Sac Police Search Home of Kings' Williams

Sacramento authorities served a search warrant on the home of Kings center Justin Williams Wednesday in an investigation involving a woman who claimed she was raped by the player, a source close to the ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 07

Sacramento, CA

#6 Oct 17, 2007
Ok, he hasn't been charged or found guilty yet. Accusations happen daily so until he's found guilty, you should not refer to him being guilty. What does race have to with it? All races have committed rape no one is immune. No, I am not black, just not a hypocrite.
Jack

Fair Oaks, CA

#8 Oct 18, 2007
Channel 10 - Where is the moderator for this forum? Don't you think the two previous posts are innapropriate? I certainly do..
I hope Justin is innocent and the police do a thorough investigation to prove or disprove the woman's accusations.
I would venture a guess that he is innocent.
Comments like those from SacNative and Peter Puller are blatantly racist and uncalled for.
This comment is from a 78 year old white man..

“Educate everyone.”

Since: Aug 07

Sacramento, California

#9 Oct 18, 2007
Jack wrote:
Channel 10 - Where is the moderator for this forum? Don't you think the two previous posts are innapropriate? I certainly do..
I hope Justin is innocent and the police do a thorough investigation to prove or disprove the woman's accusations.
I would venture a guess that he is innocent.
Comments like those from SacNative and Peter Puller are blatantly racist and uncalled for.
This comment is from a 78 year old white man..
Yeah... I agree. I wish the flagging system actually worked a little better. Racism is not an "opinion".

Having a format for racism isn't what this forum is about.
bibby7500

Gilbert, AZ

#10 Oct 18, 2007
oh no
roadrat

Davis, CA

#13 Oct 18, 2007
Until we know all the facts we should not judge. we need to keep in mind that this Basketball player has the money to do what he wants when he wants, don't you think he can go to Nevada and pay for what he needs as to result to Drugging and raping.---- get real.this so called accusation is probably coming form a very lonely and broke person that don't have anything better to do with her time
Enlighten Me

Sacramento, CA

#19 Oct 18, 2007
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
When were the Kings all white? Ummm...NEVER!
The comment stated, "mostly white" NOT all white...if you can...read it AGAIN!

Since: Jul 07

Folsom

#21 Oct 18, 2007
Wow. So nice that every single one of you assumes the guy is completely innocent and that the woman making the claim is some sort of lonely attention seeking money grubbing whore.

Would you think the same way if it were your sister or daughter making the claim?

We don't even know anything about the lady making the accusations. If she's just in it for the money, she'd have to find a lawyer willing to take her case based on little evidence, and she'd have to be willing to let her life be ruined under intense scrutiny.

If Williams didn't do anything, there's nothing for him to fear. A lot of guys that do rape women still have nothing to fear because they're usually skilled enough to leave no proof whatsoever, and the way the system works, the supposed victim has to jump through hoop after hoop and leap hurdles constantly to prove anything, and they're almost always accused of lying. Why do you think most rapes go unreported?

Nothing ever comes of it unless you can afford a very good lawyer, or unless you've got witnesses willing to testify and someone filmed the act. Otherwise, it's like proving purple elephants can fly with butterfly wings. Nearly impossible. It's a he-said-she-said thing.

Why do you think he's innocent? Because he's a basketball player and he has money? He can get anyone he wants, but none of you idiots seems to get the point in rape is usually not about sex alone. If he wanted sex, he could have gotten it from someone else. Sometimes it's about the thrill of being caught doing something wrong. Sometimes it's about the power. Different people, different reasons.

Besides that...don't you think that if she was in it for the money, she would have gone after someone with a hell of a lot higher public profile and a bigger bank account? Or did that thought not cross your mind?
SacKim

San Francisco, CA

#22 Oct 18, 2007
It is really sad to read these comments. I come here to read opinions, but let's keep it intelligent, and stick to the topic.

I, for one... really hope these aligations are unfounded, for Justin's sake, and, of course the woman. I really hope it is some kind of mis-understanding. The Kings do not need any more bad press like they had last season. I will be very disappointed if his name gets drug through the mud because a woman is trying to get money.. as I will be disappointed if he actually forced himself on someone without their consent..

As far as him "going to Nevada" to fulfill his needs... I don't think he needs to pay for it, he is someone local, not bad looking, who is somewhat of a celebrity. I'm sure there are more than a handful of women that would be willing to "give it up".

Even if this goes deeper into investigation and he is arrested and charged, nobody will ever know the truth except the two of them... Everyone will have mixed opinions saying she consented and knew what she was doing, and the other half will say, no matter what, no means no.... Personally... for me.. I don't know what to think at this point.. I guess I just hope everything turns out well for both parties.. I hope the woman wasn't violated, and I hope Justin isn't falsley accused!

