Beaten, benched

Beaten, benched

There are 45 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 15, 2008, titled Beaten, benched. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

After four straight games against NBA heavyweights, the stars were aligned in the Timberwolves' favor Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

P-O-S

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Dec 16, 2008
Ya Darn Tootin wrote:
I know this is out of left field, but isn't it a drag to listen to Tom Hanneman broadcast games? I turned on the game last night and heard his voice and immediately turned the channel. Partly because he's so depressing sounding, and partly because the Woofs(what I call them) are so horrible. Even if they were great I'd have to watch with the games on mute.
I don't disagree, but do you want Hanneman's job? Like the 15 other posters said, this team, is a disaster. Mr. Rogers couldn't be positive with this crew out there. And how do you expect this team to play hard for McHale, when they realize that he is the number one reason this team is where they are. Look at the two trades he made this year with the two rookies. But we got two Love and Miller and Cash. I think the Cash McHale wanted was Johnnie Cash(another white stiff). Does anyone else think that that McHale has something against talented non-caucasion basketball players. Look at his draft and trade history.
umm

United States

#22 Dec 16, 2008
Wendell, you should worry.
Has it ever occurred to some of you McFail haters out there that maybe, just maybe, Glen Failure is a BIG part of this (dis)organization's complete lack of competitiveness.
We don't need to go far back, historically, to see why another garbage season by these scrubs shouldn't provide a glimmer of hope.
Mayo
Roy
M. Chalmers
See?
The wolves are DOOMED to fail, faIL, FAIL! It's only a matter of time before MN has no NBA team. Mark my words...
(scary, huh)
ugh

United States

#23 Dec 16, 2008
UGH!!
Ripple Lake Loon

Vining, MN

#24 Dec 16, 2008
There is a positive aspect the the current performances of our Timberwusses. Soon the homeless will have a place to get in out of the cold. Mr. Taylor and Co. will have to open the doors to the homeless just to have folks sitting in the seats. If the Timberwusses were a family pet, the poor thing would be put to sleep. Only the economy is in a sorrier shape than the Minnesota Timberwusses. Merry Christmas, NBA Fans of the Upper Midwest!
AZAce

Surprise, AZ

#25 Dec 16, 2008
OK! I think it fair to say that the TKitties cannot win with any coach. This is a McHale problem. He put this team together and it is obvious that this team cannot win enough to be competitive. McHale has failed Taylor, he has failed the fans and he has failed the coaches he has hired. I think Taylor has finally figured this out! The idea of McHale losing with the team he crafted is especailly appealing to me. Glen is giving Kevin the rope and McHale is hanging himself with it. However, it is imperative that the Wolves hired a true and tested front office guy to run this franchise in the future. The T Wolves have an enormous credibility problem at this time and it needs to be fixed with the right GM and coach next year.
txiong

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Dec 16, 2008
trade foye and mccants now, wait for the draft and get lucky then draft thabeet and harden...
Taylor gave him the ball

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Dec 16, 2008
now he's giving him the anchor......hope he can swim better than he can draft or trade....
REV BRIAN

Saint Paul, MN

#28 Dec 16, 2008
AZAce wrote:
Glen is giving Kevin the rope and McHale is hanging himself with it.
The truest words I have read all week. Right on. Good post.
Shuckler

Anaheim, CA

#29 Dec 16, 2008
Someone please get ride of McFail. Basketball in Minnesota has died because of him.
Lawrence of St Paul

Fargo, ND

#30 Dec 16, 2008
Look the Wolves were never as good as advertised. While that is mostly McHale's fault, nobody can coach these guys to a championship. The Wolves simply do not have enough talent.

Al Jefferson was not, is not, and ain't never gonna be as good as Kevin Garnett. The C's knew this.

Randy Foye is not, will not, and ain't never gonna be a terrific point guard. The Trailblazer's were happy to part with him.

Kevin Love will not, has not, and ain't never gonna conjure up memories of Bill Walton. Memphis was excited to get OJ Mayo.

And Rashad McCants is always gonna be a guy that should never get off the bench. Period.

There just isn't any talent. That's why you trade your superstar when he or she has absolutely nothing left in the tank. All of you that clamored for Garnett's trade share McHale's failures.
Rudy

Saint Paul, MN

#31 Dec 16, 2008
This speaks volumes about the larger condition of the NBA. "NBA: It's FAN-tastic!" There are only a couple interesting teams in the NBA and the rest are just garbage-time from the opening tap onward. A game between two horrible teams is just that -- horrible. What's entertaining about Minnesota, Sacramento, Oklahoma City, New York, Charlotte, Indiana, etc.? Nothing. And that's the problem.
P-O-S

