Jackson on Stern: 'It's his opinion'

Jackson on Stern: 'It's his opinion'

There are 9 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 26, 2006, titled Jackson on Stern: 'It's his opinion'. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Stephen Jackson respects NBA commissioner David Stern , but the Indiana Pacers shooting guard doesn't agree with his thoughts about players leaving firearms at home when they go out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

INKY BG

Mize, KY

#1 Oct 27, 2006
Jackson just doesn't get it. Lets me see he isn't very coachable. Flags are flying around this guy. Can't be good for the team.
Festicles

Hendersonville, TN

#3 Oct 27, 2006
For the love of God, somebody in the Pacer's PR department get to this moron and teach him two words: no comment.

And ship his a** out of Indy, regardless of the cost and salary cap issues. He's a cancer.
Mark Loy

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Oct 27, 2006
I really wanted Sarunas to succeed in the NBA but, well, it doesn't seem that he's coming along as quickly as hoped. At this point I think he should be released and the team should keep Greene, White, and Armstrong as Tinsley's back-ups. I think the team would be better served by having point guards who don't cause the opponent to salivate thinking about stealing the ball from him. And with Tinsley's history of injuries, the back-ups are going to be big for this team.
jct

Ft Mitchell, KY

#6 Oct 27, 2006
gunny98 wrote:
The problem with the black youth today is they have no role models
Example Rappers(thugs) NBA players (thugs)Jesse Jackson (stupid) Al Sharpton (beyond stupid) OJ Simpson(murder) Tiger Woods ( Uncle Tom) Most Black Parents probably been in jail themselves at one time in their lives. Most live in broken families I really feel sorry for the black youth. They could have so much more to offer. But the real problems is the media. Blacks can say anything they want about the other races in this country, and it doesn't make news but let a White or Hispanic or Jewish or Irish or the countless other races that make up this country say one thing about the black race and it is all over the news. These kids are brought up believing society owes them something, because of slavery. It was their own race that sold them into slavery "hundreds" of years ago. Parents teach them that and maybe you will learn and they will learn together. Quit teaching them that crap. Quit using the race card every time you get in to trouble. When is the last time someone said I got arrested because I'm white?????
I do believe that every person in this United States has the right to 'freedom of speech'. On the other side... most issues they should keep to themselves. A smile, and a 'no comment' would sufficient. I most sincerely believe, that every citizen, NBA'er or not, male or female, should have Abe Lincoln as their personal role model...and live by his greatest quote. "NO MAN, DEDICATED TO MAKE THE MOST OF HIMSELF, CAN SPARE THE TIME FOR PERSONAL CONFLICTION."
gunny98

Plainfield, IN

#7 Oct 27, 2006
jct wrote:
<quoted text>I do believe that every person in this United States has the right to 'freedom of speech'. On the other side... most issues they should keep to themselves. A smile, and a 'no comment' would sufficient. I most sincerely believe, that every citizen, NBA'er or not, male or female, should have Abe Lincoln as their personal role model...and live by his greatest quote. "NO MAN, DEDICATED TO MAKE THE MOST OF HIMSELF, CAN SPARE THE TIME FOR PERSONAL CONFLICTION."
Amen to Abe I'm just tired of all this blaming everything on some one else
Einstein

United States

#8 Oct 27, 2006
I've got an idea....let's CAN Jackson as soon as humanly possible. I don't think I can get excited about Pacers basketball when this guy's on our team.
First the brawl, then last year's CRAPPY play, now the gun-toting and fighting 3 days into training camp.
Enough. ENOUGH!!!
jct

Ft Mitchell, KY

#9 Oct 27, 2006
gunny98 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to Abe I'm just tired of all this blaming everything on some one else
In your earlier comment today, you spoke of 'Tiger Woods'. Can't see any comparision to 'Tiger' and professional NBA'ers of today. I do believe he is the most dedicated sports figures of all times, with a tremendous work ethic and appreciation to his sport. His only complaints ever, are at himself. He's never in a position to get injured due to his particular sport, but he keeps himself in tremendous physical and mental condition. His abilities are not natural born and are due to his desire to become the greatest golf player of all times. So, my personal opinion ... If there are kids out there, looking for a roll model,'Tiger Woods' might just be who your looking for. So GUNNY98, could you re-think the part of your your comment that included the greatest 'Mr.Tiger Woods'?
gunny98

Plainfield, IN

#11 Oct 28, 2006
jct wrote:
<quoted text>In your earlier comment today, you spoke of 'Tiger Woods'. Can't see any comparision to 'Tiger' and professional NBA'ers of today. I do believe he is the most dedicated sports figures of all times, with a tremendous work ethic and appreciation to his sport. His only complaints ever, are at himself. He's never in a position to get injured due to his particular sport, but he keeps himself in tremendous physical and mental condition. His abilities are not natural born and are due to his desire to become the greatest golf player of all times. So, my personal opinion ... If there are kids out there, looking for a roll model,'Tiger Woods' might just be who your looking for. So GUNNY98, could you re-think the part of your your comment that included the greatest 'Mr.Tiger Woods'?
That is what I'm am saying he would be a great role model for young black youths but they look at him as being a Uncle Tom
jct

Ft Mitchell, KY

#12 Oct 28, 2006
gunny98 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what I'm am saying he would be a great role model for young black youths but they look at him as being a Uncle Tom
I see your point now gunny98. Sorry for 'that' misinterpretation on my part. I agree with you 100%. It's just that when your speaking of THUGS, GAMBLERS, MURDERS, ADICTS...it's just hard for me to see Tiger Woods name mentioned in the same article.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spurs forward Stephen Jackson fined for Twitter... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sam 2
News Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1
News Basketball Wives LA: TV Review (Aug '11) Oct '11 Sammy 25
News Jackson, Bobcats rally past Warriors 121-113 in OT (Jan '11) Jan '11 matt_jackson-vita... 1
News Bobcats 108, Timberwolves 105 (OT): The pattern... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Fan 1
News NBA suspends Bobcats' Jackson for berating ref (Nov '10) Nov '10 B-B Fan 1
News Timberwolves show their age in late meltdown ag... (Nov '10) Nov '10 DD Austin 13
More from around the web