Pacers, NBA officials talk about stri...

Pacers, NBA officials talk about strip club fight

There are 47 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 24, 2006, titled Pacers, NBA officials talk about strip club fight. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Payton Wells Chevrolet The Only Dealer Downtown! Stop in today for a great deal on Chevrolet cars, trucks and SUV's Huge Price Reduction! Every Vehicle Below Book Value Quality Luxury Imports BMWs, Lexus, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Don

Bridgeport, WV

#1 Oct 24, 2006
So it's O.K. to carry guns and go clubing while on probation?
Pacer fan

United States

#2 Oct 24, 2006
In my party days I went to club rio a few times, that place is a dive and the girls are nasty. You think with there cash, they could at least visit a nice strip club !
bud

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Oct 24, 2006
In other words the NBA did not do squat. Typical for any sport governing body.
Pacer Fan

Canton, MI

#4 Oct 24, 2006
Only one comment: What were they doing at a place like that? That's not a place a role model goes!
curious

Brownsburg, IN

#5 Oct 24, 2006
If they went over things they go over every day, then why didn't it sink it. One would think, if i heard something everyday, they must be telling me for a reason. But you know, it would just be cool to do it anyway.
amanda

Arcadia, IN

#6 Oct 24, 2006
Don wrote:
So it's O.K. to carry guns and go clubing while on probation?
going to the club on probation???? the last time i checked it wasn't illegal. but i could be wrong
mee

United States

#7 Oct 24, 2006
how can u have a gun permit on probation i cant and i know hundreds more cant either and what in the hell does nba security have to do with a crime and if u need somebody to talk to u about guns then u dont need one
amanda

Arcadia, IN

#8 Oct 24, 2006
Pacer Fan wrote:
Only one comment: What were they doing at a place like that? That's not a place a role model goes!
they are adults they can go where ever they want to go. Roll modles dont shoot up the place and get in to browles but they are free to enjoy them selves as long as it's not illegal. rather or not it's in a nasty strip club. Their business...
amanda

Arcadia, IN

#9 Oct 24, 2006
role, oop's
Concerned Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Oct 24, 2006
bud wrote:
In other words the NBA did not do squat. Typical for any sport governing body.
Just a couple funny quotes in the article
1. Per Jackson - since they had their license that can carry guns and shot at people
2. Per Daniels - NBA players are told everyday that if they have a gun license then it's ok to go to strip clubs, do drugs, and shoot at people.

What a disgrace to our city. I blame Bird and Walsh for bringing this trash to our city. I hope Jackson goes to jail so they have no choice to get rid of him.
native hoosier in CO

Jasper, GA

#12 Oct 24, 2006
jacksons comments sums up the modern atheletes "all about me" attitude...."We had our license, so there wasn't too much they could say to us." Not one bit of regret in that sentence.
Concerned Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Oct 24, 2006
amanda wrote:
<quoted text> going to the club on probation???? the last time i checked it wasn't illegal. but i could be wrong
I think that he was referring to carrying a gun on probation?
amanda

Arcadia, IN

#14 Oct 24, 2006
Concerned Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a couple funny quotes in the article
1. Per Jackson - since they had their license that can carry guns and shot at people
2. Per Daniels - NBA players are told everyday that if they have a gun license then it's ok to go to strip clubs, do drugs, and shoot at people.
What a disgrace to our city. I blame Bird and Walsh for bringing this trash to our city. I hope Jackson goes to jail so they have no choice to get rid of him.
This city was already a disgrace before the pacer incident. the pacers had nothing to do with that!!!
Rafael from Chicago

Northbrook, IL

#15 Oct 24, 2006
I pains me to see the state of the Indiana Pacers. My Father and I are huge Pacer fans. My father raised me on Pacer and Celtic basketball. It seems we have had a good team for a long time. One of the good examples of how a franchise should be run. Now, we are joke. I live in Chicago. Land of the Bulls, which I'm not a fan of, but it seems the Bulls have got their team together. I get harrassed about my Pacer gear from Bulls fans and other non-basketball fans. I'm used to the Bulls fans, but now I got everyone else heckling me about my "thug" team? It's going to be hard to stick up for my home town team, much less watch them.
When will they return?
Rafael from Chicago
Grammar Police

Alexandria, KY

#16 Oct 24, 2006
amanda wrote:
<quoted text> This city was already a disgrace before the pacer incident. the pacers had nothing to do with that!!!
Your horrible grammar and spelling is a disgrace to not only the city but you, your parents, any siblings you have, friends of yours and anyone who can spell THEMSELVES (not them selves), MODELS (not modles) and BRAWLS (not browles). Please don't try philosophy until you can spell sweety.
The Dude

United States

#19 Oct 24, 2006
Please, Please, Please get these guys off of our team Larry! Trade Stephen 'wacko' Jacko for some Nachos...and Tinsley for a Dr. Pepper.

You'll sell more tickets if you do...
The Dude

United States

#20 Oct 24, 2006
"They shouldnt be your role model or your kids role model. Who in their right mind would expect pro athletes to be role models???"

10 year old kids. Sad, but true. And don't pretend like you can control your children to the point that you have ownership of their thoughts.
My father told me when I was young that i shouldn't have Pro athletes as a role model. Did that matter? Nope. Thank god Walter Payton was my favorite player.
Pacer Blue

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Oct 24, 2006
Rafael from Chicago wrote:
I pains me to see the state of the Indiana Pacers. My Father and I are huge Pacer fans. My father raised me on Pacer and Celtic basketball. It seems we have had a good team for a long time. One of the good examples of how a franchise should be run. Now, we are joke. I live in Chicago. Land of the Bulls, which I'm not a fan of, but it seems the Bulls have got their team together. I get harrassed about my Pacer gear from Bulls fans and other non-basketball fans. I'm used to the Bulls fans, but now I got everyone else heckling me about my "thug" team? It's going to be hard to stick up for my home town team, much less watch them.
When will they return?
Rafael from Chicago
I will come up and cheer with you buddy. But if you haven't sinned, please cast the stone.
Robert

United States

#23 Oct 24, 2006
How come these guys geel they have to carry weapons (and be out at 3AM) when most of us get along just fine without weapons everyday?

Because they're thugs!
Bruce

Circleville, OH

#24 Oct 24, 2006
Stephen Jackson, Marquis Daniels, and Jamaal Tinsley.....Booo, Booo, Booo!
Dump 'em!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spurs forward Stephen Jackson fined for Twitter... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sam 2
News Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1
News Basketball Wives LA: TV Review (Aug '11) Oct '11 Sammy 25
News Jackson, Bobcats rally past Warriors 121-113 in OT (Jan '11) Jan '11 matt_jackson-vita... 1
News Bobcats 108, Timberwolves 105 (OT): The pattern... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Fan 1
News NBA suspends Bobcats' Jackson for berating ref (Nov '10) Nov '10 B-B Fan 1
News Timberwolves show their age in late meltdown ag... (Nov '10) Nov '10 DD Austin 13
More from around the web