Saint Paul, MN

#32 Dec 16, 2008
Lawrence of St Paul wrote:
Look the Wolves were never as good as advertised. While that is mostly McHale's fault, nobody can coach these guys to a championship. The Wolves simply do not have enough talent.
Al Jefferson was not, is not, and ain't never gonna be as good as Kevin Garnett. The C's knew this.
Randy Foye is not, will not, and ain't never gonna be a terrific point guard. The Trailblazer's were happy to part with him.
Kevin Love will not, has not, and ain't never gonna conjure up memories of Bill Walton. Memphis was excited to get OJ Mayo.
And Rashad McCants is always gonna be a guy that should never get off the bench. Period.
There just isn't any talent. That's why you trade your superstar when he or she has absolutely nothing left in the tank. All of you that clamored for Garnett's trade share McHale's failures.
The Garnett trade would have been been fine, except we traded Mayo for a worthless Love. The trade of Jefferson and the Mayo draft pick(Plus other pieces) for Garnett was fine. The Garnett trade just became another bad McHale trade once he traded Mayo for Love. McHale needs to go. Hopefully by the end of this Calendar Year(I know this won't happen though).
d mcclay

Oklahoma City, OK

#33 Dec 16, 2008
txiong wrote:
trade foye and mccants now, wait for the draft and get lucky then draft thabeet and harden...
keep foye until there is a better pg.
the first pick in the next draft should be the pg off the spanish (I thinkK ?) team.
hope to G wolves get that pick.
mccants can go.
they should be able to get some value for miller, who would be good coming off the bench for a good team.
txiong

Minneapolis, MN

#34 Dec 16, 2008
All Wolves fans please boycott all Wolves games live nor tv til Mchale is fired...he gave up Garnett and Wally, the best and 2nd best players on our team to Boston and in return we got back Jefferson and Davis, the 2nd and 4th best players on their team...please do the sametime like I did..boycott all Twolves games...Happy Holidays
txiong

Minneapolis, MN

#35 Dec 16, 2008
Dont wait until the Wolves make changes....this time we bring changes to the Wolves.....boycott all games til McHale is gone....boycott, boycott, boycott....Taylor must understand, this change must happen now...
shoreview Scott

Saint Paul, MN

#36 Dec 16, 2008
what a mess,,,at least Gophers hoopsters can hustle, shoot, play D,,and...WIN ! save your $$$ fans,,empty seats & a quite arena will show Mr Taylor & Cris Wright, Hoigberg, etc...that we dont care and wont care until More changes occur,,,,soon !
TheMaster

United States

#37 Dec 16, 2008
It is so pathetic. If you must go, wear bags on your head.

Roy for Foye, Mayo for Love, Allen for Marbury, 5 first rounders for Joe Smith, Garnett for Al "No D" Jefferson and some spare parts.
I Would Live

Saint Paul, MN

#38 Dec 16, 2008
umm wrote:
Wendell, you should worry.
Has it ever occurred to some of you McFail haters out there that maybe, just maybe, Glen Failure is a BIG part of this (dis)organization's complete lack of competitiveness.
We don't need to go far back, historically, to see why another garbage season by these scrubs shouldn't provide a glimmer of hope.
Mayo
Roy
M. Chalmers
See?
The wolves are DOOMED to fail, faIL, FAIL! It's only a matter of time before MN has no NBA team. Mark my words...
(scary, huh)
No not really.
TheMaster

United States

#39 Dec 17, 2008
I am also sickened every time I see Roy on Sports Center receiving accolades for his play. Meanwhile only question marks surround Foye.
boognish

Kearny, NJ

#40 Dec 17, 2008
What a mess. The fact that McHale and the rest of the front office thought this team was capable of winning 30 more games than they did last year just shows how out of touch with reality they are.

It's fine for a team to be unathletic, if they are a bunch of bruisers. And it's okay for a team to be finesse, if they have extreme athleticism. But this team is undersized, unathletic and slow. It makes very little sense how this team was constructed, and that falls on McHale, Hoiberg and Stack.

Please Mr. Taylor. Get rid of the entire front office and start fresh, with a new head coach and an experienced GM. If you just promote another "country club" member like Hoiberg or Stack, this franchise is doomed. The entire culture of this organization needs to change, and the sooner the better.

What a sad state of affairs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencer Hawes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Philadelphia 76ers: Popular in trade rumors (Feb '14) Feb '14 xKINGxDYCEx 1
News NBA Trade Rumors: Philadelphia 76ers packaging ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 xKINGxDYCEx 1
News Philadelphia 76ers Should Be Cautious About Tra... (Dec '13) Dec '13 xKINGxDYCEx 2
News What Can Philadelphia 76ers Get for Their Veter... (Nov '13) Nov '13 xKINGxDYCEx 1
News Daniel Orton Adds To Philadelphia 76ers' Uncert... (Oct '13) Oct '13 King Dyce 1
News Breaking Down How Andrew Bynum Will Transform P... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Sam 3
News Bob Ford: Andrew Bynum closing in on debut with... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Dallas 1
More from around the web