Baumbach: After Marbury leaves, success follows

Feb 25, 2009 Read more: Newsday 13
The Knicks didn't know it at the time, but the best thing they ever did in terms of their rebuilding happened Jan. Read more
Clyde

Batavia, NY

#1 Feb 25, 2009
Good luck, Steph. You deserve a winning franchise!
Frustrated NYer

Jamaica, NY

#2 Feb 25, 2009
Give me a break. Steph is a cancer. Good riddance to him.
Clyde

Batavia, NY

#3 Feb 25, 2009
People like Jim Baumbach love to say that the teams Marbury played in got better after he left. Let me ask you a question...How many of the teams Marbury played on had winning records before he got there? Answer: Zero. He was drafted by a lottery team, and EVERY team that traded for him had losing records when he got there, NY included. Three of the teams he played with made the playoffs after he arrived (Minnesota twice, Phoenix--when Amare Stoudemire was a rookie--and NY). He has never ruined any team. That is a fictional creation of the media.They were all bad when he arrived. Outside of Kevin Garnett, he has never played with any elite players.
Good luck Steph

Forest Hills, NY

#4 Feb 25, 2009
Good luck Steph. Jim Baumbach writes for Dolan's paper - not the Boston papers - so you won't be seeing his BS anytime soon.

Baumbach: if you think this will help you avoid a pink slip from your boss - good luck to you.

Oh, if you do get that pink slip, you can always gets some affordable clothes and shoes from starbury.com
gee the steph fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Feb 25, 2009
weak article. cant wait to see who you people blame now.
Mex

Orlando, FL

#6 Feb 25, 2009
Hey, Clyde. Answer this question. Why did all those teams trade him?
Ca mu na t Disorganizer

Florham Park, NJ

#7 Feb 25, 2009
If Bumbury goes to Boston; no repeat for them!
norrin

Coimbra, Portugal

#8 Feb 25, 2009
wasn't he supposed to be "the man", best pg in the league? he was just the hole...
frank

Little Neck, NY

#9 Feb 25, 2009
good riddens to an overpaid waste of time and money
Claudiob

Washington, DC

#10 Feb 25, 2009
Man, NY media people are just plain mean. I'm a diehard Knicks fan from birth, but this is the first time in my life that I wish another team won; the Celtics with Marbury.
HammerOne

Philippines

#11 Feb 26, 2009
Marbury will be absorbed by the Celts. He'll play along for a few weeks but once he's accustomed to playing behind the "big 3's" shadow he'll quit.

He's a superstar and he'll expect to be treated like one.
Oberserver

Longmeadow, MA

#12 Feb 26, 2009
Talk about a career of lame excuses! I'm talking the KNICKS, not the player!!
seymour junior

Columbia, SC

#13 Feb 27, 2009
I am a true knicks fan and it was best for steph to leave the knicks. He is a great talent and ia m tired of people ripping him. The knicks never surrounded him with a true leader once allan houston knee was hurt. You might think im nuts but a healthy h20 aka as houston would have made a huge difference inthe knicks. By the way they did make the playoffs in the mid season trade with steph. If Boston signs him that is was steph needs.The true stars and role models in KG Ray and paul hell be alot more happier Good luck steph. Im always a marbury fan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephon Marbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Knicks: 7 Worst Decisions in the James... (Mar '13) Mar '13 campo 1
News Isiah Thomas joins NBA TV as studio analyst (Dec '12) Dec '12 Tom 1
News Team USA, and Carmelo Anthony, dominates Nigeri... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sammy 34
News Allen Iverson hopes to play in China (Apr '12) Apr '12 Somalisthefuture 3
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Knicks Fan Stephon Marbury: Ita s a a Matter of... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Sick Of All the B... 1
News Manager: Iverson considers playing overseas (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bill R 1
More from around the web