Ex-Pacer to testify at Club Rio trial

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The first of three trials will begin this morning in the October strip-club melee involving several Indiana Pacers players.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of83
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

The Pacers have become a group of thugs.
Steve

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

Who Cares?
Thugged out

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

A. The defendant has rights!

or

B. Give the defendant an offensive driving lesson; give the witness a couple of shooting lessons and let's see if we can't recreate the incident with a more positive outcome.

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

65typh wrote:
<quoted text>
u probably live in a town where only white people live so Bart Peterson is a F{uck!ng thug to ur azs b!tch!!! Thats all
totally uncalled for! that are a bunch of thugs! they are doing nothing for our state! and by the way you talk i'm sure you see nothing wrong with the recent issues with the pacers... we need a whole new team!
Shanaquia

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

We gotta support our hommies. Steven Jackson is my kinda man! This is how we do in Nap town! Steven put Indy on the map! Word! Where's my boy Ronnie at? Holla!
Adam

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
totally uncalled for! that are a bunch of thugs! they are doing nothing for our state! and by the way you talk i'm sure you see nothing wrong with the recent issues with the pacers... we need a whole new team!
Sigh... you obviously haven't even bothered watching the Pacers since Reggie left. If the Pacers need a "whole new team", then the Colts need a whole new team as well since that "thug" Nick Harper just can't stay out of domestic trouble. Please refrain from making ignorant comments as you have no clue about their situation.

And as far as them representing our state, just go back and take a look at all the comments made on these topics throughout the last week by your fellow Indiana residents. You'll see a bunch of vile, racist, degrading comments coming from just about every direction. Anyone in the nation could come on here and read these comments and be well-justified to think Indiana is nothing but a bunch of redneck, hillbilly, spiteful racist melonfarmers... and they wouldn't even need to know a thing about the Pacers. And you're worried about the image the Pacers are giving us? Maybe it's more of an accurate representation of our state than most people want to admit.
Bill

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

Everyone should read this article:

http://daily.stanford.org/article/2005/2/16/n...

40% of NBA players have criminal records. I think that explains a lot.
Dishawn

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

Shanaquia wrote:
We gotta support our hommies. Steven Jackson is my kinda man! This is how we do in Nap town! Steven put Indy on the map! Word! Where's my boy Ronnie at? Holla!
What are you saying?? I don't understand .......and I am black!! The Pacers need to study the Colts from top too bottom. We have a 1st class football team and a bunch yeah-hoos w/ no home training wering Pacer uniforms...
Dishawn

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

Shanaquia wrote:
You white folk need to go to Butler or IU and watch your white ballas. We black folk will stick with our pacers! They represent who we (black folk) are and are not afraid to be themselves. We gotta get paid! Hip hip forever baby! Holla!
Shanaquia,

I take serious offense to what you are writing and I hope you are trying to be funny. The actions of the black players in question on the Pacers is classless and doesn't do anything but "support" the steroetype, that blacks are a bunch of thugs. And then they read your ignorance about "keepin it real"....yeah...real dumb!! Get an education, accomplish something meaningful!! If any black sports icon in Indy represents me, its Tony Dungy! He shows that doing things the right way will eventaully lead to success. In sports and in life. Blacks are just as intelligent and can be as successful as whites, we just need educate folks like you...first....then we can make strides in the right direction!!!
RastaJoe

Plainfield, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

I bet 10 feet of hemp rope that Jackson has a loaded Blunt in his pocket!
Lets think about it

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh... you obviously haven't even bothered watching the Pacers since Reggie left. If the Pacers need a "whole new team", then the Colts need a whole new team as well since that "thug" Nick Harper just can't stay out of domestic trouble. Please refrain from making ignorant comments as you have no clue about their situation.
And as far as them representing our state, just go back and take a look at all the comments made on these topics throughout the last week by your fellow Indiana residents. You'll see a bunch of vile, racist, degrading comments coming from just about every direction. Anyone in the nation could come on here and read these comments and be well-justified to think Indiana is nothing but a bunch of redneck, hillbilly, spiteful racist melonfarmers... and they wouldn't even need to know a thing about the Pacers. And you're worried about the image the Pacers are giving us? Maybe it's more of an accurate representation of our state than most people want to admit.
a-m-e-n!!!
ACDC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