Since: Oct 07

Fair Oaks

#23 Oct 18, 2007
"Besides that...don't you think that if she was in it for the money, she would have gone after someone with a hell of a lot higher public profile and a bigger bank account? Or did that thought not cross your mind?"

She might have gone bigger profile if she had access! Mind you, we don't know the truth. All are innocnet for now.....
David

Phoenix, AZ

#24 Oct 18, 2007
Are Williams and Kobe Bryant related in any way?
Anesh

Oakley, CA

#27 Oct 18, 2007
racism???

where is this coming from...

i just said, "ppl will say anything for money

greedy lady!!!"

where is the racism???

Stockton, CA

#28 Oct 18, 2007
Well if she is one of the groopies then yeah she might have wanted mike bibby but had to settle for Justin Williams.
And they said some kings personnel was there. Its the beginning and more will come out.
I think groopies, if this girl turns out to be one of those groopies, lose a lot of credit because they throw themselves at these "stars" to get attention, free dinners and a "good time" and generally put themselves in these situations.

Ask any sport star and they will tell you what groopies do are stuff.

Stockton, CA

#29 Oct 18, 2007
**Ask any sports star and they will tell you what groopies do AND stuff.
haahaa

Auburn, CA

#30 Oct 18, 2007
Just Say wrote:
Well if she is one of the groopies then yeah she might have wanted mike bibby but had to settle for Justin Williams.
And they said some kings personnel was there. Its the beginning and more will come out.
I think groopies, if this girl turns out to be one of those groopies, lose a lot of credit because they throw themselves at these "stars" to get attention, free dinners and a "good time" and generally put themselves in these situations.
Ask any sport star and they will tell you what groopies do are stuff.
It's spelled G-R-O-U-P-I-E-S, and what in the world are you talking about, "Ask any sport star and they will tell you what groopies do are stuff."????
haahaa

Auburn, CA

#32 Oct 18, 2007
Just Say wrote:
**Ask any sports star and they will tell you what groopies do AND stuff.
Sorry, it just popped up...:)

Since: Sep 07

Sacramento, CA

#33 Oct 18, 2007
Baseball has become irrelevant to me because of past strikes and scandals. Basketball seems to be heading the same way for me. I hope Williams is innocent, but it's still another black mark for Basketball.

Since: Jul 07

Folsom

#34 Oct 18, 2007
The accused = Innocent until proven guilty. Still innocent even when proven guilty, at least in the eyes of friends and family (and sometimes fans).

The accuser = Dirty lying whore who just wants revenge or money. Even when the proof is irrefuteable. Still guilty of being a whore.

Shouldn't it be the opposite? The accused is scrutinized more thoroughly and the accuser is looked at as a victim instead of a perpetrator?

It'd be like someone murdering a person and the murderer is championed as being innocent while the victim somehow wanted to be killed.

Rape is a hell of a thing. If you go to the cops, you're treated like a criminal. If you don't, the person gets away with it. Either way, your whole life is screwed up and you have to live with it til you die.
Black Mark

Auburn, CA

#35 Oct 18, 2007
Poly Ann wrote:
Baseball has become irrelevant to me because of past strikes and scandals. Basketball seems to be heading the same way for me. I hope Williams is innocent, but it's still another black mark for Basketball.
I'm sorry, another what color mark?

haahaa.. just kidding, couldn't resist, you know.. with all the previous racist comments and such.
anonymity is a must

West Sacramento, CA

#36 Oct 18, 2007
awfully peculiar that the police go investigate a week later! I smell something fishy.
YCRES

Sacramento, CA

#37 Oct 18, 2007
He is INNOCENT until proven GUILTY? And what's all this stuff with his girlfriend being involved? Come on, I am definitley not going to have any part with my boyfriend being "intimate" witha another girl. Personally, I feel that there are so many girls "crying wolf" to make a dollar. I think this guy is smarter that to commit this sort of crime knowing what he has at stake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencer Hawes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philadelphia 76ers: Popular in trade rumors (Feb '14) Feb '14 xKINGxDYCEx 1
NBA Trade Rumors: Philadelphia 76ers packaging ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 xKINGxDYCEx 1
Philadelphia 76ers Should Be Cautious About Tra... (Dec '13) Dec '13 xKINGxDYCEx 2
What Can Philadelphia 76ers Get for Their Veter... (Nov '13) Nov '13 xKINGxDYCEx 1
Daniel Orton Adds To Philadelphia 76ers' Uncert... (Oct '13) Oct '13 King Dyce 1
Breaking Down How Andrew Bynum Will Transform P... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Sam 3
Bob Ford: Andrew Bynum closing in on debut with... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Dallas 1

Spencer Hawes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE