins next season, have the cap space to sign any two players (Lebron and whoever Lebron wants) and 40 wins becomes 60-65 wins in 2011.
I am the Knicks Fixer.
ONe major flaw in the plan, Name one major Free Agent that thinks D'anton's style can win a NBA title. when the KNicks have been in the lottery,they seem to always get the 6th pick when there are 5 stars in the draft. Say Lebron gets to the finals this year or next... you REALLY think he would leave the Cavs for the Knicks?!! to play with their two lottery picks from 2008 and 2009 and 2010 ...???

other than waiting for the Celtics to get old, this is not plan
Tiffany

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#20 Jan 2, 2009
stephon is gonna start,cuz rajon is a good player but stephon is better,so as soon as he comes he will be put in the startin line up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephon Marbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Knicks: 7 Worst Decisions in the James... (Mar '13) Mar '13 campo 1
News Isiah Thomas joins NBA TV as studio analyst (Dec '12) Dec '12 Tom 1
News Team USA, and Carmelo Anthony, dominates Nigeri... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sammy 34
News Allen Iverson hopes to play in China (Apr '12) Apr '12 Somalisthefuture 3
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Knicks Fan Stephon Marbury: Ita s a a Matter of... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Sick Of All the B... 1
News Manager: Iverson considers playing overseas (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bill R 1
More from around the web