Golden State fights for playoffs

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The Golden State Warriors had just begun celebrating a blowout win over Utah this week when somebody pulled the fire alarm at Oracle Arena.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
I pay for my Tickets

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2007

Good for the fans in Oakland.

What's scary though is it does put things in perspective for the Ps. A 1st round playoff spot just isn't going to get it for Indy. This city, this state realize making the playoffs and getting knocked out early really doesn't mean anything.

I guess if the Pacers have about 5 seasons of not making the playoffs then we might get excited again.
Golden State Fan

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2007

When you see the organization make bad decisions after bad decisions, you get really happy for anything.

We drafted Todd Fuller, over Kobe Bryant, we drafted Adonal Foyle over Tracy McGrady, and we drafted Mike Dunleavy over Amare Stoudamire. Then we also had Larry Hughes come and go, Antawn Jamison get a max contract and he couldn't live up to that, and had to let Gilbert Arenas go because of the stupid rules of the NBA. The rules have changed since. We gave huge money to Dunleavy and Murphy who showed up once a month against bad teams and didn't do much to live up to those contracts. They were both unatheletic, pathetic, and at times just bad players.

But then the past few years, we have gotten good draft picks in Biedrins and Monta Ellis. We this year made a trade where we got rid of our long term contracts and got two atheletic guys who fit our coach and they both have embraced the team as well.

And we got healthy with Jason Richarson, and now, it might be too late, but those set of players are winning 80% of the games.

If the warriors win out, 4 games, they have a good chance to make the playoffs, and if they winout, they would have beaten Dallas 3 times with year with no loss, and that is the team they play. I think the fans are excited for that as well. For some reason, Nelson has the team ready to play Dallas.
I pay for my Tickets

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2007

Golden State Fan wrote:
When you see the organization make bad decisions after bad decisions, you get really happy for anything.
We drafted Todd Fuller, over Kobe Bryant, we drafted Adonal Foyle over Tracy McGrady, and we drafted Mike Dunleavy over Amare Stoudamire. Then we also had Larry Hughes come and go, Antawn Jamison get a max contract and he couldn't live up to that, and had to let Gilbert Arenas go because of the stupid rules of the NBA. The rules have changed since. We gave huge money to Dunleavy and Murphy who showed up once a month against bad teams and didn't do much to live up to those contracts. They were both unatheletic, pathetic, and at times just bad players.
But then the past few years, we have gotten good draft picks in Biedrins and Monta Ellis. We this year made a trade where we got rid of our long term contracts and got two atheletic guys who fit our coach and they both have embraced the team as well.
And we got healthy with Jason Richarson, and now, it might be too late, but those set of players are winning 80% of the games.
If the warriors win out, 4 games, they have a good chance to make the playoffs, and if they winout, they would have beaten Dallas 3 times with year with no loss, and that is the team they play. I think the fans are excited for that as well. For some reason, Nelson has the team ready to play Dallas.
I was serious when I said I'm happy for Warriors fans. The franchise went a long time in the 80s without making the playoffs so we do know how it feels.

I think the fans are coming to the conclussion Murphy and his contract are a hard pill to swallow. Dunleavy on the other hand is starting to win the faithful over and maybe just needed a change of scenery.

Hopefully Jackson will play well enough that you'll be able to trade him in the off season. Al's a good guy and will represent your team and community well.
Pacer fan

Kendallville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2007

Golden State Fan wrote:
would you like a tissue!!!
Golden State Fan

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2007

Pacer fan wrote:
<quoted text>
would you like a tissue!!!
It seems like you would need the tissue in the future more than me
Golden State Fan

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2007

I pay for my Tickets wrote:
<quoted text>
I was serious when I said I'm happy for Warriors fans. The franchise went a long time in the 80s without making the playoffs so we do know how it feels.
I think the fans are coming to the conclussion Murphy and his contract are a hard pill to swallow. Dunleavy on the other hand is starting to win the faithful over and maybe just needed a change of scenery.
Hopefully Jackson will play well enough that you'll be able to trade him in the off season. Al's a good guy and will represent your team and community well.
Actually Murphy played better for us then Dunleavy, especially considering Dunleavy was the 3rd Pick, come in known for his shooting and playing point forward. I think the expectations was Grant Hill and he didn't even come close to that.

But, if it works out for you guys, thats great.

Jackson, I am not sure we want to trade him now, he can pass the ball, his assists are always near 10 at the end of the game. He can hit the three and he makes good decisions. He also can get in the paint and finish, and he defends very well.

He has cut down on his 3's before the team sets, he is passing the ball much better now, not looking for his own shot, he can hit a clutch shot, and he gets along with the whole team and actually Nelson likes him a lot. So I don't see a reason to trade him.

Al on the other hand, he is not a PF who can rebound. We might be able to package him and Richardson for someone like Toronto's PF or some other PF, maybe Garnett. Or Al can be a good compliment coming off the bench.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••