Despite Knicks' woes, New York still ...

Despite Knicks' woes, New York still has allure for players

There are 7 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 22, 2009, titled Despite Knicks' woes, New York still has allure for players. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Tonight when the Orlando Magic take on the New York Knicks , they will be making their final visit this season to one of the league's most hallowed arenas, Madison Square Garden .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

MCJ

Winter Park, FL

#1 Mar 23, 2009
The thing that folks outside of NY do not understand is the passion the fans have for a winner. It has been so long for basketball that we tend to overlook the fact that if you DO win in NY, you will be immortalized forever. Just ask Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, or Bill Bradley. All are STILL worshipped in NY. Even after the 36 years that you speak of. Nate Robinson gets a giant billboard in Manhattan for just winning the slam dunk contest. Imagine what will happen when the day finally comes (and it will) when a Knick team brings home a championship. I don't know about you, but if I'm a player, being part of that is something to think about come free agent time.

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#2 Mar 23, 2009
Sure but if you are mediocre they will BOO you out of the arena.
Every newspaper is looking for dirt on you is like living under a microscope.
In other words you better be a superstar.
Aron

Sanford, FL

#3 Mar 23, 2009
Yeah it's a nice city, but it would be tough to live and play there. Robert said it right, under a microscope. I still think they will land someone (or two) in 2010. I hope they get King James, it would be a nice lift for NY. I actually have felt bad for them since Patrick left years ago.
Jim

United States

#4 Mar 23, 2009
Aron wrote:
Yeah it's a nice city, but it would be tough to live and play there. Robert said it right, under a microscope. I still think they will land someone (or two) in 2010. I hope they get King James, it would be a nice lift for NY. I actually have felt bad for them since Patrick left years ago.
If LeBron leaves the Cavs they will suddenly become the Washington Wizards.
UNIT

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Mar 23, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>If LeBron leaves the Cavs they will suddenly become the Washington Wizards.
Seriously everyone says Lebron won't leave the cavs because they are a contender...if he were on the knicks they would a contender too and cleveland would be just a mediocre @ best team
Phillip

Satellite Beach, FL

#6 Mar 23, 2009
It would be nice to see the Knicks on top again, because NY is the most important city in the USA. However, it's also nice to see Knick fans sad, because they almost as cocky and "play dirty" as fans of the Pistons.
Tito

Lakeland, FL

#7 Mar 23, 2009
Dwight! Don't even think about it...
And Orlando better do everything they can to appreciate his talent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephon Marbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Knicks: 7 Worst Decisions in the James... (Mar '13) Mar '13 campo 1
News Isiah Thomas joins NBA TV as studio analyst (Dec '12) Dec '12 Tom 1
News Team USA, and Carmelo Anthony, dominates Nigeri... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sammy 34
News Allen Iverson hopes to play in China (Apr '12) Apr '12 Somalisthefuture 3
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Knicks Fan Stephon Marbury: Ita s a a Matter of... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Sick Of All the B... 1
News Manager: Iverson considers playing overseas (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bill R 1
More from around the web