Pacers' Jackson Sorry for Fight

Pacers' Jackson Sorry for Fight

There are 18 comments on the The Associated Press story from Oct 10, 2006, titled Pacers' Jackson Sorry for Fight . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Indiana Pacers guard Stephen Jackson is 'happy to be alive' after being punched in the mouth and hit by a car during a fight at a strip club in which police say he fired a gun in the air.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

raynbo

Smithboro, NY

#1 Oct 11, 2006
when you put yourself in a position where you have to defend yourself you do! the bigger ? is do you have a detrimental to the club clause in your contract!
ihoosieru

Glendale, AZ

#2 Oct 11, 2006
I am so tire of all this bs with the pacers. Lets see during the brawl in Detroit Jackson was part of it and lets see someone getting in trouble in a bar in the early morning hour and let me see, oh it was Jackson. Maybe they should send Jackson to be with his buddy Artest.
mawno

Shreveport, LA

#3 Oct 11, 2006
ihoosieru wrote:
I am so tire of all this bs with the pacers. Lets see during the brawl in Detroit Jackson was part of it and lets see someone getting in trouble in a bar in the early morning hour and let me see, oh it was Jackson. Maybe they should send Jackson to be with his buddy Artest.
These "men" should have enough sense and enough respect for their teammates, management and city to live a life of good judgement and concern for their reputation. We have a wonderful group of men who appreciate their God given talent. They are not out at 3:30 a,m, looking for trouble. If they weren't looking for trouble. They would not have been armed. Tinsley? bad attitude..Jackson..the same. Where do these two go to stay out of trouble?
edo bg

Frankfort, KY

#4 Oct 11, 2006
jackson is sorry. Sorry that he got his ass kicked.
Ex Pacer fan

AOL

#5 Oct 12, 2006
dumb as hell for firing in air.
someone could have easily been killed
had they fired back. but what is one more homicide in indy.
THE ONE AND ONLY

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Oct 12, 2006
SHUT UP TO ALL THE NEGATIVITY PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT STEVE. HE LIKE ANY OTHER HUMAN BEING, HE LIKE TO GO OUT AND HAVE FUN GET OFF THE MAN BACK. IF HE WORK AT A BURGER KING OR ANY OTHER PLACE DID NOT PAY HIM THAT MUCH MONEY YOU PEOPLE WOULD NOT EVEN CARE SO GO KICK SOME ROCKS HATERS!
fran

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Oct 12, 2006
THEY ARE DUMB AS THEY CAN BE. DISGRACE TO THE NBA. KIDS LOOK UP TO THEM AND THIS FOR A ROLL MODEL. I WOULD NOT WANT MY KIDS OR GRAND CHILDREN LOOKING UP TO THEM AS ROLL MODELS. THEY SHOULD BE KICK OUT OF NBA. THEY GET PAID ALL THIS MONEY AND KIDS OVER IN FOREIGN COUNTRY STARVING AND SUFFERING. THEY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH THEIR MONEY BUT THROW IT AWAY IN THE COURT SYSTEMS. HEY GIVE ME THOSE MILLIONS AND LET SOMEONE WITH SOME SINCE USE IT THE RIGHT WAY DUMMY
YOU KNOW

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Oct 12, 2006
THAT BOY FINGERS IS NOT HANDICAP. I KNOW HIM PERSONALLY HE IS A BIG TIME DRUG DEALER AND HIS COUSIN TOO THEY HANG IN HAUGHVILLE WITH MY BOTHER.
L Hud

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Oct 12, 2006
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS YOU HAVE -- IF YOU'RE GHETTO, YOU ARE GHETTO. YOU CANNOT FOOL THE PUBLIC BY PUTTING ON A SUIT ONE DAY AND THEN OUT SHOOTING UP IN THE AIR THE NEXT DAY. IF YOU HAVE CLASS AND SOME DIGNITY ABOUT YOURSELF, YOUR STUPID BEHIND WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN AT A LOW-LIFE PLACE LIKE CLUB RIO ANYWAY. GROW UP ALREADY, GET A LIFE AND QUIT FRONTING. THAT GOES FOR JAMAL TINSLEY TOO. AND, THEN ON TOP OF IT ALL, THEY HAVE TO TRY AND CORRUPT THE NEW PACERS. SICK.. SICK.. SICK..
Look at the big picture

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Oct 12, 2006
THE ONE AND ONLY wrote:
SHUT UP TO ALL THE NEGATIVITY PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT STEVE. HE LIKE ANY OTHER HUMAN BEING, HE LIKE TO GO OUT AND HAVE FUN GET OFF THE MAN BACK. IF HE WORK AT A BURGER KING OR ANY OTHER PLACE DID NOT PAY HIM THAT MUCH MONEY YOU PEOPLE WOULD NOT EVEN CARE SO GO KICK SOME ROCKS HATERS!
The thing is... They do not work at Burger King. They are in fact out in the eye's of all around us and looked upon by more than someone just ordering a burger. They represent Indiana and play as a role model for children. So, they do need to watch what they are doing and pay attention to how their actions will effect others, especially kids that look up to them. Do you want kids to think that it is OK to fight or shoot a gun because a Pacer player did it? Let's look at the big picture here. Yes, they are human beings but choosing their career path, they have a direct effect on our community.
ZZTOPCAT

