Timberwolves hold on to beat Kings in season opener

Full story: TwinCities.com 8
The Timberwolves tipped off their 20th season Wednesday night with new uniforms, new logos and a new Target Center court. Full Story
Jay

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Oct 29, 2008
K-Love looked pretty good! Very poised for a rookie.
Trey

Mound, MN

#2 Oct 29, 2008
Fun game to be at. It was nice to see them put up 33 in the first quarter after watching some of that garbage last week. They didn't put Sac away when they had a couple of chances to, but it made for an exciting finish. Not sure why Ollie played until there were two minutes left - what happened to "fourth quarter Foye"?? Ollie was giving them nothing except no turnovers. I agree with Jay that Love looked poised out there, except he was looking to the bench from the offensive (other) end to see where he should be. The Wolves have a chance for a nice start with 3 of 4 at home, and the road game at OKC. Go Wolves!
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

#3 Oct 30, 2008
The Minnesota Who?....when did we get a team?
Greg - Andover

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 30, 2008
Trey wrote:
Fun game to be at. It was nice to see them put up 33 in the first quarter after watching some of that garbage last week. They didn't put Sac away when they had a couple of chances to, but it made for an exciting finish. Not sure why Ollie played until there were two minutes left - what happened to "fourth quarter Foye"?? Ollie was giving them nothing except no turnovers. I agree with Jay that Love looked poised out there, except he was looking to the bench from the offensive (other) end to see where he should be. The Wolves have a chance for a nice start with 3 of 4 at home, and the road game at OKC. Go Wolves!
They barely beat Sacramento at home.....Sacramento. Still lost offensively. When does the Foye experiment at point guard stop? Similar to T-Jack & the Vikings. Enough already, go out & get a decent point guard. McHale still sucks!!!!!!
Greg - Andover

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Oct 30, 2008
Jerry - Saint Paul wrote:
Greg from Andover: From all of us that aren't afraid to live in the cities, thank you for living up their, because we'd hate to go to prison for beating you to a bloody pulp for that ignorant post. How in the hell do you make a comparison from T-Jack to Foye. Jackson has had so many chances to prove himself and he's done nothing. When Foye's been given chances he's done well. His stats may not be top notch every game, but we win with him, and that's all that counts. Greg from Butfuk, Egypt did you also watch the Warriors-Hornets game? The Warriors don't even have a PG and they were tied with the HORNETS all the way to the last minute. Next time get yourself educated with NBA basketball before you post ignorant crap none of us want to here. Don't doubt Sacramento too, Theus is a pretty decent coach. much better than ours and they also have Martin, who's one of the best perimeter scores in the League. Did you also see any of his games against us last year?b He torched us, but Brewer and Carney held him in check. Sac-Town - 29-53 T-Puppies - 35-47
Hey Jerk. Nice language. I was a season ticket holder for 10 years. Yes I did see the game where Martin scored 40 + points against us. Randy Foye has been in the league for 2 years. The comparison,if you'll let me explain & tell your mother to stop calling you for dinner, is that the management has spent a high pick on Foye/T. Jack & feel obligated to play them at the position(force them into situations). Randy Foye is not a point guard. Against decent teams we will have a hard time scoring & our defense isn't going to stop anyone. The NBA people on TNT say that. The local writers are saying that as well. Unless your name is Jerry Sichting & you know more than the NBA people, shut your pie hole. Isn't it great that people can post there opinions(which I did), too bad imbeciles like you have to degrade someone. Why don't you just say, I disagree & this is why. State your case & move on. They have Martin, we have Al Jefferson. You don't go very far with only one really good player. That doesn't add up to 35 wins for the Wolves. You're crazy.
Jerry - Saint Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Oct 30, 2008
Greg, for future reference, just remember when you begin a post with big statements like I've been a season ticket holder for ten years, it kind of sounds like bull crap and it becomes very difficult to take anything you write seriously. You're kind of like one of those kids in school that wanted to prove something so hard that they were willing to give you their phone number so that you could call their mother and have her tell you that was he was telling the truth. I'm sure the TNT network would be thrilled to hear that you actually take anything Charles Barkley says seriously. There's a reason that none of those guys are within any team's organization, whether that be in coaching or the front office. I'd imagine Mike Miller being an alternate on the Olympics team means nothing to you too, right? First grade mathematics would conclude that that's two good players. If I had to guess I'd say your an OJ Mayo fan too, right? He's Ben Gordon with less of a shot, but better defense. I'll take Mikey and Love for that any day. That was McHale's third best move, behind drafting KG and trading KG. You're funny, I give you a little crap about being scared of the cities, which I'm sure has come from your television viewing of the News and you come back with a mother joke! Has your wife turned you back into child? Does she set your clothes out for you? Underestimate the Wolves! That's just what they want.
diehard Wolves fan