So why are we bashing the Pacers over this story when Stephen Jackson isn't even a Pacer anymore?
Lets think about it

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

RastaJoe wrote:
I bet 10 feet of hemp rope that Jackson has a loaded Blunt in his pocket!
And I bet you want to hit it.....
TJF

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

Dishawn wrote:
<quoted text>
Shanaquia,
I take serious offense to what you are writing and I hope you are trying to be funny. The actions of the black players in question on the Pacers is classless and doesn't do anything but "support" the steroetype, that blacks are a bunch of thugs. And then they read your ignorance about "keepin it real"....yeah...real dumb!! Get an education, accomplish something meaningful!! If any black sports icon in Indy represents me, its Tony Dungy! He shows that doing things the right way will eventaully lead to success. In sports and in life. Blacks are just as intelligent and can be as successful as whites, we just need educate folks like you...first....then we can make strides in the right direction!!!
Thank You for your comment. I was going to respond myself but you couldn't have said it better. I'm white but feel attitues expressed by individuals such as Shanaquia do nothing but hurt our City and our Country. This isn't a Black and White issue. There are plenty of White kids in the suburbs taken in by the Ghetto lifestyle. We sit around and scratch our heads when innocent people are being shot in our cities. This is where it starts. I certainly hope her comments were a joke.
Dishawn

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

ACDC wrote:
So why are we bashing the Pacers over this story when Stephen Jackson isn't even a Pacer anymore?
Point taken.........
Dishawn

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

Bill wrote:
Everyone should read this article:
http://daily.stanford.org/article/2005/2/16/n...
40% of NBA players have criminal records. I think that explains a lot.
I am sorry Bill, it doesn't explain anything!! First of all, that article is 2 years old. Secondly, lets analyse the reason so many young "thugs" are in the NBA. Firstly, I agree that there are too many criminal infraction in the pro ranks. But a huge factor for this is college basketball. The majority of young black players come from financially challenged backgrounds. Now, will most NBA prospects play 3 or 4 years in college, where they are pimped for free while the colleges make millions from their talents or will they work for pay ASAP. If colleges did the right thing and compensated ALL athletes other than a free education (any student can be honor roll and get the same free education, but not make the school millions), many players wouldn't be so pressed to leave early and could possibly use the remaining collegiate time to mold and mature. Instead, kids are forced to prematurely work among men for more pay. And let's face, YOU would do the same, especially if you were poor. Look at players who come from middle class or better, Al Henderson, Tim Duncan, Josh Childress, Sheldon Williams. These players didn't have life the lives that "forced" them too leave prematurely and they are black and are good people. Your article states facts, but as usual, doesn't mention anything about the flawed system that helps produce these "thugs." College sports is a business (see coach salaries, they want their profit, and the players aren't going to work for free (neither would you). Fix the system....ask Dan McCarthy about that!!

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
your right i don't waste my time with the pacers their a pitiful team... all you hear is negitive nothing good at least the colts are worth watching.. and as far a race you have no clue what color i am! i could be black for all you know! we need several players replaced maybe not the whole team but several

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

TJF wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You for your comment. I was going to respond myself but you couldn't have said it better. I'm white but feel attitues expressed by individuals such as Shanaquia do nothing but hurt our City and our Country. This isn't a Black and White issue. There are plenty of White kids in the suburbs taken in by the Ghetto lifestyle. We sit around and scratch our heads when innocent people are being shot in our cities. This is where it starts. I certainly hope her comments were a joke.
A-m-e-n!
it's not black or white it's right or wrong! the way the players are acting is just wrong! and it's bringing the whole team down... i will never go to a pacers game or take my son..it's just not a family function anymore.and thats sad i love basketball but i don't like what our home team is doing they need to get it togeather and turn their team around
Fae

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

at this rate, the Pacers will be heading to Baltimore, and the Colts will have their second training facility that's needed to host a Superbowl....sounds like a win-win for the city. Sorry Pacers--you've lost a lot of respect from your fans...it's not about black and white, it's about being respectable role models...
Cuban B

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2007

Steve wrote:
Who Cares?
It seems like every feedback thread on Indystar has one or two people who say "who cares". Obviously you do pal or you wouldn't be here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of83
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••