Troy, MI

#11 Oct 12, 2006
If convicted of a felony, do not just suspend him - fire him; he has caused enough damage to the club. As for others involved, they should be disciplined for conduct that is detrimental to the team and the organization. This franchise has gone from a model team to one of thugs and gangsters. The organization needs to clean house or fire some of the top management for lack of potency in dealing with these matters. I am downright ashamed of this team and will not watch a game this year.
edo bg

Frankfort, KY

#12 Oct 12, 2006
L Hud wrote:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS YOU HAVE -- IF YOU'RE GHETTO, YOU ARE GHETTO. YOU CANNOT FOOL THE PUBLIC BY PUTTING ON A SUIT ONE DAY AND THEN OUT SHOOTING UP IN THE AIR THE NEXT DAY. IF YOU HAVE CLASS AND SOME DIGNITY ABOUT YOURSELF, YOUR STUPID BEHIND WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN AT A LOW-LIFE PLACE LIKE CLUB RIO ANYWAY. GROW UP ALREADY, GET A LIFE AND QUIT FRONTING. THAT GOES FOR JAMAL TINSLEY TOO. AND, THEN ON TOP OF IT ALL, THEY HAVE TO TRY AND CORRUPT THE NEW PACERS. SICK.. SICK.. SICK..
I'm sorry to say this because pacers are the only nba team in the area and i love to watch them, but they are becomming the trailblazers of few years back. They need to let theese idiots go and get jermaine o'neal some help. No wonder stojakovic didn't want to resign. He saw what was going on with the organization. Larry bird needs to put his foot down before it's too late and pacers are in the lottery every year.
Jay

Moseley, VA

#15 Oct 17, 2006
THE ONE AND ONLY wrote:
What in the hell are you talking about? Maybe you should take an English 101 class.
COLTSFOREVER

Brookfield, WI

#16 Oct 17, 2006
It was a bar fight. People get into fights all the time. So what if the person was handi-CAPABLE! If you well enough to talk sh*t you're well enough to get knocked the heck out.

Jackson doesn't owe anyone an apology. Holler "FOUL" when he kills someone 'cause that's all we can do. The fact that he is a "Pacer" means nothing. It doesn't mean he has to walk on a tighter rope over our laws and precepts and it definitely doesn't give the rest of us the right to disrespect him (or anyone). We all want to yell how people in the spotlight need to present themselves better. What about you jerks in the dark? You take that uniform off Jackson and he's just another man at a bar who got into a fight. And I hope he got a good swing in if it was necessary.
edo bg

Frankfort, KY

#17 Oct 17, 2006
Pacer Backer wrote:
It was a bar fight. People get into fights all the time. So what if the person was handi-CAPABLE! If you well enough to talk sh*t you're well enough to get knocked the heck out.
Jackson doesn't owe anyone an apology. Holler "FOUL" when he kills someone 'cause that's all we can do. The fact that he is a "Pacer" means nothing. It doesn't mean he has to walk on a tighter rope over our laws and precepts and it definitely doesn't give the rest of us the right to disrespect him (or anyone). We all want to yell how people in the spotlight need to present themselves better. What about you jerks in the dark? You take that uniform off Jackson and he's just another man at a bar who got into a fight. And I hope he got a good swing in if it was necessary.
By the look of his lip it looks like he lost and then tried grabing a gun. What a punk
COLTSFOREVER

Brookfield, WI

#18 Oct 17, 2006
edo bg wrote:
<quoted text>
By the look of his lip it looks like he lost and then tried grabing a gun. What a punk
We give a hit, we take a hit. I think I'd get a gun too if someone up the stakes to cars. Like he's gonna ruin his on whip to make smashes with the handi-mobile.

No points this round, edo bg. Please play again.
brandon

Macon, GA

#19 Oct 18, 2006
I think stephen jackson was right in what he done. If I would have got hit by a car and punched in the mouth I would have fired the gun also.
Ex Pacer fan

AOL

#20 Oct 26, 2006
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay I see he should of shot at the car and killed the men he got in a fight with and went off to jail for about 15 years I see
That would have been good too.
got rid of a dope dealer, do the job the pacers don't have the balls to do, get rid of a jerk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spurs forward Stephen Jackson fined for Twitter... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sam 2
News Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1
News Basketball Wives LA: TV Review (Aug '11) Oct '11 Sammy 25
News Jackson, Bobcats rally past Warriors 121-113 in OT (Jan '11) Jan '11 matt_jackson-vita... 1
News Bobcats 108, Timberwolves 105 (OT): The pattern... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Fan 1
News NBA suspends Bobcats' Jackson for berating ref (Nov '10) Nov '10 B-B Fan 1
News Timberwolves show their age in late meltdown ag... (Nov '10) Nov '10 DD Austin 13
More from around the web