If Jackson's found not guilty, team is left in a real bind

Not the Marion County Prosecutor's Office, although that would look good on Carl Brizzi's prosecutorial resume. Full Story
Joe

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 13, 2006
Mr. Kravitz,

As embrassing as this story is. This is a prime example of what can happen when KEEPING IT REAL GOES WRONG. I like what I did see from the Pacers in the first preseason game. And I know alot of people in this city would like to see him cut or traded. But if he could learn from this(which I think he will). This is going to be a very tough team to beat with Mr. Jackson in there.
Fingers and Dino

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Oct 13, 2006
Stephan Jackson and Jamal Tinsley were not tipping the strippers at Club Rio the other night.
Jeff Keller

West Union, IL

#3 Oct 13, 2006
I am not judging Steven as a person...I am only judging past behavior. The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. I wish the talent that these knuckle heads have could be passed on to people with the heart and the commitment to stay out of trouble long enough to accomplish something with their lives. A July or August trade looks good in hindsight...no?
Christy

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Oct 13, 2006
The Pacers are nothing but a bunch of goons. They're an embarrassment to Indianapolis and this latest stunt will hopefully put the final nail in their coffin. Good riddance.
Greg M

Greencastle, IN

#5 Oct 15, 2006
Bob,
Didn't an earlier column say we weren't talking about it anymore? No matter. The thing I want to say here is that, while Jackson might be a slug and hated by the locals, he is only the target of public anger.
The real target, dare I say in Indiana, should be Larry and Donnie. I think back to the playoff run with Bird as coach. The team was mostly populated with "good guys". Boy, those were the days.
Sure Reggie went 1-18 from the field in LA and the Big Guy was scared of Shaq, but we could get behind that team
Last year I went to a game and watched a few on TV. I was shocked to see the team largely populated with thugs now. OK we got rid of Artest, but what about the other thugs?
Did Bird make a conscious decision that we can't win a championship with "good guys"?
I have fallen off watching many professional sports. And I used to be a sports editor. The Pacers have been a part of my life since I was just a small child and going with my mom to see them at the fairgrounds.
The problem is the Pacers need to be cleaned out from top to bottom. Take all the furniture out of the room, turn on the big hose and clean it good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spurs forward Stephen Jackson fined for Twitter... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sam 2
Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1
Basketball Wives LA: TV Review (Aug '11) Oct '11 Sammy 25
Jackson, Bobcats rally past Warriors 121-113 in OT (Jan '11) Jan '11 matt_jackson-vita... 1
Bobcats 108, Timberwolves 105 (OT): The pattern... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Fan 1
NBA suspends Bobcats' Jackson for berating ref (Nov '10) Nov '10 B-B Fan 1
Timberwolves show their age in late meltdown ag... (Nov '10) Nov '10 DD Austin 13
More from around the web