Carlisle expects Jackson to play Satu...

Carlisle expects Jackson to play Saturday

There are 57 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 13, 2006, titled Carlisle expects Jackson to play Saturday. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Indiana Pacers shooting guard Stephen Jackson was back on the practice court today a day after he was booked and released on a felony recklessness charge and two misdemeanor charges for his part in a fight at a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Brian H

Glendale, CA

#42 Oct 13, 2006
Am I missing something here....fight aside...I thought that if a person was on probation then they cannot be in possession of a firearm, no matter what type of probabtion. That alone should be enough for Jackson to have to go to jail.
lynn

United States

#43 Oct 13, 2006
I can't believe he should even play let alone his coach making comments concerning " we need to acclimate him to the team "

Extremely disappointed in Pacer leadership !!!

We do have " characters " on this team who do not have or understand true character.
Matt

Bloomington, IN

#44 Oct 13, 2006
As long as this guy is on the team, you won't see me watching
Qinglei Lou

China

#45 Oct 13, 2006
Hope he will make a career game, scoring more than 40 or 50......
michael melchiori

Salem, OR

#46 Oct 13, 2006
I think people should not judge athletes on what they do off the court. They are human and we all make mistakes. Stephen Jackson was the most durable player last year and the team would miss him if he were gone.
Andy

Howe, IN

#47 Oct 13, 2006
You know what, Jackson made a mistake, but I'm gonna give him a chance to move on...

Are the other three ever going to apologize for being out so late during camp?
barb

Indianapolis, IN

#48 Oct 13, 2006
Dan wrote:
I'm glad he's back. I hope people wait to judge Stephen until they hear all the facts of what happened last Friday. He's a great basketball player and a very nice person, we are very lucky to have him in Indiana
LUCKY to have another gun totin', sex promoting, druggie in Indiana? I think NOT!
Disappointed

Louisville, KY

#49 Oct 13, 2006
Sad to see how short sighted some individuals are when it comes to their actions and impulses. I'm not proud to be a fan of a team that seems to re visit such actions every year now.
Disappointed.
Indy Sports Fan

United States

#50 Oct 13, 2006
In all honesty, I don't think it really matters what you or I say about Jackson. I think the final decision will come down to the Judaical system in Detroit and in Indianapolis. On top of all of that, I really don't think the league is going to support Jackson all that much after the trials are over, and a verdict is reached. I do believe there will be a sentence, at least in Detroit.

We need to worry less about one or two individuals, and support the Pacers as a team. After all ... that is what Walsh and Bird say ... as well as J.O. and the rest of this team.

Their best bet is to play ball, and let things fall as they will. I think that is exactly how the Colts would handle this type if situation if they were faced with it as well. You have to put your energy and efforts on the rest of the guys who are giving it all in support of what they are ... a professional sports team.
benson

Carmel, IN

#51 Oct 13, 2006
he needs to be fired
Shannon

Indianapolis, IN

#52 Oct 13, 2006
August wrote:
He's not going anywhere people so stop crying about my friend Stephen Jackson!
Girl please the fans is what makes him rich. What is he your friend because he is giving you a few little dollars. If he is your friend tell him to stop making dumb comments about the fans.
Shannon

Indianapolis, IN

#53 Oct 13, 2006
August wrote:
Yaw just mad because Indiana Can't win a championship in any sport outside highschool! And your trying to vent your frustration for being Indiana Losers on my friend Mr. Jackson. That's whay you call him because none of you know him! You all just wish your were God. But most of you are really Satan!
please go back to school for english class. No wonder he is your friend you are not to bright.
ERICA

Indianapolis, IN

#54 Oct 13, 2006
Matt wrote:
As long as this guy is on the team, you won't see me watching
WHO CARES??????????
ERICA

Indianapolis, IN

#55 Oct 13, 2006
Shannon wrote:
<quoted text>Girl please the fans is what makes him rich. What is he your friend because he is giving you a few little dollars. If he is your friend tell him to stop making dumb comments about the fans.
YOU CALLED HER DUMB, LOOK AT THE WAY YOU SPEAK!!!!!!!!!!
ERICA

Indianapolis, IN

#56 Oct 13, 2006
barb wrote:
<quoted text> LUCKY to have another gun totin', sex promoting, druggie in Indiana? I think NOT!
SHUT THE H*LL UP!!!!!!!!!!
ERICA

Indianapolis, IN

#57 Oct 13, 2006
ALL OF YOU JACKSON BASHER'S CAN SHUT THE H E L L UP!!!!!!!!!!
Hammer

Portland, CT

#58 Oct 13, 2006
Hopefully things can move on and the season not be affected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spurs forward Stephen Jackson fined for Twitter... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sam 2
News Surging San Antonio Spurs top Cleveland Cavaliers (Apr '12) Apr '12 Split Lickety 1
News Basketball Wives LA: TV Review (Aug '11) Oct '11 Sammy 25
News Jackson, Bobcats rally past Warriors 121-113 in OT (Jan '11) Jan '11 matt_jackson-vita... 1
News Bobcats 108, Timberwolves 105 (OT): The pattern... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Fan 1
News NBA suspends Bobcats' Jackson for berating ref (Nov '10) Nov '10 B-B Fan 1
News Timberwolves show their age in late meltdown ag... (Nov '10) Nov '10 DD Austin 13
More from around the web