Jackson trial date moved to June

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Former Pacers guard asks for the delay; his new team is still competing in playoffs Star, news services Former Indiana Pacer Stephen Jackson 's trial on charges that include criminal recklessness was supposed ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Die Justice System

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

why won't you die. what a waste.
James

Greencastle, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

I predict: Jackson will not serve any time in jail for violating his probation! We see now how these high paid athletes are given preferencial treatment in the courts and you will eventually see how they get off.
Not A High Paid Athelete

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

I wish I could get my court dates postponed due to work conflicts!!!

Unfortunately, us normal people are held accountable for our actions.
Louisville Pacers

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

The media magazines are reporting a 7% drop in TV viewership of the NBA playoffs, including some key marketing demographics. That means the networks will be giving money back to the advertisers that paid for time upfront.

Although not likely to happen soon, if the trend continues, the NBA will eventually be faced with an NHL-type of TV contract (where they are only seen on VS), and lose millions of dollars, forcing a harder cap, and lower payrolls.

I'm not a NASCAR kind of guy, but it's pretty clear that NASCAR has taken over as the third major sport (behind NFL and MLB). The NBA needs to be very careful about how it markets itself, or it will be pushed into the background.

The point is the longer the NBA allows thugs like Jackson to appear on Primetime and in playoff games, the worse the league looks, despite the propaganda machine from the commissioners office that says that GS is the Cinderella team that has everyone excited.

They need to really rethink suspensions, fines, and how they handle off the court problems. Guys like Artest and Jackson are just killing the league's future revenues.
pokernut

Dublin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

Larry Bird should resign or be fired.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••