Davidson dominates WCU, 82-67

There are 6 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jan 21, 2008, titled Davidson dominates WCU, 82-67. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

The class of the Southern Conference rolled into the Ramsey Center on Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

unreal

Glennville, GA

#1 Jan 22, 2008
Does this actually surprise anyone? The men's basketball program is terrible, there are some high school teams in NC that are better. Things are not going to get better any time soon. Time for a change.
WCU fan

Greenville, NC

#2 Jan 22, 2008
WCU has always been bad in basketball. This hasn't changed no matter who they've brought in. You think some coach is just going to magically turn a team of young players into conference champions? If you're going to blame someone, blame the students and fans for not showing up for the games. As long this apathetic, "blame the coach" attitude exists, WCU will always stink in all sports, just as they always have.
Fire Cat

Oak Ridge, NC

#3 Jan 22, 2008
Wow, thanks for the reality. Back in the early 80's there was over 4,000 in a small gym to watch a team play. They beat better athletes because there was a lot of energy in the place.
There was an article in the G-Boro paper today about Miami U B-ball and how they only get 50% at 2 games a year.
Good Luck Cats! Make something happen!
unreal

United States

#4 Jan 22, 2008
WCU fan wrote:
WCU has always been bad in basketball. This hasn't changed no matter who they've brought in. You think some coach is just going to magically turn a team of young players into conference champions? If you're going to blame someone, blame the students and fans for not showing up for the games. As long this apathetic, "blame the coach" attitude exists, WCU will always stink in all sports, just as they always have.
I am sorry, but I don't see anything in my post that states "blame the coach". The change needs to start at the top with Bardo, down to Smith, then see where it all lands. As for the coach, I don't question his X's and O's of the game. However, his ability to recruit quality players will continue as long as he recruits so heavily in Ohio. Quality players there have far too many choices at major and mid-major colleges.
As for blaming the students and fans, well give them something to cheer for and they will show up. That is a cop out. Basketball is not a popular sport in WNC, that is just a fact.
Now, put a monster truck show, or some wrestling and they will fill that place up.
WCU fan

Greenville, NC

#5 Jan 22, 2008
unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry, but I don't see anything in my post that states "blame the coach". The change needs to start at the top with Bardo, down to Smith, then see where it all lands. As for the coach, I don't question his X's and O's of the game. However, his ability to recruit quality players will continue as long as he recruits so heavily in Ohio. Quality players there have far too many choices at major and mid-major colleges.
As for blaming the students and fans, well give them something to cheer for and they will show up. That is a cop out. Basketball is not a popular sport in WNC, that is just a fact.
Now, put a monster truck show, or some wrestling and they will fill that place up.
I agree with you and realize that WCU probably has lacked some leadership by the administration. I shouldn't have inferred by your post that you wanted Hunter out, because you didn't say that. I was just wanted to say that a little fan support and caring could go a long way for WCU and WNC. Sports could do so much for the economy of WNC, just like it has in other areas of NC and the country. But this can only happen if enough people give a crap.
BIG CAT FAN

United States

#6 Jan 24, 2008
WHAT DOES BARDO PLAY, GUARD OR FORWARD? I GUESS SMITH IS A CENTER.
unreal wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Curry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stephen Curry, a Warrior with a golden touch, i... 9 hr tom wingo 4
News Stephen Curry Spent A Summer Changing His Shoot... Dec '14 faith short 1
News Steve Kerr spurns Knicks, agrees to coach Warriors (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Monta Ellis of Dallas Mavericks Better Overall ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Hsully 1
News Indiana Pacers hold off Golden State Warriors 1... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Ginobili 1
News Golden State Warriors: 5 Things to Watch for vs... (Jan '14) Jan '14 asad khan 1
Stephen Curry - nude! (Mar '13) Mar '13 Odessa 1
More from around the web