Judge: Jackson violated Mich. probation

Judge: Jackson violated Mich. probation

There are 41 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 26, 2007, titled Judge: Jackson violated Mich. probation. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Jackson violated his probation in Michigan when Indiana prosecutors charged him with firing a gun outside a strip club, a judge ruled Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Debbie

Bloomington, IN

#1 Jan 26, 2007
What must it be like to be above the law? I guess that's why they continue to break them.
she

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jan 26, 2007
his name is stinken jackson to me!

Since: Jan 07

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Jan 26, 2007
So it took them this long to decide that firing a gun into the air is bad?
Citizen Patriot

Canton, MI

#4 Jan 26, 2007
I am glad that the Pacer's Organization was able to get rid of him before he had a chance to do any more damage to the reputation of the team. I miss the good old days of the team being known for its number of points instead of indictments. When will the club pick up good players that are not so controversial outside of the game? I guess I was spoiled as a kid by the way the Celtics and Lakers played without so much controversy. Too bad our kids don't see those kind of sportsman any more!!!
Will

Waukegan, IL

#5 Jan 26, 2007
He has no worries about facing serious prosecution. All wealthy people are above the law. And you vote..........what a joke!
Happy Fan

Palo Alto, CA

#6 Jan 26, 2007
Woo-hoo! Throw him in jail!

But the Pacers will be sorry if the felony count sticks, and the Warriors are then allowed to get out of his contract scot-free. That could end up being a better dal for the Warriors than they even realized!

Meanwhile, we'll still be stuck with two slow white guys (okay, that part may be overkill, because Murphy and Dunleavy aren't too bad).
Tucker

Zanesville, OH

#8 Jan 26, 2007
BOOM,BOOM,BOOM was that a three pointer? No, it was Stephen Jackson's gun going off again!
I am so glad he is gone!!!
Roger

Carmel, IN

#9 Jan 26, 2007
Good thing the Pacers got rid of this guy when they did. He may spen the rest of the season playing for the Detroit Detention's
next on list

United States

#10 Jan 26, 2007
Before you know it a Pacers wife will burn down there home and get off for arson.....

Oops that already happened... Thanks Reggie.
Thank God

Glenwood, IN

#11 Jan 26, 2007
he's no longer with the Pacers organization. Funny (well, sad actually) that the Colts make headlines for hard work and dedication, and the only time the Pacers make headlines anymore is when they are in trouble with the law. What a bunch of thugs!
Shelly

Carmel, IN

#12 Jan 26, 2007
Oooooo! Bad trade for Golden State!
Gold Club

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Jan 26, 2007
The only question I have is these guys have already been sentenced for the fight. Why hasn't R Kelly been to court for child molesting, and they him on tape too!!!
Ron M

Canton, MI

#14 Jan 26, 2007
Not certain, but I believe it was a warrior game this seaon, inwhich several players again were in a fight.
One of which went intot the seats to fight. Are the seats on the court, same as the seats in the stands? To me, both are going to to the stands.
The most any player got for the fight was 15 games. What gives, why the favoratism. Why not the whole year that Artest got!
John from Greenwood

Sterling, VA

#15 Jan 26, 2007
Citizen Patriot wrote:
I am glad that the Pacer's Organization was able to get rid of him before he had a chance to do any more damage to the reputation of the team. I miss the good old days of the team being known for its number of points instead of indictments. When will the club pick up good players that are not so controversial outside of the game? I guess I was spoiled as a kid by the way the Celtics and Lakers played without so much controversy. Too bad our kids don't see those kind of sportsman any more!!!
NO CONTROVERY IN LA OR BOSTON. YOU MUST BE 100 YRS. OLD. TURN UP YOUR HEARING AID AND HAVE YOUR CATARACTS REMOVED.
Ron N

Canton, MI

#16 Jan 26, 2007
Two white guys??? Are you racist? Im all for fair play in players and coaches. But when are they gonna force the teams to hire and sign white guys to play basketball. Theyre not enough white players on the court. Im certain that if the owners looked hard enough that they
could find just as talented of players as Tinsley or Bender to play.
Heck they might be able to sign them for less money. Greedy blood suckers! No wonder we lower class people cant affortd to go to a game.
Paying someone $50K a game is rediculous!
Sorry State

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jan 26, 2007
What a sorry state of affairs the NBA has become. A once exciting game played by stars you would want you children to emulate is now a tired, boring game played at half-ass speed by thugs and millionaires who could care less about anything other than themselves. We're not even competitive at the international level. The game has become a disgrace, and stories like this are part of the problem. Thank God for the Colts.
Jeremy

Fishers, IN

#19 Jan 26, 2007
If all of the Pacers involved in the brawl committed themselves to giving the same effort of offensive rebounding, physical defense, and low-post play that they did in the brawl, the Pacers might've challenged for a ring. Instead, they're looking at championship jail cells. We're proud of you guys!(sarcasm)
former pacers fan

Milton, IN

#20 Jan 26, 2007
Am I the only one who thinks it's amazing that O'Neal and Jackson had to pay restitution while Artest did not? I wonder when we'll ever truly be rid of his influence.
about time

United States

#21 Jan 26, 2007
Now throw his thug a** in jail where it belongs....now get Tinsley in jail on drug charges and we wil have everything settled.
Patrick

Memphis, TN

#22 Jan 26, 2007
I don't care who started what or who finsihed what. The players should ALWAYS be in control of their emotions and actions on the floor. The amounts they have to pay are trivial, even if the parties receiving those monies had any complicity. THEY aren't paid millions to play "professional" basketball and O'Neil and Jackson are. I don't care how "good" Jackson may have be, he's a lose cannon character wise. Stop protecting bad behavior!!! It sends an entirely wrong message to our youth and society in general.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spurs forward Stephen Jackson fined for Twitter... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sam 2
News Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1
News Basketball Wives LA: TV Review (Aug '11) Oct '11 Sammy 25
News Jackson, Bobcats rally past Warriors 121-113 in OT (Jan '11) Jan '11 matt_jackson-vita... 1
News Bobcats 108, Timberwolves 105 (OT): The pattern... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Fan 1
News NBA suspends Bobcats' Jackson for berating ref (Nov '10) Nov '10 B-B Fan 1
News Timberwolves show their age in late meltdown ag... (Nov '10) Nov '10 DD Austin 13
More from around the web