Marbury contributes in debut with Cel...

Marbury contributes in debut with Celtics

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 28, 2009, titled Marbury contributes in debut with Celtics. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Knicks may have not seen the last of Stephon Marbury . Two days after reaching a buyout agreement with the Knicks, Marbury was back on the basketball court Friday night with the Boston Celtics .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

PJM

Hackensack, NJ

#1 Feb 28, 2009
Why wouldn't he play for the knicks?
Great game

Forest Hills, NY

#2 Feb 28, 2009
Great game ......... in Boston.

I got NBA League Pass just in time to watch Marbury get a standing ovation when he entered the game.

Said Rivers, "In the second half, he was terrific. You could see his basketball IQ. Our bigs have to get their hands ready on pick-and-rolls. I mean, he handcuffed them about three or four times because they just weren't expecting the ball.

"But what I was impressed with was where [Marbury] found Ray [Allen, who scored 30 points]. He not only got it to him but he got it to him right in rhythm. You could see that's just from being a point guard. It's nice when you have Rondo doing that and Steph doing that now, and having Ray and Eddie on the floor was huge because they spread the floor and it just really worked. And it's just going to keep getting better and you could see that."
knickfan33

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Feb 28, 2009
marbury looked real nice yesterday. we shoulda gave him a chance this year. the way he ran up and down the court looked like his 1st year in new york where he was driving it toe whole knockin jumpers and was in the flow of the offense the celetics got a great pick up. you cant question his talent
NYStateOfMind

Ridgewood, NY

#4 Feb 28, 2009
knickfan33 wrote:
marbury looked real nice yesterday. we shoulda gave him a chance this year. the way he ran up and down the court looked like his 1st year in new york where he was driving it the hole knocking jumpers and was in the flow of the offense the celtics got a great pick up. you can't question his talent
Steph had his chance when D'Antoni offered him the 2 guard starting position for this season and he turned it down...

That said, I'd like to see Steph do well for the Celtics. He could very well be the difference for Boston to repeat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephon Marbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Knicks: 7 Worst Decisions in the James... (Mar '13) Mar '13 campo 1
News Isiah Thomas joins NBA TV as studio analyst (Dec '12) Dec '12 Tom 1
News Team USA, and Carmelo Anthony, dominates Nigeri... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sammy 34
News Allen Iverson hopes to play in China (Apr '12) Apr '12 Somalisthefuture 3
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Knicks Fan Stephon Marbury: Ita s a a Matter of... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Sick Of All the B... 1
News Manager: Iverson considers playing overseas (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bill R 1
More from around the web