Candid Cam: Warriors need new coach, then much more to contend

Apr 27, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Contra Costa Times

Golden State Warriors head coach Keith Smart directs his players during the fourth quarter of an NBA basketball game against the Philadelphia 76ers, Monday, Dec.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Apr 27, 2011
Rey Buenabal

South San Francisco, CA

#1 Apr 27, 2011
I actually like Keith Smart and I think the players like him, too including Steph Curry. I don't understand why Lacob needs to replace him at this stage when they seemed to be doing well with Smart. Were it not for David Lee's elbow problem, they could have won 10 more games. This constantly changing personnel is not a good thing. You need time for players and coaches to bond. Jerry Sloan said this in one of his interviews. Smart's playing Acie Law more was merely to replace a very tired and mistake prone Curry. Acie when in the game brings energy because he is fresh and takes the ball to the basket. Jim Barnett likes Acie's game and energy. Curry never really rested due to USA Basketball, etc. It hurt his game noticeably. He also sprained his foot like 5 times, he can't be playing too much or damage it forever. Even
Don Nelson commented that Curry has regressed this season. We need to add a decent big man and a point forward to be a playoff team, not replacing a decent coach who is the consensus choice of the players.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Curry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Kerr spurns Knicks, agrees to coach Warriors May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Monta Ellis of Dallas Mavericks Better Overall ... Apr '14 Hsully 1
Indiana Pacers hold off Golden State Warriors 1... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Ginobili 1
Golden State Warriors: 5 Things to Watch for vs... (Jan '14) Jan '14 asad khan 1
Stephen Curry - nude! (Mar '13) Mar '13 Odessa 1
Warriors' play as bad as officiating (Jan '13) Feb '13 Ginobili 3
Very cool Stephen Curry video I came across (Nov '12) Nov '12 ARianFosted 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Stephen Curry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••