What will Warriors do with S-Jax?

What will Warriors do with S-Jax?

There are 8 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Oct 15, 2009, titled What will Warriors do with S-Jax?. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

They can try to send Stephen Jackson to Dallas for junk and problems. Or to Cleveland for other problems and other junk.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

toby

San Francisco, CA

#1 Oct 15, 2009
Thanks for your insight Tim, I prefer your Warriors articles over the Chronicles'.

I still don't understand why fans and the media always seem to hate the disgruntled player, and not the lame organization. Jackson is 100% right. Since the '07 playoff run, we've lost Baron, J-Rich, Barnes, Pietrus, Foyle (longest tenured dub and a fan favorite at the time), and Harrington. With the exception of Foyle, all these guys played a pivotal role in that historic first round upset. And our beloved Warriors organization let all of them leave, for essentially nothing in return. We need a regime change. That should be the new slogan. Keep up the good work, Tim.

p.s. We can still win some games this season, with or without Jack. We got plenty of firepower from our wings. At best, I can see Morrow being the next Reggie Miller. At worst, the next Jeff Hornacek (but more athletic). He just needs to get stronger and play better D. Nellie needs to have him run baseline to baseline in the half court. And test how cold his veins are in crunch-time situations.
Dan L

San Francisco, CA

#2 Oct 16, 2009
Why not keep him. When he steps out of line fine him. The warriors are going to suck either way. Might as well try to make jackson as miserable as warrior fans will be.

“Living the dream!”

Since: Nov 07

Pleasanton, California

#3 Oct 20, 2009
Toby: We hate the lame organization (especially ownership) too. But SJax signed a fat 3 year extension WITH that lame organization. Trade? This may be the worst time in history to be shopping a fat contract for an aging player around the NBA. Dang, I wish we could send him to the D league.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#4 Oct 20, 2009
I heard the Stephen wanted a buyout,is that true?

“Living the dream!”

Pleasanton, California

#5 Oct 21, 2009
Yeah, he's throwing that around too. No word as to how much of the extension or what still remains on THIS season's contract he'd want though.

Going to tomorrow night's game against the Hornets... should be interesting.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#6 Oct 21, 2009
AVHS Dad wrote:
Yeah, he's throwing that around too. No word as to how much of the extension or what still remains on THIS season's contract he'd want though.
Going to tomorrow night's game against the Hornets... should be interesting.
And he handing over his position as captain,this dude really wants out.

“Living the dream!”

Pleasanton, California

#7 Oct 21, 2009
He didn't hand it over. He threw it in the faces of his teammates, the coaching staff and the fans. He said "I don't want to be a captain" and "I don't want to be a roll model". At some point, years from now, I believe he will look back at this and say... DOH!!!!!
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#8 Oct 21, 2009
He should be ashame of himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spurs forward Stephen Jackson fined for Twitter... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sam 2
News Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1
News Basketball Wives LA: TV Review (Aug '11) Oct '11 Sammy 25
News Jackson, Bobcats rally past Warriors 121-113 in OT (Jan '11) Jan '11 matt_jackson-vita... 1
News Bobcats 108, Timberwolves 105 (OT): The pattern... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Fan 1
News NBA suspends Bobcats' Jackson for berating ref (Nov '10) Nov '10 B-B Fan 1
News Timberwolves show their age in late meltdown ag... (Nov '10) Nov '10 DD Austin 13
More from around the web