Seoul, Korea

#9 Oct 31, 2008
Greg, for future reference, just remember when you begin a post with big statements like I've been a season ticket holder for ten years, it kind of sounds like bull crap and it becomes very difficult to take anything you write seriously. You're kind of like one of those kids in school that wanted to prove something so hard that they were willing to give you their phone number so that you could call their mother and have her tell you that was he was telling the truth. I'm sure the TNT network would be thrilled to hear that you actually take anything Charles Barkley says seriously. There's a reason that none of those guys are within any team's organization, whether that be in coaching or the front office. I'd imagine Mike Miller being an alternate on the Olympics team means nothing to you too, right? First grade mathematics would conclude that that's two good players. If I had to guess I'd say your an OJ Mayo fan too, right? He's Ben Gordon with less of a shot, but better defense. I'll take Mikey and Love for that any day. That was McHale's third best move, behind drafting KG and trading KG. You're funny, I give you a little crap about being scared of the cities, which I'm sure has come from your television viewing of the News and you come back with a mother joke! Has your wife turned you back into child? Does she set your clothes out for you? Underestimate the Wolves! That's just what they want.
Hey man,
You don't need to be negative and start a personal attack on the guy's family. Nonetheless, I agree with you as far as the Timberwolves go.

Al Jefferson is one of the best young big men in the league, with stats rivaling the likes of Dwight Howard and Chris Bosh. The only reason he wasn't voted an all-star or sent to the 2008 Olympics was that he was stuck on a loosing team, the same reason KG (God bless him) was an all-star reserve rather than an all-star starter in his last year with Minnesota.

Mike Miller was on the Olympic team, was 2001 ROY, and 2006 Best 6th Man. Can you guess who else also accomplished that? No? That's because he's the FIRST to win BOTH awards in his career.

Kevin Love IS the next Kevin McHale (on the court, at least). No questions. No doubt. Stats prove it. In fact, Love had more points AND boards in his first game then OJ Mayo...and in half the time it took Mayo to do so.

The Wolves will have their best post-KG era season yet and will be an elite contender along with Portland and New Orleans within 5 years.
Greg - Andover

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Oct 31, 2008
Section 210 row 3 seats 1 & 2. My best friend is in a wheel chair. We split the seats with 3 other guys. We sit at the free throw line across from the Wolves bench. I'm not an O.J. Mayo fan. You have no idea why these guys aren't coaching/managing a team. Maybe it doesn't work schedule wise. Kevin McHale started out as a commentator when his playing days were over. Who knows? Again, no need for personal attacks. It takes a real man to make threats on a post, so congrats Jerry. Let's wait to see what happens at the end of the season. I don't think they will win 30 games this year. AGAIN JERRY, IT'S JUST MY OPINION!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencer Hawes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philadelphia 76ers: Popular in trade rumors (Feb '14) Feb '14 xKINGxDYCEx 1
NBA Trade Rumors: Philadelphia 76ers packaging ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 xKINGxDYCEx 1
Philadelphia 76ers Should Be Cautious About Tra... (Dec '13) Dec '13 xKINGxDYCEx 2
What Can Philadelphia 76ers Get for Their Veter... (Nov '13) Nov '13 xKINGxDYCEx 1
Daniel Orton Adds To Philadelphia 76ers' Uncert... (Oct '13) Oct '13 King Dyce 1
Breaking Down How Andrew Bynum Will Transform P... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Sam 3
Bob Ford: Andrew Bynum closing in on debut with... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Dallas 1
•••
•••

Spencer Hawes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••