2nd-half surge subdues Raptors

The questions will continue to come up, and Darrell Armstrong and Danny Granger are showing they will continue to be there with answers. Full Story
Granger

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jan 28, 2007
I like Granger always have he is a class guy. I will mention since Reggies departure no one has been the face of the PACERS Danny is not as colorful but so far his Pacer jersey would be the one I would buy for my son. At least I'm watching the PACERS now and look for improvement. It can be Jermaines team but I'm buying a Granger jersey!
James

Pittsboro, IN

#2 Jan 28, 2007
I think our team is better now that Jackson and Harrington are gone. The new guys are still learning about their new teammates and it will be awhile until they are comfortable in Carlisle's system. We'll see how things go tonight against the thugs at Detroit. Hopefully, our new guys will soon learn how much we want to beat the Pistons.
Mark

United States

#3 Jan 28, 2007
It seems the chemistry is more even now since the trade...Granger is taking advantage of the opportunity which I am glad for him as he deserves the playing time. Murphy is a mirror image of Foster and every team would LOVE to have a Jeff Foster on their roster to do the things he does and we have him AND Troy Murphy, the only thing Murphy can step out and hit the 17 footers.
I think the steel of the WHOLE trade was us getting Ike Diugo in the deal.
What drug was Warriors management on?
This reminds me of the Davis/O'Neil trade from Portland...you watch, Ike will be the Antonio Davis of the team next year or before. He will be a real "He Man" soon. I think Dunleavy will make descent contributions once he gets acclimated to the system as he will be solid in the future and probably maintain a good average around 15-18
per game, but I think this will be Granger's team real soon, as I agree he IS the face of the Pacers. Danny,
if you read these posts...."Please, NO Taatoos man" be the leader of this franchise. Finally, I can honestly say "Go Pacers"
jct

New Albany, IN

#4 Jan 28, 2007
Am I dreaming ... or have the PACERS finally become the team Indianapolis fans can cherish.

Every little boy in Indiana needs a role model, and what better figure to follow than our new, Darrell Armstrong. And I might suggest this... when his playing career is over, have a spot ready for him, on the bench ... next to Rick Carlisle. A shinning example for all Hoosiers to see.

Please ... read this Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh.
Coach

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Jan 28, 2007
Nice win. Granger and Armstrong were great...AGAIN. And again, I like what Marquis gives this squad when he's on the floor. All the pieces seem to fit nicely.

Bring on the Pistons. Let's make it 3 W's on them this year. That might come in handy as the tie-breaker down the road. Big game in January.

Coach
always a fan

United States

#6 Jan 28, 2007
I agree with everyone else... they're fun to watch again. Granger & Armstrong are amazing... but then everyone seems to be better now, more hustle, etc. Now just beat Detroit!

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#7 Jan 28, 2007
DA baby!!!!

Is it too early to crown him King of Hustle?

Great job! I'm still shaking from the Heat win!!!! lol
Cigar

AOL

#8 Jan 28, 2007
The choice was to change the coach or the players. Carlisle was not a running coach and couldnt change his style. The new guys are a perfect fit with Carlisle's style. I guess the coach won the battle of wiil's and I am glad he did. Citizens who play B ball "the right way" is refreshing and the Pacers should be extremely tough by the play offs.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#9 Jan 28, 2007
Cigar wrote:
The choice was to change the coach or the players. Carlisle was not a running coach and couldnt change his style. The new guys are a perfect fit with Carlisle's style. I guess the coach won the battle of wiil's and I am glad he did. Citizens who play B ball "the right way" is refreshing and the Pacers should be extremely tough by the play offs.
CRC has nothing to do with this, this is ALL the players, and CRC didn't make the trade. Adv Walsh!

“You want WHAT????”

Since: Jan 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#10 Jan 28, 2007
I'm currently watching the Pistons game, the first time I've had a chance to see the new lineup and a couple of things abolutely JUMP out at me.

First, this team with Murphy and Dunleavy on the floor is going to have to play better help defense. Neither of these guys is enough of an athlete to stay with some of the quicker Detroit guys who seem to be taking them to the rack at will.

Second, I think this team will shoot better than the previous group. They'll have to since they don't posess some of the physical skills of their predecessors. Stephen Jackson never met a shot he didn't like (either with ball or gun) but too many times I thought he was a "me" guy instead of a "we" guy.

Finally, I think this bunch is showing me a little more desire than I've seen recently. Here they are on the second night of back-to-backs and while they're not keeping up with Detroit, their effort is not lacking. It'll be interesting to see how this game turns out, especially if their shots start dropping.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spurs forward Stephen Jackson fined for Twitter... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sam 2
Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1
Basketball Wives LA: TV Review (Aug '11) Oct '11 Sammy 25
Jackson, Bobcats rally past Warriors 121-113 in OT (Jan '11) Jan '11 matt_jackson-vita... 1
Bobcats 108, Timberwolves 105 (OT): The pattern... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Fan 1
NBA suspends Bobcats' Jackson for berating ref (Nov '10) Nov '10 B-B Fan 1
Timberwolves show their age in late meltdown ag... (Nov '10) Nov '10 DD Austin 13
More from around the web