Jackson returns to Pacers' lineup in ...

Jackson returns to Pacers' lineup in preseason loss

There are 8 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 14, 2006, titled Jackson returns to Pacers' lineup in preseason loss. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Deron Williams had 24 points to lead the Utah Jazz to a 97-84 victory over the Indiana Pacers in a preseason game Saturday night at Conseco Fieldhouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Angelica

Evansville, IN

#1 Oct 14, 2006
Maybe Stephen shouldn't play at all... maybe we are so much better with out him.???
Sick and Tired

New Carlisle, OH

#2 Oct 14, 2006
Stephen Jackson is a man. He went to a strip club and got into with some guys. Then he was ran over in the parking lot by the same guys. He shot his gun while in the parking lot. If someone was trying to run you down in a parking lot and you had a gun-wouldn't you try to defend yourself. I really hope Carl Brizzi does not get re-elected because this is simply a re-election tactic. He should be focusing more attention on finding out why people get released early after commiting violent crimes. I am also tired of this newspaper and the T.V. news stations running these stupid stories about Stephen Jackson. Who cares, if it was anybody else the story would have been a 2 minute blurb to never be heard again. If character means so much, then why are athletes caudled at a young age. Why do they get preferential treatment from middle school through college? Why do their grades get fixed? Why is it that when they are caught with drugs the whole matter just disappears. However, when they become adult athletes everything they do is held under a microscope. Come on folks make up your mind!
Ray Pearson

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Oct 14, 2006
It's time for Jackson to go. let's not repeat the error we made with Ronnie.
Groundhogday

Bozeman, MT

#4 Oct 14, 2006
Wow, Utah is really Illinois west with three of Weber's boys likely to make the roster (Deron Williams, Dee Brown and Roger Powell). Pretty amazing when you consider than only Dee Brown was a top recruit out of high school. Weber sure can coach.
James M

Redwood City, CA

#5 Oct 14, 2006
Nice haircut, Jackson. That head really is a melon.
Tony

New York, NY

#6 Oct 14, 2006
Ray Pearson wrote:
It's time for Jackson to go. let's not repeat the error we made with Ronnie.
Amen to that... If he's convicted of anything, we need to use that opportunity to get rid of him as fast as possible. Hopefully he catches on somewhere else and cleans up his act, but we do not need any more BS distractions like this. This is ludicrous.
No Name

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Oct 14, 2006
Well the big talk about Jackson wondering if he is going to come back to the Paces, well that was a quick trip to the court, meaning the courtroom not he basketbal court. I do believe he should be let go, due to his behavior really from the detroit brawl, but I guess its natural for us the Pacers wait for another trade thru the season. Im surprise that the NBA, Rick & Larry let him even practice let alone play a game. Something like this he needs to be away from the team totally just incase he is convicted. He is hurting our team. We need to find a team that will stay with us thru the season. We need to work on that now. So if Steven gets convicted we are waisting our time to play him in a game now, arent we. He is ruin the stragety of our team, the team that we do have now. You see they talked it up pretty high on wondering if Steven is going to be a pacer, well it didnt take long for them to decide. I do think when a player is on probation mainly for an attitude stunt, in which he has had 2 now, they are suspended without pay, in order to make them learn from their mistakes. They keep on saying they want a new image, well, do it, dotn keep on saying it. I also think the Jamal should get charged for having any "small" amounts of illegal drugs in "his" car after all he was the driver of the car. The driver should have resposnibility and the control of the car, yourself and the other people inside the car. There is no law where it states the "amount" of illegal drug. Its an illegal drug no matter what was the amount, so arrest him. He is an adult, not a dummy, to where he knows if you have any illegal drugs or an open container you will get arrested. So now all of a sudden it becomes an issue that it was the amount and the money for it would be a waist of time and effort to go thru the court system over the small amount. Some times its just the fact of going thru this stuff that people will learn from it and will not do it again, some people. If you notice the first 2 pre season games, we won the game with out steve and we lost the game with steve. So do we need Steve. I dotn think so. Do we need any druggies on the pacers team. I dont think so. So lets start the trade business now, you know it takes forever. The NBA should do a random test on these guys, with out the guys knowing its going to be done. The NBA should take some of their laws. All other sports are strict on the illegal drugs and many misbehaving attitude stunts.
No Name

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Oct 14, 2006
We, the fans, ofcourse will never know what happen that night at the 3AM strip club. Tahts fine boys will be boys. But at 3AM during preseason practice. I do think Reggie was right about his remark. Im surprise Rick told him to shut up. I thought Rick was stricter than that. I heard the guys said something "petty" to STeve, Steve kicked him. Then the brawl was outside. SOmene should from the clubshould of walked out the handicapp and the pacers, since knowningly they were in trouble b4, of course their own buddies will stick up for one another. Like, what happen, after Steve fired shots he handed his gun to one of the other pacer players,a rookie, and told him to put it in his car. Steve said that be he knew he did something as a guilt. We really need to look into this incident carefully and really think about taking him back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spurs forward Stephen Jackson fined for Twitter... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sam 2
News Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1
News Basketball Wives LA: TV Review (Aug '11) Oct '11 Sammy 25
News Jackson, Bobcats rally past Warriors 121-113 in OT (Jan '11) Jan '11 matt_jackson-vita... 1
News Bobcats 108, Timberwolves 105 (OT): The pattern... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Fan 1
News NBA suspends Bobcats' Jackson for berating ref (Nov '10) Nov '10 B-B Fan 1
News Timberwolves show their age in late meltdown ag... (Nov '10) Nov '10 DD Austin 13
More from around the web