Bird confident Pacers mixing up a winner

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

"Chemistry" was the word Larry Bird threw around Conseco Fieldhouse on Friday. Ask the Indiana Pacers president what the key to success is this season, and he said chemistry.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sammy

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Uh...yeah.
rick risley

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

amazing! I am surprised he knew the word let alone know what it means. I guess he had to say something, only Jermaine Oneal is the one who knows how good it can be since he ran everybody off and now he gets all the attention. This team will be lucky to win 15 games. Lets see how many games our leaders have missed due to injuries and just dont care to play. I hope i am wrong!

Since: Sep 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

When will the team be a winner? Is that before or after half the team is in legal trouble or on league suspension? I wouldn't waste my time watching the Pacers or the rest of the thug BB association. Unfortunately the NFL isn't far behind!
Seacher

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Well I think the first step to having a good team is to get rid of Williams and others who seem to have no respect for the team or the law...
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Bird's been smoking with the boys...Hey maybe that makes for good chemistry.
PreferNFL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Better headline:

"Bird confident Pacers mixed up"
Don of Indy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Shawn Marion has asked for a trade. Does this sound anywhere near or even remotely like a opportunity to improve the team? O'Neal to Phoenix for Marion and Banks. Then look to SHIP Tinsley. If Granger and Dunleavy don't come around by mid season.....ship them both together for No. 1 draft picks. Foster and Murphy might get you Bynum!? Thats what you call rebuilding!!!
Boom Baby Illinois

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Who is Larry Bird kidding. The only chemistry this team has is in the back of a police car. Bad apples O'Neal, Tinsley, Daniels are still there. Oh by the way, how many teams were interested in the great superstar Jermaine O'Neal--Case Closed, Bird must go.
MIKE RAFFONE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Chemistry" was the word, sure like baking soda mixing with vinegar!!
On Birdbrained Bravado

Poland, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

If Bird really believes the words he has said, then he himself has provided yet more convincing evidence that he is not fit to be the Pacers's head honcho and should be fired. What a birdbrain!
Michael

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

You posters are all so ignorant...
Colt45

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Michael wrote:
Ok Wacko...
say what

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Ok, I understand everyone is down on the Pacers not only b/c players seem to make the news more than they make their jumpshots, but I believe they did a good thing by not going out and grabbing a big name in a trade (because they couldnt sign a big name thru free agency b/c of the salary cap), but if you look at a team like the Bulls, who on their is a big name player? Yes Kirk Hinrich and Ben Gordan and company now are well known, but they weren't before the last season or two. It takes excellent coaching and Coach O'brien just might be the guy to bring that to this team. Remember, we still have JO and we have a very good player in Daniels...also Granger could be a very good player if he isnt forced to just shoot threes like RC had him doing. Tinsley may also be better under this new system. Who knows until the games start being played. But listen, it is what it is and either you are going to be a fan or you are not. But if this team so happens to turn out to be as good as Bird thinks they can be, all you haters and doubters don't try to jump on the bandwagon b/c the seats won't be there for you.
Colt45

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

say what wrote:
Ok, I understand everyone is down on the Pacers not only b/c players seem to make the news more than they make their jumpshots, but I believe they did a good thing by not going out and grabbing a big name in a trade (because they couldnt sign a big name thru free agency b/c of the salary cap), but if you look at a team like the Bulls, who on their is a big name player? Yes Kirk Hinrich and Ben Gordan and company now are well known, but they weren't before the last season or two. It takes excellent coaching and Coach O'brien just might be the guy to bring that to this team. Remember, we still have JO and we have a very good player in Daniels...also Granger could be a very good player if he isnt forced to just shoot threes like RC had him doing. Tinsley may also be better under this new system. Who knows until the games start being played. But listen, it is what it is and either you are going to be a fan or you are not. But if this team so happens to turn out to be as good as Bird thinks they can be, all you haters and doubters don't try to jump on the bandwagon b/c the seats won't be there for you.
Is this Miss South Carolina?
You sure sound like her...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
tony e

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Michael wrote:
I'm not prepared to abandon ship yet either. I see some positive moves and I've been a Pacer fan since the beginning. How about giving the new players a training camp together and a little time to gel before passing judgement. I'm also looking forward to the new coaching staff and a more upbeat wide open style of play. Tinsley as well as most of the other players should prosper in this system. I don't expect a miracle turn around but this team could surprise some people. Give em a chance; if a trade is needed, a better one could probably be done closer to the trade deadline.
Nashville TN Pacer fan

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Just like the Titans, the Pacers will surprise everyone and go deep into the playoffs!!

Since: Sep 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Nashville TN Pacer fan wrote:
Just like the Titans, the Pacers will surprise everyone and go deep into the playoffs!!
Right!!!!
Paul

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

This year will resemble the mid-80's! They maybe get 20 wins and there will be several empty seats night in and night out.
Bart

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Our team is a generic suns/mavericks team.. we should be ranked 25 in power rankings lol.
ADOPTTVBLACKOUTS

Greencastle, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

I would just like to say that I bet bird would be more confident if the Pacers would adopt the blackout rule. And black out every single game other then playoff games were less then 90% of the tickets are sold. And every month he should pick a game that needs to sell out to avoid being blacked out. Then if the game is blacked out and FSN indiana doesn't know what to show durring the black out. Then shoot, just show Purdue B-Ball and if that's not on then show Buttler B-Ball and if that isn't on then just show Blues hockey or some other near by NHL team. I bet that would at the very least double the Pacers proffit in ticket sales and merchandice. And for the record the NFL doesn't ever need another black out rule.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stephen Graham Discussions

Search the Stephen Graham Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Paul's last-second 3 buries Pacers (Jan '09) Feb '09 unknown 5
S. Graham finally sees court (Dec '07) Dec '07 John 1
O'Brien: Tinsley did nothing wrong (Dec '07) Dec '07 buster 72
Climbing back into contention (Oct '07) Nov '07 Amazing 26
Minutes will be spread evenly (Oct '07) Oct '07 Mike Wells is wrong 2
O'Brien likes group that's likely to start (Oct '07) Oct '07 Warriors Fan 3
Bird: Pacers are better than last year (Sep '07) Oct '07 Pacer Pride 60
•••
•••